pinky

Anyone who thinks the results of a Presidential election qualify that year to be the "worst ever" in their entire lives, has their priorities screwed up. And that's being kind.

As long as USA is a democracy I dont understand how anyone can assess the year that based on a presidential election.

The key is to work on the things you can control(how you think) and focus less on what you cant control.

All i can say is that i am glad to have lived another year in good health

Not my favorite year that's for sure. Made some huge job decision mistakes which completely ruined my year. But on the upside reconnected with a few long lost friends and saw Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, and did a bit of road tripping. So it was an up and down year for me, which unfortunately ended down.

Howdy folks! 2008 let's see hmm? in the grand scheme of things I'd have to say...

"I Made it!" :yay:

Most of you know the rest of the stories LOL.

On another positive note on the eve of my 1 year anniversary of being a member of this site, I'm happy to have been aquainted with some of the nicest people I've known both guys and gals.

Led Zeppelin Fans are the coolest people on the planet :gimmefive:

Happy Anniversary Dzldoc! :)

You are the niceset and most diplomatic person on this forum.

I love your humor and funny videos and pictures.

This site wouldn't be the same without you! :thanku:

Happy Anniversary Dzldoc! :)

You are the niceset and most diplomatic person on this forum.

I love your humor and funny videos and pictures.

This site wouldn't be the same without you! :thanku:

:blush: Aw shucks! Thanx DOC! :kiss:

ROCK ON! ZEP HEADS! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

free-party-smileys-860.gif

2008 wasn't necessarily the best year for me, but it wasn't necessarily the worst either. A good friend's husband died suddenly and left her with 2 young kids to raise alone, and my sister found out she had cancer. So those weren't good. I saw some good concerts, I got to meet my favorite singer, I met a pretty cool guy, my work gave me a special dinner & present for being there 5 years, another of my friends got married to a wonderful guy. Those were all good. So it all balances out.

It's hard to say an entire year is bad when it's just three hundred and sixty five days marked off as a way to measure time. Every year brings some good and bad so it just depends on how you look at it. This past year wasn't the best for me but rather than focus on that I feel it's better to concentrate on the positive things that happened, like all of the great music I saw and listened to in 2008 and the people I shared those times with. There were also lots of new friendships made. Better to weigh on the positive things than the negative or there will never be any moving forward. Therefore I tend to look at 2009 as a new beginning rather than considering all that's happened in the last year to be some sort of end to everything.

2008 is just soooo last year! ;)

All in all not too bad for me and mine.

My partner and kids are healthy, we have a roof over our heads and this year will bring up ten years service at my current employer.

"If one always looks back then they won't see what's in front of them and set themselves up for a fall." RW 2009.

2008 was a year that I faced incredible traumatic consequences and perceviered. The effects lasted quite sometime, but I made it out of it intact and strengthened my spirit as the year went by.

To know such downs truly makes one appreciate the highs. Afterall we could be like Heath Ledger, Anna Nicole Smith or Mitch Mitchell and not be here to have HOPE. In life, that's what springs eternal, the chance for better times. 2009 can bring that for everyone who is still breathing.

Let's see 2008. Sports injury, other somewhat minor medical problems that I won't go into. Five co-workers left and only two were replaced. Guess who has more work/stress on his plate. Good news, I stayed employed. Only one concert. I ate well. I guess it could have been worse.

edit to add: Jesus after writing that down, it looks like I had a pretty shitty year. Didn't even go into the stock market meltdown.

Archived