What is the deal with Robert?

ludwigking

You are free to think whatever you choose. Fact is, Robert has stated he is unable (nor does he wish) to play the part of his former self, as far as being the lead singer for Led Zeppelin. He does not no who that person is anymore. His words. It also ends this topic that most dread, yet for some reason, cannot handle the truth.

I think you may be misreading his words--I don't know the person I was in those days either, thank God, but I'm actually a smarter and more capable person than I was then, not a more limited one. I can handle that truth just fine, and clearly so can Plant. But yes, let us end this dreaded topic that goes nowhere! :wall:

I think you may be misreading his words--I don't know the person I was in those days either, thank God, but I'm actually a smarter and more capable person than I was then, not a more limited one. I can handle that truth just fine, and clearly so can Plant. But yes, let us end this dreaded topic that goes nowhere! :wall:

That's nice but It's not a matter of intellect, and when you are a singer like Robert is, at some point you are going to have limits. I didn't read his words, they were spoken. His meaning (as usual will be twisted like it is pizza dough here), is simple. He cannot preform as he once did night after night, plus he doesn't care to do it. Couple his comments with JPJ's loud music comment, and you have the answer.

I don't think it's his limitations that's keeping him from joining JP/JPJ/JB--

however, I DO think that this topic has reached the extent of its limitations, exhausted its possibilities, passed its sell-by date, outlived its shelf-life, used up its interest-value, come to the end of its natural life-span, reached its natural conclusion, surpassed the boundaries of human tolerance, and so on.

Wow.............very well said Aquamarine!

I don't think it's his limitations that's keeping him from joining JP/JPJ/JB--

however, I DO think that this topic has reached the extent of its limitations, exhausted its possibilities, passed its sell-by date, outlived its shelf-life, used up its interest-value, come to the end of its natural life-span, reached its natural conclusion, surpassed the boundaries of human tolerance, and so on.

Amen!! :goodpost::bravo:

Amen!! :goodpost::bravo:

I'm sure you are right, but maybe not equally sure if it's practically possible to completely bury this subject yet. Out there are many Led Zeppelin enthusiasts who haven't yet vented their frustrations anywhere at all, and finally when Jones, Page and Bonham jr. announce their singer and tour dates, even launch new material, all this longing after Robert :tears: will surface again. All apologies, but I hope older forum members could have a little tolerance for the silly stuff we write on the Newbies section :bagoverhead: .

I'm sure you are right, but maybe not equally sure if it's practically possible to completely bury this subject yet. Out there are many Led Zeppelin enthusiasts who haven't yet vented their frustrations anywhere at all, and finally when Jones, Page and Bonham jr. announce their singer and tour dates, even launch new material, all this longing after Robert :tears: will surface again. All apologies, but I hope older forum members could have a little tolerance for the silly stuff we write on the Newbies section :bagoverhead: .

Ehmm, I'm quite new compared to the other forum members as well. But don't worry, we're all free to express our opinions and feelings, as long as it is well reasoned and doesn't contain sick insults.

Ehmm, I'm quite new compared to the other forum members as well. But don't worry, we're all free to express our opinions and feelings, as long as it is well reasoned and doesn't contain sick insults.

Ok, and I try to remember that beyond this LZ confusion is concrete hope of a Raising Sand 2. / Dyble & Plant album. That's going to be good :blush: .

Robert is one of those people that constantly churns out new things. He is always changing. No one knows what he is going to come out with next, and sometimes I wonder if he even knows. His processes seems to be very spur of the moment, but I think that's a good thing. He is up for a lot of things, as long as the timing is right. Everyone should just give it time.

He's waiting for the "YEAR OF THE HORSE"

YEAR OF THE HORSE see 1:24

It'll be ... LIKE A HURRICANE !!!

:toast:

(like the HORSE OF THE YEAR?

081025-zenyatta-hlg-6p.hlarge.jpg

Sorry, Bear Now ...

That's nice but It's not a matter of intellect, and when you are a singer like Robert is, at some point you are going to have limits. I didn't read his words, they were spoken. His meaning (as usual will be twisted like it is pizza dough here), is simple. He cannot preform as he once did night after night, plus he doesn't care to do it. Couple his comments with JPJ's loud music comment, and you have the answer.

But the words you were quoting were the ones about not knowing the person he was then, which isn't the same as--

D'OH! I'm keeping the thread going!! :slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface:

All apologies, but I hope older forum members could have a little tolerance for the silly stuff we write on the Newbies section :bagoverhead: .

You're right--I wasn't allowing for it being in the Newbies section. It's just so frustrating--but anyway, apologies to you, too. (Doesn't mean the topic deosn't drive me out of my mind, of course. :D )

D'OH!!!! I DID IT AGAIN!!!!! :slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface:

I don't know why Robert has not chosen to work with the 3 J's other than his comments made when asked. I can give you my opinion....

Hows that? Better? :D

The problem with making a statement like this on this forum is, you get 200 Robert know it alls claiming they know what Robert thinks. They know Robert is always evolving, and moving forward.

They know that he does not ever look back, and would never work in a past tense. So when you make a comment like the one I made above, it will go on forever because 90% of the readers know everything Robert does, says, thinks, and so on and so forth. Even when he changes his mind?Incredible mind readers who know how to interpret every word as if they had some kind of telepathic bond. It's borderline insane.

No one speaks for Robert except Robert. Not his friends, family, or even someone on texting terms.

Your opinion (and mine) on the other hand, lives on forever. No matter how stupid it is. Like these threads.

You're not going to trick me into keeping this going so I can point out that everybody also seems to know what Jimmy is thinking and feeling behind closed doors, but you're right that nobody speaks for them except them (though note how many of these replies have begun "I think" or "I don't think," not as definitive statements), and--

D'OH!!!!!!! :slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface:

You're not going to trick me into keeping this going so I can point out that everybody also seems to know what Jimmy is thinking and feeling behind closed doors, but you're right that nobody speaks for them except them (though note how many of these replies have begun "I think" or "I don't think," not as definitive statements), and--

D'OH!!!!!!! :slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface::slapface:

lol ok. No more tricks!

I agree that people will continue to be upset with Robert's choice, it is just that this has been discussed a zillion times already. Sorry if you thought I was coming down on you though.

I agree that people will continue to be upset with Robert's choice, it is just that this has been discussed a zillion times already. Sorry if you thought I was coming down on you though.

Thanks. It is admittedly true that it's impossible to reach much meaningful truths with this discussion. I'm even so ambivalent that my head spins because of my own contradictory opinions and emotions. First and foremost I like Percy so very much precisely because he experiments with music and doesn't want to become a boring, greedy, middle-of-the road rocker. Then again, although I want the other Zeps to achieve their dreams as well I get these cold sweats about Godzilla happening all over again, but on a larger scale, if Robert is not on board... :slapface: But yeah, I try to shut up about this topic for a moment now...

Archived