Seattle 3/21/75

Dr. Giggles

Oh, back to the thread.....

The crazy thing about Seattle is the one bad gig they did ('77) is the easiest to get!

Behind LA and NYC, Seattle must have been the next best place to see the mighty Zep!

yeh you got that right

and throw Boston in there as well.........before they got bannedangry.gif

I was there. They played very hard that night although Page was drunk. Robert mentioned Hendrix at one point when he said that they liked playing Seattle better than Vancouver. (I saw both shows in Vancouver as well)

Robert promised a good show that night and a good show it was! The encore was longer than on Monday night (3/17/75). Highlights were: Trampled Underfoot, Kashmir, In My Time of Dying, Sick Again. (Actually I liked every track they played) Later on in the show I met some girl in the front row, we chatted and she gave me her coat and I don't know why, but with her looks I would have rather had her phone number. :D

I would have given anything to see them play in Earl's Court. I guess that's what bootlegs are for.

I was there. They played very hard that night although Page was drunk. Robert mentioned Hendrix at one point when he said that they liked playing Seattle better than Vancouver. (I saw both shows in Vancouver as well)

Robert promised a good show that night and a good show it was! The encore was longer than on Monday night (3/17/75). Highlights were: Trampled Underfoot, Kashmir, In My Time of Dying, Sick Again. (Actually I liked every track they played) Later on in the show I met some girl in the front row, we chatted and she gave me her coat and I don't know why, but with her looks I would have rather had her phone number. biggrin.gif

I would have given anything to see them play in Earl's Court. I guess that's what bootlegs are for.

Just out of curiosity, do you remember the trouble that developed at the front of the stage on the 20th in Vancouver ? There was a guy stabbed right in front of Robert Plant and about 10ft away from where I was originally standing. I suspect this may be the reason behind Plant's comment about Vancouver.

"do you remember the trouble that developed at the front of the stage on the 20th in Vancouver?"

I was seated during this show and I don't recall a stabbing, but then we're talking about an event that happened 35 years ago. I saw so many different concerts in the 70's and I'm still amazed that my brain and hearing still work. :D

I was seated during this show and I don't recall a stabbing, but then we're talking about an event that happened 35 years ago. I saw so many different concerts in the 70's and I'm still amazed that my brain and hearing still work. biggrin.gif

You and me both laugh.gif

• 5 months later...

Archived