Does Led Zeppelin have Soul?

McSeven

In your own mind, Does LZ have Soul in thier music? If so what songs do you hear soul?

I think that LZ have soul. Soul to me are authentic lyrics and feel. An example of this would be certain songs. Good Times/Bad Times, Your time is gonna come, The Lemon Song, Ramble On, Bring it on home. Just to name a few.

Some bands do not have Soul in my mind. Like Van Halen/Rush. I think they are great, but Zep have a groove to thier music that makes it funky to my ears. When I hear Robert sing, I have to belive him when he talks about women. So when he talks about getting it on. When I look at him, I belive it. If MeatLoaf was Zeps lead singer, I would not really belive it.

Mc7

They certainly do. Just listen to "Trampled Under Foot" and "The Crunge" and the songs you've already mentioned. Alot of their influences were soul artists as well, so you can tell it was a huge influence on alot of their music.

I think their cover of We're Gonna Groove is a good example too, along with all of the other examples mentioned above. Their is also an early version of The Wanton Song out there that is a really good example.

Also worth mentioning that none of them appeared to have big legs, so it must mean they gotta have a little soul in em.

I think their cover of We're Gonna Groove is a good example too, along with all of the other examples mentioned above. Their is also an early version of The Wanton Song out there that is a really good example.

Also worth mentioning that none of them appeared to have big legs, so it must mean they gotta have a little soul in em.

Plus, none of them appear to be women, either. :D (I don't know about that, but I've been told.)

Why do people post ridiculous topics like this?

Why do you say that? :unsure: I think it's an excellent topic. Apart from the banter in the thread it's a very interesting question, because there are soul influences in LZ's music, and yet they are not really obvious - or much talked about. Seems like an ideal topic, and one to which I will return, methinks. B)

Why do you say that? :unsure: I think it's an excellent topic. Apart from the banter in the thread it's a very interesting question, because there are soul influences in LZ's music, and yet they are not really obvious - or much talked about. Seems like an ideal topic, and one to which I will return, methinks. B)

Soul to me hits you in the gut, its real and primal. When James Brown sings. I belive what he is singing about really happend for him. Thats why I say that LZ have Soul in thier music.

Soul to me hits you in the gut, its real and primal. When James Brown sings. I belive what he is singing about really happend for him. Thats why I say that LZ have Soul in thier music.

Actually that's an interesting description, because to me that describes the blues, whereas soul is something much more subtle (no less real, of course), which is why it's a less obvious influence.

Archived