Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll God Mythology

McSeven

Why does it seem to me that Zep, has a Mythology Mystique about them? It almost like when I see or hear people talk about them, in the same vein as The Norse/Greek Gods.

I don't get that same feel from other bands. Are Led Zeppelin Rock and Roll gods?

Mc7

Why does it seem to me that Zep, has a Mythology Mystique about them? It almost like when I see or hear people talk about them, in the same vein as The Norse/Greek Gods.

I don't get that same feel from other bands. Are Led Zeppelin Rock and Roll gods?

Mc7

Yes.

Mc7

I think that's a bit overstated. The only people I've ever heard refer to them as Gods is overzealous zep fans. For me, I think they were just a really good band who wrote/played really good music. However, they had their ups and downs just like every other band.

I think that's a bit overstated. The only people I've ever heard refer to them as Gods is overzealous zep fans. For me, I think they were just a really good band who wrote/played really good music. However, they had their ups and downs just like every other band.

Umm, Excuse me, please!

But we are all over-zealous Zepp fans here on this forum!

They are Rock Gods to us!

:soapbox:

Some of the media have referred to them as Rock Gods as well.

Some of the media have referred to them as Rock Gods as well.

It's not a bad idea to take references of that sort with a grain of salt. Led Zeppelin's work is powerfful enough as it is and the guys don't need daft personality cults to promote their music, but certain type of media on the other hand often needs to create hype to hook more people into buying their stuff. For me it's fun to call the Zeps gods or even Gods when it is meant with humour, but if someone actually worships them as gods... dunno... Freedom of religion is great though. :peace:

Mc7

If I had to sum up Zep in 1 word, it would be "mystical". It not only describes each of them individualy, but all of them as a whole even more.

So yes- I know exactly what you mean. What other band can simply take your breath away like Zep? It's scarry close to hypnosis. (Is that even a word?)

In my book, Zeppelin aren't just Rock Gods, they are amazing beings more like the Gods of mythology than human beings :)

If I had to sum up Zep in 1 word, it would be "mystical". It not only describes each of them individualy, but all of them as a whole even more.

So yes- I know exactly what you mean. What other band can simply take your breath away like Zep? It's scarry close to hypnosis. (Is that even a word?)

In my book, Zeppelin aren't just Rock Gods, they are amazing beings more like the Gods of mythology than human beings :)

Steady on, I mean I love them too, but I love them better as human beings with bus passes--it makes their achievements all the more impressive to think they came from fallible beings like you and me. ;) Well, me, anyway.

Steady on, I mean I love them too, but I love them better as human beings with bus passes--it makes their achievements all the more impressive to think they came from fallible beings like you and me. ;) Well, me, anyway.

Maybe us frail mortals aren't as hopeless as we thought ;)

Archived