Albums you should't enjoy, but do

Cletus

Maybe :blush: But they are fun to sing/dance along to :D I actually think Sara B. is pretty good and I really do like Maroon 5 (I know, I know; 'yall can't stand them...).

Thanks DD; I did like REO back in the day; I had all their albums through Hi Infidelity. What did they used to say...REO Journeywagon? :D

I have not heard that one but I loved their old stuff!

heres a few of mine, the BAND the last waltz, herb albert and the t. brass, merel hagard,REO, DYLAN, RICK JAMES, SNOOP DOGG,EMMYLU HARRIS, BEETHOVEN,MONKEYS,PABLO NUTINI,BOB MARLEY,BOSTON..... :stereo:

Awwwwww, Tangerine, it's too bad you didn't get introduced to the Cocteau Twins until

1995, as you missed out on hearing them live. As great as Elizabeth Frasier was on

record, it was seeing her do her thing in concert that really blew your mind.

I love the Cocteau Twins. Saw them live years ago.

I don't listen to any music that I am ashamed of, except for the top 10 crap they play on the radio and I try to avoid that as much as possible. A good friend of mine is ten years younger than me and does not like "classic rock" but there are two bands that we both like, Uriah Heep and Iron Maiden.

heres a few of mine, the BAND the last waltz, herb albert and the t. brass, merel hagard,REO, DYLAN, RICK JAMES, SNOOP DOGG,EMMYLU HARRIS, BEETHOVEN,MONKEYS,PABLO NUTINI,BOB MARLEY,BOSTON..... :stereo:

Can't see how anything by Dylan would fall under albums you shouldn't enjoy. I also like Merle Haggard, The Monkees and Paolo Nutini.

It's all subjective really. I'm not ashamed of what I listen to, even if it might seem silly to bad to others. I enjoy it and enjoy listening to a lot of different kinds of music.

i love bootsy collins and everything he has done, from james brown through p-funk, and even "groove is in the heart" by dee-lite

Jimmy Page was big buddies with Bootsy - may still be. I had a very interesting experience going to a Firm show with him in the 80s. Boy did he have some stories to tell! And I LOVE "Groove Is In The Heart"

The Band, Dylan, Haggard, Emmylou, Beethoven and Marley is artists everyone SHOULD listen to. They are highly influental artists, people learn stuff from listening to them.

Would any self professed hard rock fan be embarrassed by "Earth Angel" by the Penguins?

I have that on now, along with alot of other late 50s/early 60s doo-wop tunes.

I listen proudly! :thumbsup:

Oh goodness, what do I hear now? Why it's "Put your head on my shoulders" by Paul Anka.

Look around for :rolleyes:, :unsure:

Can't see how anything by Dylan would fall under albums you shouldn't enjoy. I also like Merle Haggard, The Monkees and Paolo Nutini.

It's all subjective really. I'm not ashamed of what I listen to, even if it might seem silly to bad to others. I enjoy it and enjoy listening to a lot of different kinds of music.

o' i'am not ashamed!! Just stating that kids my daughters age 25 look at me like i'am crazy, :blink: but not saying all kids this age feel this way :)

o' i'am not ashamed!!

I thought the point of the thread was to list albums you shouldn't enjoy but you do. How on earth Dylan, Emmylou, Elvis Costello, R.E.M., Marley, the Cocteau Twins, Counting Crows and some of the others listed fit that description is anyone's guess.

Jimmy Page was big buddies with Bootsy - may still be. I had a very interesting experience going to a Firm show with him in the 80s. Boy did he have some stories to tell! And I LOVE "Groove Is In The Heart"

That's cool that Jimmy and Bootsy are buddies and I would have loved to hear those stories too! I like so many different artists and genres and am not ashamed of what I like. I am just a music lover period!! :D

I don't know about a guilty pleasure, but the one group that sticks out like a sore thumb amongst my collection is Gnarls Barkley. St. Elsewhere and The Odd Couple are two discs that I really enjoy. Does that make me crazy? Possibly. :)

I don't know about a guilty pleasure, but the one group that sticks out like a sore thumb amongst my collection is Gnarls Barkley. St. Elsewhere and The Odd Couple are two discs that I really enjoy. Does that make me crazy? Possibly. :)

I like Gnarls Barkley too :)

Does anyone have any albums like this. I can think if one at the moment.

Rush - Hold Your Fire (1987)

Most of it sounds like rather generic 80's pop. It pales in comparison to their earlier output. But for some reason, I find myself really enjoying many of the songs on this one. I think my favorites would have to be "Second Nature, Mission and Turn the page.

How's it going "Cletus" as well as our fellow die hard had core ZEPPELIN fanatics. I have read every single post on this thread and I can truly say that maybe with the exception of PAT BOONE (I like some of PAT BOONE'S songs.), I am not ashamed to admit that I like every single band and albums that all of you have mentioned. Did all of you see the Fiesta Bowl yesterday between Texas and Ohio State? Guess what the University of Texas Marching band played at halftime? "STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!" Looks like the mighty LED ZEPPELIN is making their way into marching bands on the football field now. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Cletus" as well as our fellow die hard had core ZEPPELIN fanatics. I have read every single post on this thread and I can truly say that maybe with the exception of PAT BOONE (I like some of PAT BOONE'S songs.), I am not ashamed to admit that I like every single band and albums that all of you have mentioned. Did all of you see the Fiesta Bowl yesterday between Texas and Ohio State? Guess what the University of Texas Marching band played at halftime? "STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!" Looks like the mighty LED ZEPPELIN is making their way into marching bands on the football field now. ROCK ON!

I am trying to forget the game and every thread is talking about this game and the Texas band! :lol:

And I missed seeing it! :slapface:

Archived