Jimmy Page 2009

nirvana

Let's hope that Jimmy makes all his efforts over the last few years become a reality in 2009.

We know he's been working on new material for a while now.

With or without Robert, he needs to introduce it to the music public this year.

Jimmy, we have Faith in you...We've been waiting - it's your Time.

Let's hope that Jimmy makes all his efforts over the last few years become a reality in 2009.

We know he's been working on new material for a while now.

With or without Robert, he needs to introduce it to the music public this year.

Jimmy, we have Faith in you...We've been waiting - it's your Time.

definitely agree nirvana,, jimmy cant wait for plant or what people may say will hurt the bands legacy.. pagey needs to do what he feels is best.. its his band and everything goes thru him and i wish to death that plant could be there but if not i still want to hear pagey jonesy and jason do their thing.. 2009 or bust!!

I think He should do a solo lp and get JPJ,and Jason to help maybe ask Robert to help with Vocals on a track or two and get some guest musicans to play also then tour would a decent vocalist or two.Just My two cents but He has enough money He really never has to do another thing. I still however hope He has the need/want to to do it . Jimmy is the Guitar God.

I think He should do a solo lp and get JPJ,and Jason to help maybe ask Robert to help with Vocals on a track or two and get some guest musicans to play also then tour would a decent vocalist or two.Just My two cents but He has enough money He really never has to do another thing. I still however hope He has the need/want to to do it . Jimmy is the Guitar God.

I agree with you 100%, alwizard! :)

• 5 months later...

I'm reading through the old threads and dig this up, well, to mark the last day of the first half year.

At least we'll get to see IMGL, and Jimmy DID promise something new, even if it will be at the end of 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

Just because they've been asked to fill those dates, doesn't mean they will. It would be done on their own terms and not because a promoter and a venue needs them filled to avoid losing a lot of money. It's someone else's problem and not there's. I say it's pretty unlikely it will happen.

Just because they've been asked to fill those dates, doesn't mean they will.

Precisely. 'Led-Zeppelin fills in for Michael Jackson... pictures at eleven...' Not gonna happen. As far as Jimmy doing something this year I am reminded of 1988. He released Outrider, with Jason on drums, three different vocalists (John Miles - Chris Farlowe - Percy) then toured with Jason and Miles.

I know the reaction to that tour was quite good. Pagey was back in form and the shows were filled with a variety of material from his entire career up to that point, including The Yardbirds, Zep, Death Wish II, Firm and Outrider.

Perhaps another tour like that, with a new solo album featuring Jason and John Paul. Sadly, since 1988 he's only released a couple of new albums; Coverdale/Page and Clarksdale, but there will be some material from both he could play if he so chose to.

At this point Jimmy has nothing to prove, so this would strictly be a love of music thing, if he were to do something. Time will tell...

It will never be "never" as long as JPage is healthy. The years of hard living have to be catching up to him. Mr. Page as a elderstatesman of Rock. But would it not be quite spectacular to see Jack White and Jimmy Page on tour together?

agreed i want hear some new material cause nothing good out now except the ben harper and the relentless 7's new album

Really? I've been enjoying some good new stuff from Wilco, Patterson Hood, Son Volt, Drive-By Truckers, Tim Easton, the Gourds, etc. over the past few months myself.

Precisely. 'Led-Zeppelin fills in for Michael Jackson... pictures at eleven...' Not gonna happen. As far as Jimmy doing something this year I am reminded of 1988. He released Outrider, with Jason on drums, three different vocalists (John Miles - Chris Farlowe - Percy) then toured with Jason and Miles.

I know the reaction to that tour was quite good. Pagey was back in form and the shows were filled with a variety of material from his entire career up to that point, including The Yardbirds, Zep, Death Wish II, Firm and Outrider.

Perhaps another tour like that, with a new solo album featuring Jason and John Paul. Sadly, since 1988 he's only released a couple of new albums; Coverdale/Page and Clarksdale, but there will be some material from both he could play if he so chose to.

At this point Jimmy has nothing to prove, so this would strictly be a love of music thing, if he were to do something. Time will tell...

By the way, that is a super cool picture of JPJ in your sig!

Archived