'WE'VE HAD BBC SESSIONS' and 'HOW THE WEST WAS WON'..........

Walesdad

.....but why are there no officially released multi disc anthology's of Led Zeppelin's live concert performances?I'm sure that this subject has been covered already on this board,I'm new so I haven't read every single post on any of the forums,but it just amazes me that the people involved who make the decisions can't see the market for such authorised releases.The likes of Deep Purple,Bob Dylan,the Grateful Dead,Neil Young,Marillion and many more artists are going down this road and releasing material from the archives that there fans are only to willing to buy.It does not denigrate in any way the legacy of these bands,I think in fact that it would only enhance the reputation of Led Zeppelin,and it is not an exercise in nostalgia either.Rant over,but I'm still baffled why the band don't try and release some of the best live material from the vaults.

in my opinion its actually an insane thing that a live anthology of some sort hasnt been released by now. i bought bootlegs on vinyl, went to cd, gave up and bought regular cds of all music for yrs, got on this board and had some stuff forwarded to me, which i have forwarded to others and recently have my good life long friend forwarding me stuff too, from downloading....its amazing the amount of material out there to listen to.

the led zeppelin dvd was great! but i truly believe that they could put together an audio compilation that is better!

in my opinion its actually an insane thing that a live anthology of some sort hasnt been released by now. i bought bootlegs on vinyl, went to cd, gave up and bought regular cds of all music for yrs, got on this board and had some stuff forwarded to me, which i have forwarded to others and recently have my good life long friend forwarding me stuff too, from downloading....its amazing the amount of material out there to listen to.

the led zeppelin dvd was great! but i truly believe that they could put together an audio compilation that is better!

Jimmy's standards are so high for material to be released, that he seems to only want to do the multi-tracks. There's not much in the vaults according to him in previous interviews that falls into this category. Can anyone confirm exactly what else could be released that are multi-track recordings? The SBs I guess don't exactly fall into this category, but if they were remixed, I'm sure we'd be more than happy with the result.

Jimmy's standards are so high for material to be released, that he seems to only want to do the multi-tracks. There's not much in the vaults according to him in previous interviews that falls into this category. Can anyone confirm exactly what else could be released that are multi-track recordings? The SBs I guess don't exactly fall into this category, but if they were remixed, I'm sure we'd be more than happy with the result.

Hey-Up,

SuperDave I personally cannot say what is/are in the Vaults, & I agree 100% in what you say about "Sir" Jimmy Page & his & the rest of the Bands Standards :notworthy: being so High, but I'm sure like me & alot of us on this Board, we have enough live DVD's/Boots to mull over & find enough material, so I would guess that Jimmy, JP Jones, & Robert "CBE" have got a Library full of footage to go through, & if so wanted to release it.

I was listening to a- 1976 Cameron Crowe "Radio Profile Spotlight" broadcast lastnight, & at the time he said....quote..."the First 7 Albums were a -Fascinating Education", with this in mind, & another 4yrs to go before we lost "Bonzo" :notworthy: there would have been another 150+ shows that they could provide soundtrack or footage. As standards were so high, all of it could not be released, otherwise they wouldn't have done the shows, so they were right not to "RIP us off ££$$".

As Mr Grant said, "To screw another Dime out of Led Zeppelin",

They (Led Zeppelin) looked after us, & didnt churn out any old Shit, like some bands to make them rich, Led Zeppelin made us rich,with what we saw & heard of them :thanku: .

All the best,

Hang-man :ph34r:

Thanks Hang-man for the insight. Hopefully, we'll get some more of this one day. Until then I'll rely on the officials and my bootlegs.

Hey-Up SD,

Not a problem, send me a PM with an e-mail address, & we'll have a chat about footage. An "In-sight" for some of the guy's on here is, ledzeppelinart.com & on there is ALL the Art Work & "Sleeve Covers- Track Listings" etc, for most/all of the Led Zeppelin Footage out there, & its like a ""Good Gig Guide".

I've just got hold of a copy of "Film Noir", which is a "5Disc,3Vol" Holy Grail :notworthy: , & one can get the Sleeve covers printed off there, so WELL worth a look.

Back to what we were saying, Its always nice to buy something Official of Led Zeppelin, & since

"The Dis-Bandment-Dec 1980", :tears: The Chaps have done us Proud with what they have Released, be it, CD/DVD, or Solo Page, Solo Plant, or the Page Plant gigs, JPJ -Soundtracks-Albums- Guests at Places you wouldn't expect, (list is endless) etc, + a whole bunch of other musical interests, & not forgetting all the GOOD work that they have done for Charities, ABC Trust, then the O2 gig, Robert & Alison & being Excellent @ Wembley Arena, so always on the LOOK-OUT.

Theres still a " Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin" out there, & Long may it Continue.

All the best

Hang-man :ph34r:

Though there are particular shows I would love for an official multitrack/soundboard release of (Seattle 75 comes to mind). I dont imagine there are too many recordings we dont already have our hands on. Maybe there are some multitracks/soundboards from shows we only have in bad Audience recording.

Southampton 1973 was a multitrack and contender for the official release that HTWWW (LA 72) ended up wining (from what ive read on this forum), and wouldnt you know it ended up slipping out on the internet and now we have Southampton 73 in damn near perfect quality.

So what Im saying is that if you get just the essentials alone when it comes to bootlegs you will already have such a chronicle, and more. Most of which are in soundboard quality.

But I would still love for something official to be released and also introduce the basic fan to how good Zep live was and how they evolved from year to year.

There is an official live compilation released. It just happens to be released on different cds or dvds. Put them all together and there you have it. BBC Sessions, Song Remains the Same, Led Zeppelin DVD, How the West was Won, MTV video of Ten Years Gone.

Archived