Texas Longhorn Band Playing Led Zeppelin Medley

Kentuckygirl

During the halftime show of the Fiesta Bowl, including Stairway. I have some rockers at my house that are completely hypnotized

:o:D

I wish what ever band keeps beating drums before each play would cut it out!

It's driving me nuts! :slapface:

OK, Here's the YouTube Video of the Texas Halftime Show as shown on Fox:

After the Pre-Game Show, the Halftime Show coverage begins at approx 1:50 in to the clip:

I wonder if those Longhorns had the unsurfaced recording of the Austin show from 1975 to refer to for their performance?

J/K, I realize they didn't play there then. :lol:

HELL YES.. that's my school.. the medley was the best part of the damn game :P

I was watching this with my dad, a bit bored to be honest, and he yelled at me from the living room that the band was playing 'Kashmir'... and then 'Stairway'.. they cut away too damn early! But it must have been good karma because the 'horns won. :D

OK, Here's the YouTube Video of the Texas Halftime Show as shown on Fox:

After the Pre-Game Show, the Halftime Show coverage begins at approx 1:50 in to the clip:

Pretty cool. I watched some of the game, but skipped the halftime show. Pretty decent medley. Too bad FOX cutaway after the beginning of STH. Funny, how the PA announcer gave Stairway the big buildup.

Pretty cool. I watched some of the game, but skipped the halftime show. Pretty decent medley. Too bad FOX cutaway after the beginning of STH. Funny, how the PA announcer gave Stairway the big buildup.

Thanks for posting that link. Someone was talking about seeing a professional skating routine on t.v. performed to I'm Gonna Crawl. Does anyone have that one. Can't find it on Youtube.

Thanks for posting that link. Someone was talking about seeing a professional skating routine on t.v. performed to I'm Gonna Crawl. Does anyone have that one. Can't find it on Youtube.

Sadiepearl, you should actually thank The Rover, since he posted the link originally.

You're Welcome !

I think it would be really cool to see all of the ice skating competiton done with Zeppelin songs over the years ....

That would make a cool DVD !

You're Welcome !

I think it would be really cool to see all of the ice skating competiton done with Zeppelin songs over the years ....

That would make a cool DVD !

I recall during the Winter Olympics, perhaps ten years ago or so that Elvis Stojko of Canada used an instrumental version of Stairway during his routine.

Check this out, it's quite interesting. I'm now convinced that every conceivable topic is available on the internet in some variation.

Skate List

Sadiepearl, you should actually thank The Rover, since he posted the link originally.

I know, I realized after I did it. I'm new to the forum, and this is my first forum B) I was going to apologize after viewing my post, but thought, hey, maybe no one will notice. Thanks, Super Dave and also my original thanks go to The Rover for posting this link. I shared it with my sister-in-law and fellow Zep fan. She said she saw it live. From now on she's promised to call me when something like this comes up in the future!

I recall during the Winter Olympics, perhaps ten years ago or so that Elvis Stojko of Canada used an instrumental version of Stairway during his routine.

Check this out, it's quite interesting. I'm now convinced that every conceivable topic is available on the internet in some variation.

Skate List

That's Wild ! !

Tonya Harding ... with "Bad To The Bone" ! What a Laugh !!!

Rudy Galindo -- "Dancing With Myself"

Oksana Baiul (Ukraine) -- "Keep it in the Closet" (Michael Jackson) --

Led Zeppelin --

Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux -- Kurt Browning (Canada)

Give You My Love (?) - Elena Bechke & Denis Petrov (Russia)

Stairway To Heaven -- Elvis Stojko (Canada) & Laetitia Hubert (France)

Robert Plant --

In the Mood -- Oksana Baiul & Victor Petrenko (Ukraine)

Skate List

:lol: You sure can find pretty much anything on the net these days! That's quite an interesting list. I watch a lot of skating competitions but some of the songs mentioned I haven't heard used. Very cool.

That's Wild ! !

Tonya Harding ... with "Bad To The Bone" ! What a Laugh !!!

Rudy Galindo -- "Dancing With Myself"

Oksana Baiul (Ukraine) -- "Keep it in the Closet" (Michael Jackson) --

Led Zeppelin --

Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux -- Kurt Browning (Canada)

Give You My Love (?) - Elena Bechke & Denis Petrov (Russia)

Stairway To Heaven -- Elvis Stojko (Canada) & Laetitia Hubert (France)

Robert Plant --

In the Mood -- Oksana Baiul & Victor Petrenko (Ukraine)

The version of In The Mood, might quite possibly be the Glenn Miller Orchestra version and not Robert Plant's.

Those are some good observations on your part in referencing certain skaters and the song title choices they used.

The version of In The Mood, might quite possibly be the Glenn Miller Orchestra version and not Robert Plant's.

Those are some good observations on your part in referencing certain skaters and the song title choices they used.

That's true.... it could have been the Glenn Miller version..... The other song they did in that program was Rock Around The Clock .....

Archived