Can I borrow $25.00?

Dzldoc

A wonderful story!

We had a similar situation in our family.

When I was 6, and my sister 3, my dad studied history to write a dissertation and become a doctor. He was reading and reseaching the whole time, but one day my father saw, how my sister listened to a Bach Fugue (classic has always been very important in our education) with her eyes wide open and asked: "What is this, Dad?".

Then my dad suddenly saw that he was going the wrong way, and quit, to spend a lot more time with us.

That's really lovely Lucy :)

That's really lovely Lucy

thanks! Now my sister is a true Bach expert on the piano, and my dad is very happy and writes book though he hasn't a doctor's degree. Sometimes things just turn out good. And I wish this for every person on earth. A happy ever after:- )

Well as pissed off as I've been as well as being hurt, I've made up my mind that I'm not going to hold any grudges.

I've made some new friends and I'm going to focus all of that energy into nurturing those friendships and enjoying the rest of my life and making those around me happy.

Negative vibes can Carry over and I don't want to jeopardize mine or my friends future happiness. :)

Well as pissed off as I've been as well as being hurt, I've made up my mind that I'm not going to hold any grudges.

I've made some new friends and I'm going to focus all of that energy into nurturing those friendships and enjoying the rest of my life and making those around me happy.

Negative vibes can Carry over and I don't want to jeopardize mine or my friends future happiness. :)

:yesnod: :yesnod: Absolutely. Regrets and grudges don't do anyone any good except get in the way of living life and moving on. I try to think of tough experiences as lessons and learn from them. Not always easy but something I work toward.

:'( That made me tear up.

Regrets and grudges don't do anyone any good except get in the way of living life and moving on.

Yeah, me too.

I'll never be able to afford more time with my dad, not till money means nothing.

It'll be at the pearly gates, if they let me in. I need to work on my savings, if you know what I mean.

:(

About grudges and such, I agree wholeheartedly. To forgive is divine.

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old post but I thought I would bump it up for some of our new members.

In the the last 14 months I've had a total of 4 hours contact with my son thanks to a spiteful woman and a Justice system that is slow as Mole asses! sad.gif

I know this is an old post but I thought I would bump it up for some of our new members.

In the the last 14 months I've had a total of 4 hours contact with my son thanks to a spiteful woman and a Justice system that is slow as Mole asses! sad.gif

I am so sorry to hear this, Charles.

Nothing that I can say will make it better.

It has to be horrible for you.

I just re-read this thread again, and it's funny that tomorrow we are moving the boys into their apartments at college, and I will have to go through the grieving process of them leaving home again. Hope that I don't hear that "Cat's In The Cradle" song again, LOL.

Archived