Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

Those first comments concerning making a go of it circulated back in November 2008. These new comments announcing rehearsals didn't work out and it's well and truly all over are being made as Jimmy's 65th birthday draws near (Friday). It's a real shame.

People all over the world have such a desire to show him their love, appreciation, and

bid Jimmy a fond farewell.

This could all be intentional, like if the manager was told to give two contradictory statements on wednesday, and then on friday Page came out to announce some happy news.

Edit: The news would then have to be either instrumental music or Plant returning, because otherwise they wouldn't have admitted their disillusionment with other singers.

Those first comments concerning making a go of it circulated back in November 2008. These new comments announcing rehearsals didn't work out and it's well and truly all over are being made as Jimmy's 65th birthday draws near (Friday). It's a real shame.

People all over the world have such a desire to show him their love, appreciation, and

bid Jimmy a fond farewell.

That's interesting, I don't remember Peter Mensch saying anything previously, and I certainly never saw a thread about it around here. I think there's still some clarification necessary.

When I hear that Bonham has returned to Foreigner, then I'll really be upset!

This could all be intentional, like if the manager was told to give two contradictory statements on wednesday, and then on friday Page came out to announce some happy news.

No, Jimmy's not one to string his followers along. Never. No way. If he's guilty of anything now it was holding on to false hope for Led Zeppelin's future possibilities.

No, Jimmy's not one to string his followers along. Never. No way. If he's guilty of anything now it was holding on to false hope for Led Zeppelin's future possibilities.

And yet he's been compiling new material for years. It's amazing to me how unwilling he seems to record or tour without the involvement of Robert Plant, who is uninterested in working with Jimmy. Is Plant that much of a security blanket? It's weird.

Perhaps Jimmy doesn't want to "waste" his material on a solo album only to have Plant come back into the fold afterwards. But it certainly appears that he should forget Robert and get on with it at this point IMO.

eternal light's post:

I do not think that happens, Robert is the time to clear the told my plans. Eli is not in favor of hope, unfortunately. After all, they appeared as LZ already three times, although Bonzo not involved, would be well able to use it as a name. Miserable, but I think that the air boat is already gone.

Google translation

:lol: > the Air Boat. That would be a good name for the band that was this morning....but not tonight.....but may be tomorrow......(fade to close)

IMHO, to say he's compiled some very loose ideas for new material is closer to truth. By his very own admission, he's simply not motivated to maintain any semblance of a "solo career" and disinterested in cultivating non-Zeppelin musical forays. I can't think of another guitarist so willing to forego new musical opportunities for the sake of being

forever beholden to their own fulfilled vision.

I agree Steve. It is becoming a sad affair in the present state. I can only hope a few small things will get done that will make Jimmy, and the fans happy. Speaking for myself, I cannot think there will ever be a time that I wish to give Jimmy a farewell of any kind. As long as he is breathing, these thoughts will never enter my mind.

I agree Steve. It is becoming a sad affair in the present state. I can only hope a few small things will get done that will make Jimmy, and the fans happy. Speaking for myself, I cannot think there will ever be a time that I wish to give Jimmy a farewell of any kind. As long as he is breathing, these thoughts will never enter my mind.

Outrider was such a great tour and (unlike a lot of people on here) I really liked the album esp. "Emerald Eyes". Too bad some scumbags stole most of the tapes. Jimmy's original plans for Outrider probably would have been incredible. Wasn't it going to be a double album? I wish Jimmy would do at least one more solo tour if he isn't going to do a tour with JPJ and JB.

And Chuck Berry, who just turned 82..still tours worldwide and puts on a fine show. If there's any musical role model for Page's generation, it continues to be Chuck. B)

Having just seen Chuck this past year I would say his show teetered on the edge of becoming a trainwreck the entire time and ventured into that territory a time or two when one song morphed into another. I'm glad I got to see him and that he's still out there touring but sadly his age is definitely a factor. The show I saw was free but anyone thinking of going to go see him be forewarned, he plays a 30 minute show and that's it.

From Blabbermouth

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=112067

JIMMY PAGE's Manager: 'LED ZEPPELIN Are Over! It's Done

first two paragraphs from the article

Despite published reports to the contrary Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have no plans to record and tour together.

Earlier today (Wednesday, January 7), MusicRadar spoke exclusively with Peter Mensch, Jimmy Page's manager, who stated categorically, "LED ZEPPELIN are over! If you didn't see them in 2007 [when they played a one-off reunion at London's O2 Arena; see video below], you missed them. It's done. I can't be any clearer than that."

:o It seems like a lot of you are ready to write Jimmy off to the old folks home with a wheelchair, a cardigan sweater and a cup of hot cocoa. I don't want to bid him a farewell just yet. Besides, it's obvious he doesn't want to do this new project half assed, and he shouldn't speed up the process just to make his fans happy. Personally, I'm tired of hearing the same old news, and I'm feeling strung along with these info-messages his friends are sending out. That chaps me more than anything.

IMHO, to say he's compiled some very loose ideas for new material is closer to truth. By his very own admission, he's simply not motivated to maintain any semblance of a "solo career" and disinterested in cultivating non-Zeppelin musical forays. I can't think of another guitarist so willing to forego new musical opportunities for the sake of being

forever beholden to their own fulfilled vision.

It's a bummer but I agree with you. Jimmy completely fulfilled his artistic vision with Zeppelin, and I guess he can't be bothered at 64 if settling for less than that doesn't excite or motivate him.

It's a shame because 20 years ago a lot of us thought we'd never see him on stage again because of what he was doing to himself health-wise at the time. I never envisioned a scenario where he was totally clean and healthy, playing like a demon, and choosing not to record and go on stage. Seems like he needs another soundtrack or ARMS tour to give him a jump start!

Does anybody remember..........the Van Halen reunion go around? Not the same exact situation but was probably just as unlikely as this one. Eddie comes out and says there are no plans whatsoever, Roth says "Hope springs eternal", fan buzz starts, message board memberships triple..then Eddie says he's going to rehab, all hope is lost and nothing is heard for months. THEN, Eddie shows up at a NASCAR pre-show and says nothing about the reunion(although they were already rehearsing with Roth PRIOR to "rehab" stint"). I get word from a source that runs into Alex at a restaurant in CA where he says they're getting along better than ever with Roth and they're gelling perfectly and "never say never".

Two weeks later, press conference, tour dates, World tour. They were just buying time until they were ready to make the announcement and the leaks were causing them to comment sooner than they wanted so they squashed the rumors completely although we now know much different. Obviously tour dates had to be planned MONTHS before any announcement was made.

Not making any specific predictions other than don't believe everything you read here and in print. It's all a spin and those "experts" here are spinning as well and throwing us off the scent(as well they should as would I if I were in their exalted position).

Remember we were told by the insiders that Myles Kennedy was in all along and when the press reported he was out, we were told said he was never in to begin with. This is why I read more than I post.

The only prediction I will make is that we will see Led Zeppelin again and will not be with Jason. If I'm wrong, I'm no more wrong than the insiders.

We are being worked my friends. But it's a good thing...........

Remember we were told by the insiders that Myles Kennedy was in all along and when the press reported he was out, we were told said he was never in to begin with. This is why I read more than I post.

I don't recall reading that anywhere. Myles Kennedy was very DEFINITELY "in" at one point.

Does anybody remember..........the Van Halen reunion go around? Not the same exact situation but was probably just as unlikely as this one. Eddie comes out and says there are no plans whatsoever, Roth says "Hope springs eternal", fan buzz starts, message board memberships triple..then Eddie says he's going to rehab, all hope is lost and nothing is heard for months. THEN, Eddie shows up at a NASCAR pre-show and says nothing about the reunion(although they were already rehearsing with Roth PRIOR to "rehab" stint"). I get word from a source that runs into Alex at a restaurant in CA where he says they're getting along better than ever with Roth and they're gelling perfectly and "never say never".

Two weeks later, press conference, tour dates, World tour. They were just buying time until they were ready to make the announcement and the leaks were causing them to comment sooner than they wanted so they squashed the rumors completely although we now know much different. Obviously tour dates had to be planned MONTHS before any announcement was made.

Not making any specific predictions other than don't believe everything you read here and in print. It's all a spin and those "experts" here are spinning as well and throwing us off the scent(as well they should as would I if I were in their exalted position).

The only prediction I will make is that we will see Led Zeppelin again and will not be with Jason. If I'm wrong, I'm no more wrong than the insiders.

We are being worked my friends. But it's a good thing...........

Archived