Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

[i'm no fan of Peter Mensch but he's no fool and I can't see what he is supposed to have done wrong here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name one thing this clown has done for Jimmy other than make him look like a fool.

I'm no fan of Peter Mensch but he's no fool and I can't see what he is supposed to have done wrong here.

well, like i said, what kind of a manager says he has no idea what his client is up to? esp straight after making out he DOES!!!! his conflicting statements are the reason i refuse to give up hope.

i need something better than that.

I'm not impressed with the job Page's manager has displayed in these statements. I thought a manager was supposed to encourage, support and make things happen for their artist. I don't believe you would have heard the statement '"The fuck if I know!" from Peter Grant in regards to promoting Jimmy Page. As long as Page has apparently ditched this project he might as well fire his shoddy management team.

RIGHT ON!

(But Peter would have said "well f-ck me!" somewhere in the conversation. )

well, like i said, what kind of a manager says he has no idea what his client is up to? esp straight after making out he DOES!!!! his conflicting statements are the reason i refuse to give up hope.

Perhaps he is frustrated that Jimmy isn't keeping him informed. It seems impossible for anyone on this forum to EVER consider that Jimmy may be less than perfect.

Chicago - he negotiated Jimmy's appearance at the O2. Didn't look anything like a fool there to me.

There is actually nothing wrong with his statements, there's a year between them, a lot of things have changed.

Well, I do agree that he could put it in a better way.

But the first statements were from last January, but reported as being new--the second statement was yesterday (or was it the day before, I'm losing track). That's why there's been so much confusion.

There is actually nothing wrong with his statements, there's a year between them, a lot of things have changed.

Well, I do agree that he could put it in a better way.

no, no. i mean the recent one, where he said that its all over in one breath, then says fuck if i know in the next.

Perhaps he is frustrated that Jimmy isn't keeping him informed. It seems impossible for anyone on this forum to EVER consider that Jimmy may be less than perfect.

Chicago - he negotiated Jimmy's appearance at the O2. Didn't look anything like a fool there to me.

if jimmy isn't keeping him informed, then WHY DID HE MAKE THAT STATEMENT????

i don't think jimmy is perfect. far from it. but his music IS, imo. :D

If Peter Grant were alive and well today, Led Zeppelin would be touring with Robert Plant.

Don't think so.

It's possible Page is figuring out his plans and just hasn't said anything to his manager yet. I don't know - every artist's relationship to their manager is different so maybe he feels if there's a reason to let him know something, he (Page) will.

Eh? I don't get what you mean. It isn't some kind of official statement/press release, he's spoken in an interview, and he seems totally informed about what ISN'T happening - but not about what Jimmy HAS planned for the future - if anything. I'm not saying he IS being kept in the dark - I'm just wondering why no-one here considers that as even being POSSIBLE and just blames everybody but Jimmy all the time.

Oh fuck it I just want to see Jimmy play live again!

i don't think jimmy is perfect. far from it. but his music IS, imo. :D

Apparently, Jimmy's informed him about what he's NOT going to do, he just hasn't told him what he WILL be doing. :D

Oh sorry, I guess that's what Knebby just said, we posted at the same time. (I also agree that I really want to see Jimmy play live again.)

Apparently, Jimmy's informed him about what he's NOT going to do, he just hasn't told him what he WILL be doing. :D

Hate to say it, but even Jimmy himself probably doesn't know what he will be doing.

Eh? I don't get what you mean. It isn't some kind of official statement/press release, he's spoken in an interview, and he seems totally informed about what ISN'T happening - but not about what Jimmy HAS planned for the future - if anything. I'm not saying he IS being kept in the dark - I'm just wondering why no-one here considers that as even being POSSIBLE and just blames everybody but Jimmy all the time.

Oh fuck it I just want to see Jimmy play live again!

i am totally confused now!

i can be a bit thick sometimes, but.....

the problem i have is ........ ok, if his manager doesn't know all the facts, then he should have said just that. don't talk like he knows everything, and then in the next breath say in answer to the question of what jimmy is doing in 2009, say " fuck if i know, i'm waiting to hear".

and yeah, we all just want see jimmy play again.

I don't see where stating that Page's management sucks dovetails into Jimmy being perfect.

How hard was it to secure Page for a 2-hour set of Zeppelin material? Some real heavy lifting there.

How about getting Jimmy some fucking work like the Clapton/Jeff Beck tandem that will be playing in Japan.

How about getting Jimmy some fucking work like the Clapton/Jeff Beck tandem that will be playing in Japan.

I was just talking with my friend about this!

But the problem is more like if Jimmy WANTS to do it.

I don't see where stating that Page's management sucks dovetails into Jimmy being perfect.

How hard was it to secure Page for a 2-hour set of Zeppelin material? Some real heavy lifting there.

Really Chicago, the negotiations between 4 different managers and all that that show entailed were some or the most complex in the music business.

Mensch could get Jimmy virtually any work he wants.

It's what he wants that is the issue.

Archived