Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

Sorry if this has been posted already. Hadn't seen it yet. Seems a tiny bit more light being shed.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/46...with-new-singer

herd on wzlx, bostons rock station, that jimmy's manager had confirmed at the time no work was being done to make a new album and no work was being done to make a tour and that john, jimmy, and bonzo's son had not found a replacement singer for robert, and at the time the manager has said if you didnt see them in london in 07, your never going to see them again, but hey what do managers know, just hoping they'll do sumthin

, and at the time the manager has said if you didnt see them in london in 07, your never going to see them again, but hey what do managers know, just hoping they'll do sumthin

Never see WHAT again? What we MIGHT have seen was not going to be Zep anyway. We watched a reasonable facsimile in 07 but as soon as Plant dropped out, everything became an unreasonable possiblity.

So, the "whatever it is, it won't be Zeppelin" band that never really came together in the 1st place is no more.

This "manager"---i really don't like his tone or temperment. Is he upset because he's losing a possible big payday? What's his problem? It was a NEW PROJECT! It does not mean that Jimmy, Jp and Jason lives are over. It means that the new band is not coming together at this time. So, we'll have to wait...something that we should be good at by now.

I think that Led Zeppelin should do a massive global "FAREWELL TOUR," play the top 17 or 18 songs that THE FANS WANT TO HEAR for the last time and then properly retire LED ZEPPELIN permanantly. That would be the best thing to do career-wise.

Led Zeppelin is already retired permanently.

And a tour is the best thing they could do career-wise? Dont think so...

I think that Led Zeppelin should do a massive global "FAREWELL TOUR," play the top 17 or 18 songs that THE FANS WANT TO HEAR for the last time and then properly retire LED ZEPPELIN permanantly. That would be the best thing to do career-wise.

As much as it would be great to see them again, they don't think it's the best thing career-wise. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just want to see Jimmy out there playing!

If he doesn't hurry, the title of his new album will be,

Classics from the Convalescent Commune.

The hourglass is spilling sand, not raising it.

The thing is, Jimmy himself had this opinion that it was now or never. Remember the whole line about zimmer frames? But it seems like it's still all or nothing for him. It's Zep or the retirement home.

The thing is, Jimmy himself had this opinion that it was now or never. Remember the whole line about zimmer frames? But it seems like it's still all or nothing for him.

All or nothing...which is probably what made him, at the height of his powers, such a genius!

I really can't imagine an artist like Jimmy Page who has suddenly been infused with a second dose of life doing NOTHING at this point. So the 3 J's project is over, I would expect him to still try to somehow express himself creatively since he supposedly has all of these new ideas. I guess he will forever stand in the shadow of the Zeppelin.

That would really let the floodgates open for forums such as this and a somewhat speculative media.

Yes, indeed... (and if the drummer and bassist were a couple of old friends that decided to tag along, that would be cool, too)... ;)

R B)

Took about 20 years for JPJ to do his first real solo album.

True. And JPJ has been just as inactive as Jimmy as a recording artist since Thunderthief. But then again, we don't have the same expectations from him as we do of Jimmy. JPJ also seems to have much more physical strength and stamina left. I mean, his finger strength to be able to play those fast octave-bass riffs, man. Jimmy, let's face it, is looking positively elderly and frail with the broken finger incident. He tries his best to look fashionable, but there are a lot of miles on the odometer. His physical ability to deliver the goods in a rock context going forward should not to be taken for granted. He should take his own advice and rock out before he's in zimmer frames.

True. And JPJ has been just as inactive as Jimmy as a recording artist since Thunderthief. But then again, we don't have the same expectations from him as we do of Jimmy. JPJ also seems to have much more physical strength and stamina left. I mean, his finger strength to be able to play those fast octave-bass riffs, man. Jimmy, let's face it, is looking positively elderly and frail with the broken finger incident. He tries his best to look fashionable, but there are a lot of miles on the odometer. His physical ability to deliver the goods in a rock context going forward should not to be taken for granted. He should take his own advice and rock out before he's in zimmer frames.

He was awesome in that Zepp concert in 07. I would say he was best part of that show. He can still play if he wants to.

I don't think he looks elderly just because he stopped dyeing his hair (a wise move, IMO), and anybody can break their finger if they trip--we don't know the exact circumstances, but I doubt if it was because he was old and doddery. Thus, I don't think his physical ability to do what we would all love to see him do onstage will hold him back for a while yet. Luckily.

Since Robert is out of the loop and Zeppelin is "no more", ....

I don't get the "Zeppelin" is no more thing myself especially since they've made a point of saying they weren't going to perform under that name anyway.

I also don't get how people think Page is too old to perform. Take a look around and you'll soon see that hasn't stopped Dylan, B.B. King, Chuck Berry, Willie Nelson, Van Morrison, Neil Young, Emmylou Harris, McCartney and lots of others from recording and touring.

I just finished reading Dave Lewis' "The Concert Files" and there was at least one, maybe two, broken/injured finger incidents in the 70's. For a man who makes his living playing a guitar he seems to be a bit of a klutz. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with age, he just needs to be a little more careful. :D

If it's not live- it's Memorex... Since Robert is out of the loop and Zeppelin is "no more", my prediction is JP & JPJ are working on releasing the CD version of the O2 show sometime this year.

I think we'll eventually hear something from Jimmy.

So, you think the O2 show will just be an audio release for now or will we get the dvd as well? When Jimmy works on a project it seems to be feast or famine, judging by the 2003 and 2007 releases. I just hope he doesn't take too many liberties with the production, like he did with "No Quarter" from TSRTS remastered version or taking a piece from here and there and so on like this:

http://www.thegardentapes.co.uk/

I think we'll eventually hear something from Jimmy.

So, you think the O2 show will just be an audio release for now or will we get the dvd as well? When Jimmy works on a project it seems to be feast or famine, judging by the 2003 and 2007 releases. I just hope he doesn't take too many liberties with the production, like he did with "No Quarter" from TSRTS remastered version or taking a piece from here and there and so on like this:

http://www.thegardentapes.co.uk/

It seems like producing an audio release of O2 first would be far easier on Jimmy time wise. And he has a advantage for producing an O2 cd over a video because synchronization isn't an issue. Hopefully he's heard all of the sound board tracks by now, and was happy with them. But I doubt he'll single-handedly produce a gorilla like the DVD; there was like what, 18 cameras at the show? He learned the first time around how difficult concert movies are- and hopefully he didn't hire any French directors for this production... :rolleyes: )

I don't get the "Zeppelin" is no more thing myself especially since they've made a point of saying they weren't going to perform under that name anyway.

I also don't get how people think Page is too old to perform. Take a look around and you'll soon see that hasn't stopped Dylan, B.B. King, Chuck Berry, Willie Nelson, Van Morrison, Neil Young, Emmylou Harris, McCartney and lots of others from recording and touring.

Exactly. I think if Jimmy REALLY wants to make some sort of new music he will, regardless if the others are on board.

None of them have to perform as much of a physically demanding setlist as Jimmy would. Of course, Macca has to sing and play at the same time so that is demanding.

Jimmy himself has attested to the physical demands, saying that playing zep is like jumping headfirst into nettles. The message being that you don't do it half-assed (unless you're Robert playing 'reimagined' Zep-lite solo).

Archived