Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

Then about the bbc; they have chanced the date of their Mensch interview to 07 January 2009. Go figure...

:huh: So they're saying it's a REAL new interview? Then why would Mensch say he hadn't had any interview with the BBC people for months?

:huh: So they're saying it's a REAL new interview? Then why would Mensch say he hadn't had any interview with the BBC people for months?

It could be that the bbc interview was actually done months before it was broadcast, and bbc just doesn't want to admit it, or it really is a recent interview and Mensch was being way too optimistic about his prospects but doesn't want to admit it.

The Music Radar interview on the other hand has seemingly been confirmed by now by Mensch's office. Rolling Stone magazine at least claim that they have checked it, so that interview at least seems to be both relevant and genuine. (Though perhaps Mensch just forgot to take his medication that morning and said some inaccurate things... sorry.)

With this news my fear is that Jimmy has completely given up doing anything musically without Robert. It makes me sad that we haven't heard any album of new material out of Jimmy since 1998...that was 11 years ago chaps...

I'll hold out hope that Jimmy can come up with something this year....rather than gaze wistfully at a photo of Robert. :(

Jeff

Well, at least we can be sure that things he worked on in this period were not just important, but absolutely landmark releases - DVD and HTWWW.

There seems to be a lot of indecision at least in Jimmy since Robert made it clear he wouldn't be working with the others, and for my part I really, really hope he starts making music again. Of course he doesn't have to, and he has already left an incredible lifetime's work and a great legacy... but it's just what musicians DO. And he happens to be one of the very best around.

Erm...yes. Robert Plant is not interested and now the whole thing is off!

Why are people finding this difficult to understand???

I find it difficult to understand why great artists like Jimmy Page and Gillian Welch want to use the "Fuck if I know" Peter Mensch as their manager and why the BBC doesn't tell us when their goddamn interview was conducted. :huh:

Erm...yes. Robert Plant is not interested and now the whole thing is off!

Why are people finding this difficult to understand???

There's just too much hype. Look at the "new singer" thread which has 81 pages, then you'll know why it's so difficult.

And Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason, more or less they had fed the speculation machine themselves. The hope and expectation was built too high, and now it's suddenly said nothing.

first off , happy belated birthday to Jimmy Page ! I've been taking in the news and skimming through these forums for a while now and want to say some things. Now, to have a true feel for led zeppelin music and all its living members is to know that none of them will settle for crap. I am a musician myself and to me, if its not worth signing your name to then it shouldnt be played . I am sure Robert feels this way about a new led zeppelin making new music that he is comfortable with. The 3 people involved right now and especially the man at the helm of it , Mr. Jimmy Page , probably don't want to settle for a creed singer or too predictable aerosmith one to make the next round of music . I am of the opinion , and shoot it down if you will, that it would be better for the remaining 3 to do something more modern with different singers even Steven Tyler invited, Jack White , Beck ( yes Hansen ), Coverdale, Paul Rogers , and other talented musicians in song's revolving doors . I guess sorta like the concept of the Carlos Santana album without the sap. I am sure Jimmy and John Paul have considered this. It would bring new and vibrant songs to the showcase with the old crowd pleasers. I was really let down to have missed the 02 concert. I've seen plant and page play plenty of times and want to hear new material. so i am with Robert on this and wish he would just get involved and help them do it. I know that all of them can put something together worthy of everyone again .

Well, at least we can be sure that things he worked on in this period were not just important, but absolutely landmark releases - DVD and HTWWW.

There seems to be a lot of indecision at least in Jimmy since Robert made it clear he wouldn't be working with the others, and for my part I really, really hope he starts making music again. Of course he doesn't have to, and he has already left an incredible lifetime's work and a great legacy... but it's just what musicians DO. And he happens to be one of the very best around.

Absolutely - he's given so much, but I sure would love to see him out there again :)

Let this all simmer down. I don't think Jason Bonham would have left

foreigner if this didn't have some leg to stand on. Way too much and too many people making comments against the threesome putting something out. Way too much negative vibes lately. Take a step back and rethink the approach, rethink the direction and in a year or so we hopefully will be surprised. As Jason said back in August....it will be something.

the other vehicle that I haven't seen mentioned here is, if the threesome is now officially on hold.....can Jimmy now focus on an O2 project? that would probably be a 2010 release? tour off the momentum of that release? the 2 year comment Robert made in September about not touring would bring us to 2010? just some food for thought!

There is no reason why Led Zeppelin cannot put out simply live audio material that is not dependent on a film release. There are SO many missed opportunities not putting something out this year. No reason to give up on that happening at any other point as far as I am concerned. Film related releases can aways still be done such as the O2 reunion show. It is just that there is so much more live audio releases than film so it would be good to spread the relases out. There isn't going to be any spreading out if there are not any of these live audio releases in the meantime.

Let this all simmer down. I don't think Jason Bonham would have left

foreigner if this didn't have some leg to stand on. Way too much and too many people making comments against the threesome putting something out. Way too much negative vibes lately. Take a step back and rethink the approach, rethink the direction and in a year or so we hopefully will be surprised. As Jason said back in August....it will be something.

the other vehicle that I haven't seen mentioned here is, if the threesome is now officially on hold.....can Jimmy now focus on an O2 project? that would probably be a 2010 release? tour off the momentum of that release? the 2 year comment Robert made in September about not touring would bring us to 2010? just some food for thought!

That would be great if they decided to release the O2 footage on a DVD. Since it doesn't look like anything will be happening with the three J's right now, hopefully a DVD release will be given some thought.

There's just too much hype. Look at the "new singer" thread which has 81 pages, then you'll know why it's so difficult.

And Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason, more or less they had fed the speculation machine themselves. The hope and expectation was built too high, and now it's suddenly said nothing.

81 pages of sepculation by people on a forum. Which means zilch.

RP stated plainly that he wasnt interested.

And now JP's manager has clearly stated it's over.

Seems pretty clear to me.

81 pages of sepculation by people on a forum. Which means zilch.

RP stated plainly that he wasnt interested.

And now JP's manager has clearly stated it's over.

Seems pretty clear to me.

It's clear to me as well.

People are disappointed and find it diffuclt to accept, that's just it.

He's had 20+ years to make another Outrider. If he wanted to do that, he would have done it already.

I rather doubt he'd duplicate old work. I'll be looking forward to seeing what he has in mind for the future. For some reason I don't think he's just going to put the guitar away...He's going through his own renewal I believe. He'll figure it out...I'm sure.

I think that Led Zeppelin should do a massive global "FAREWELL TOUR," play the top 17 or 18 songs that THE FANS WANT TO HEAR for the last time and then properly retire LED ZEPPELIN permanantly. That would be the best thing to do career-wise.

Archived