Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

None of them have to perform as much of a physically demanding setlist as Jimmy would. Of course, Macca has to sing and play at the same time so that is demanding.

But if Jimmy decides to play something other than Zeppelin's music, he still has plenty of time and a better chance at persuading Plant into working with him again.

None of them have to perform as much of a physically demanding setlist as Jimmy would.

Bullshit. What is "physically demanding" about what Page does? I bet Page couldn't even keep up with Angus Young these days. It's not like he's been touring steadily since Zep broke up, whereas all the artists I mentioned have recorded and toured throughout their respective careers.. Hell, Page would become winded just trying to keep up with Keef these days. Either way, his age is no reason to throw in the towel. Then again it's not like he's been musically active since the demise of Zeppelin.

Jimmy himself has attested to the physical demands, saying that playing zep is like jumping headfirst into nettles. The message being that you don't do it half-assed (unless you're Robert playing 'reimagined' Zep-lite solo).

Having seen Plant on tour this past summer I wouldn't say he was doing anything "half-assed", much less the few Zeppelin songs he did.

I don't get the "Zeppelin" is no more thing myself especially since they've made a point of saying they weren't going to perform under that name anyway.

I also don't get how people think Page is too old to perform. Take a look around and you'll soon see that hasn't stopped Dylan, B.B. King, Chuck Berry, Willie Nelson, Van Morrison, Neil Young, Emmylou Harris, McCartney and lots of others from recording and touring.

He may have to sit down, at least one of your refered to artists do all the time now. Lots of RocknRollers don't like that.

Exactly. I think if Jimmy REALLY wants to make some sort of new music he will, regardless if the others are on board.

Age and back problems be damned ! Onward with the RocknRoll !!!

2d8n8xt.jpg

None of them have to perform as much of a physically demanding setlist as Jimmy would. Of course, Macca has to sing and play at the same time so that is demanding.

Jimmy himself has attested to the physical demands, saying that playing zep is like jumping headfirst into nettles. The message being that you don't do it half-assed (unless you're Robert playing 'reimagined' Zep-lite solo).

Is Robert already sitting down? You know, mellow music and all. I hope he's not about to slide off his stool only being "half-assed" on it. If he's only half cheeky he may slip. FULL THROTTLE AHEAD !!!!

Bullshit. What is "physically demanding" about what Page does?

Oh my aching back !!

2ueqkwm.jpg

I think I'll have a sit down, how about it ? Robert, how's it feel ?

33287ci.jpg

Well, Robert and I both need to sit for awhile, the back is delicate you know? I still wanna ROCK though !!! These other youngsters here have lots of stamina, even Bonzo would rather stand at his drums ! I can't for the life of me understand. :huh:

zxjn.jpg

Need I say more ?

Even the 2 hour set, like Pagey did in December of 2007 (O2 concert) was demanding....

(Not even considering the logistics of the rehearsals, meetings, press, photo sessions, travel, etc...)

There's more work than what goes on stage (that's for sure)...

:standup_bass::drumz::elvis2:

The "great ones" make it look effortless (and that's what Pagey has done for more than 50 years).... :)

R B)

Angus Young and Keef could dance circles around Jimmy Page. Nothing says he has to act like he's 22 again. If the others mentioned can still do it at their age, so can Jimmy Page. He's not as much of a wuss as so many of you are making him out to be. Seems like most of y'all would sooner see him in a nursing home than gracing a stage again all because you're so fucking selfish over your proposed "Led Zeppelin reunion" which was never supposed to happen anyway. The 02 show was it. Even Jones said they weren't going to perform as "Led Zeppelin", that the singer wouldn't be Plant soundalike and they would be recording new material to tour behind. Even if all of those things were to happen (and they all very well still could) you'd still be complaining about it.

Angus Young and Keef could dance circles around Jimmy Page. Nothing says he has to act like he's 22 again.

I bet Jimmy could climb palm trees better than ole Keefy boy. And Angus may dance around too, not having to act 22, but more like 9. That silly schoolboy suit makes him look foolish.

BTW, I am an AC/DC fan.

I bet Jimmy could climb palm trees better than ole Keefy boy. And Angus may dance around too, not having to act 22, but more like 9. That silly schoolboy suit makes him look foolish.

BTW, I am an AC/DC fan.

All of which has exactly what to do with Page not being able to perform live any more? I fully believe he can whether it be with Jones and Jason Bonham or not.

Jimmy Page is unique, and neither Angus Young nor Keith Richards can do what he does the way he does.

All of which is totally beside the point. I'm saying Page can mostly definitely still perform live at his age. Going by some of the people here, just because they didn't get their so called "Led Zeppelin reunion" (which wasn't supposed to happen anyway), Page should retire to a nursing home. It's either that or blame Robert Plant or Alison Krauss. Why not just accept the fact that the 02 was a one-off show just as it was advertised?

All of which is totally beside the point. I'm saying Page can mostly definitely still perform live at his age. Going by some of the people here, just because they didn't get their so called "Led Zeppelin reunion" (which wasn't supposed to happen anyway), Page should retire to a nursing home. It's either that or blame Robert Plant or Alison Krauss. Why not just accept the fact that the 02 was a one-off show just as it was advertised?

Actually the discussion is quite relevant. You keep bringing up the "reunion" bad blood and others are trying to show that it IS physically demanding and maybe Angus or Keith haven't had the same back problems as Jimmy.

Jimmy HAS had surgery right ? He can still perform, but there's SOME reason he hasn't. Is he hurting and not saying that in public ? Who knows ?

Time moves on and some musicians have more dexteroity than others and arthritis or many other things can strike without notice. We all just want Jimmy to jump on the ball, or sit on it if need be, we're not bashing him because of a failed reunion tour right now. We're talking about his performing health and issues pertaining to it.

You're the one sounding a bit nasty here. (the FUCKING selfish fans) > paraphrase of your previous post.

Actually the discussion is quite relevant. You keep bringing up the "reunion" bad blood and others are trying to show that it IS physically demanding and maybe Angus or Keith haven't had the same back problems as Jimmy.

Jimmy HAS had surgery right ? He can still perform, but there's SOME reason he hasn't. Is he hurting and not saying that in public ? Who knows ?

Time moves on and some musicians have more dexteroity than others and arthritis or many other things can strike without notice. We all just want Jimmy to jump on the ball, or sit on it if need be, we're not bashing him because of a failed reunion tour right now. We're talking about his performing health and issues pertaining to it.

You're the one sounding a bit nasty here. (the FUCKING selfish fans) > paraphrase of your previous post.

I get the impression from a lot of posts here that are either directed at Plant (or Krauss, or both) and now Page that there is a certain contingent of so-called Zeppelin "fans" that are most definitely selfish because they are not getting their Led Zeppelin reunion. One that was never even planned to start with. As far as Page's health, I haven't read anything about it in the press reports relating to no tour happening. My point is, if he wants to continue to perform there seems to be nothing holding him back. If he needs to perform sitting down, so be it. It's not like he hasn't had to do that before.

I get the impression from a lot of posts here that are either directed at Plant (or Krauss, or both) and now Page that there is a certain contingent of so-called Zeppelin "fans" that are most definitely selfish because they are not getting their Led Zeppelin reunion. One that was never even planned to start with. As far as Page's health, I haven't read anything about it in the press reports relating to no tour happening. My point is, if he wants to continue to perform there seems to be nothing holding him back. If he needs to perform sitting down, so be it. It's not like he hasn't had to do that before.

That "selfish" streak goes both ways. Fans want a tour, some musicians don't. They're only thinking of what THEY want. Fans want/musician's want

Everyone looks out for themselves, it's all equal.

He has had multiple surgeries but that is not what is keeping him offstage. Jimmy simply

has neither the inclination nor the motivation to maintain a proper solo career. If Robert

had returned to the Zep fold there's little doubt they'd have attempted a massive tour.

As it is, it's another long winter's nap on the couch.

Angus Young and Keef could dance circles around Jimmy Page. Nothing says he has to act like he's 22 again. If the others mentioned can still do it at their age, so can Jimmy Page. He's not as much of a wuss as so many of you are making him out to be. Seems like most of y'all would sooner see him in a nursing home than gracing a stage again all because you're so fucking selfish over your proposed "Led Zeppelin reunion" which was never supposed to happen anyway. The 02 show was it. Even Jones said they weren't going to perform as "Led Zeppelin", that the singer wouldn't be Plant soundalike and they would be recording new material to tour behind. Even if all of those things were to happen (and they all very well still could) you'd still be complaining about it.

I share your opinion. Jimmy is a little bit to lazy.

Why must they kill all their plans??? Why do they first give their fans hope an than put all plans down???? I can't understand that. All the other guys in Jimmys age are still on stage and performing. But I think that all hope is gone now. Sadly :unsure:

QUOTE (punksandwich @ Jan 14 2009, 05:44 PM)

He has had multiple surgeries but that is not what is keeping him offstage. Jimmy simply

has neither the inclination nor the motivation to maintain a proper solo career. If Robert

had returned to the Zep fold there's little doubt they'd have attempted a massive tour.

As it is, it's another long winter's nap on the couch.

--------------------

So it's gone from a " return to a the guitar " to a " return to the sofa?" in your eyes.

From 1980 to 1989 Jeff Beck barely played live other than the short tour for ARMS in 1983. Les Paul didn't perform for close to ten years at one point. They're still monster players and no one was screaming about them being lazy and devoid of creativity.

I'm actually starting to enjoy it that Page is pissing off so many supposed fans.

So it's gone from a " return to a the guitar " to a " return to the sofa?" in your eyes.

From 1980 to 1989 Jeff Beck barely played live other than the short tour for ARMS in 1983. Les Paul didn't perform for close to ten years at one point. They're still monster players and no one was screaming about them being lazy and devoid of creativity.

I'm actually starting to enjoy it that Page is pissing off so many supposed fans.

Apples to oranges. Jeff Beck's commitment to live playing has been sporadic at best

since he began. Les Paul's playing has been limited to weekly residencies near his

home -- he's not exactly "touring". Jimmy was mounting up full-scale tours up until

2000, when he effectively entered semi-retirement as a musician.

So it is a return to the sofa. Without a reunited Led Zeppelin he goes into hibernation.

I myself take no joy in this pissing off fans, but personally it doesn't bother me 'cause

it's exactly what I expected should Robert not return to the fold. No Zep, no Jimmy.

Apples to oranges. Jeff Beck's commitment to live playing has been sporadic at best

since he began. Les Paul's playing has been limited to weekly residencies near his

home -- he's not exactly "touring". Jimmy was mounting up full-scale tours up until

2000, when he effectively entered semi-retirement as a musician.

So it is a return to the sofa. Without a reunited Led Zeppelin he goes into hibernation.

I myself take no joy in this pissing off fans, but personally it doesn't bother me 'cause

it's exactly what I expected should Robert not return to the fold. No Zep, no Jimmy.

Having seen the opening show in 2000 with the Black Crowes, Page's performance was slamming. Whether it's health- related, domestic driven or whatever your guess may be, Jimmy's showed no desire or need to clarify his lack of output since that tour with the Crowes.

It might not make sense to many but that's Jimmy's choice. I'm grateful to have seen and heard him when I did.

Even if he isn't working on an official project, wouldn't you think he plays when he's at home? :unsure: Maybe he does and that's enough for him right now.

Ed. to add that this old people/doddering around talk is a real bummer...

The rain was pouring down in buckets that night. After the gig he, the Robinson brothers and Kate Hudson went to Narcisse. Jimmy said it was an emotional show.

The rain was coming in sheets sideways and pelting Page as he played his heart out. It was an extremely muscular show and Jimmy's chops were amazing. Ten times better than the live c.d. he had just put out with the Crowes.

The rain was coming in sheets sideways and pelting Page as he played his heart out. It was an extremely muscular show and Jimmy's chops were amazing. Ten times better than the live c.d. he had just put out with the Crowes.

I saw the shows at Roseland and obviously I have Live at the Greek. I also saw three more shows the following summer and I agree with your assesment; Jimmy was much, much better the following summer. Probably the best I've ever heard him, and I've never been disappointed by him in a live setting.

Having seen the opening show in 2000 with the Black Crowes, Page's performance was slamming. Whether it's health- related, domestic driven or whatever your guess may be, Jimmy's showed no desire or need to clarify his lack of output since that tour with the Crowes. It might not make sense to many but that's Jimmy's choice. I'm grateful to have seen and heard him when I did.

Seems like every time he's interviewed, he's telling us about the many projects he has in the wings just waiting to go, for which we feverishly wait, and nothing appears. And I'm not talking about any projects that might or might not include RP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the ones feverishly waiting.

Seems like every time he's interviewed, he's telling us about the many projects he has in the wings just waiting to go, for which we feverishly wait, and nothing appears. And I'm not talking about any projects that might or might not include RP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the ones feverishly waiting.

I've mentioned before that it's a famous Page interview technique-" The solo album is 2/3rds finished." He's been using it for years.

Archived