Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

By 2010, not sure if they will be around.

Here's my 2 cents on this whole tour idea and suggestions:

1. Fire his manager - 3Js need new blood

2. Hire a go getter person, works independently, knows what Jimmy wants and needs to get this tour going - some to step in, do the footwork, find the venues, and TAKE ACTION

3. Hire a producer to produce his new album - I recommend Todd Rundgren since he just released a new album and has worked with Grand Funk Railroad in the past - someone with extensive experience

4. Adapt a new band name

5. Promote new band, new name and even post new music on Utube for fans preview and vote on which songs they like and dislike.

Post tour:

1. Needs to write his memoirs

I just some of Jimmy's home work for him. This wasn't so hard to do. Now its up to Jimmy to take the first baby steps to get things done. :D

Although I'd hoped for a different outcome, I have tremendous respect for them for not moving forward if things didn't feel right or weren't meeting their standards. This way there's no question that Led Zeppelin went out on a spectacular note. Very best wishes to each band member in their future endeavors!

maybe Jones and Bonham could team up with Coverdale and Slash, I'd be willing to call that Zeppelin

they coud call it the coffee shop world tour and only do small intamate venues. Actually now that I think about it I want to hear Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart, Phill Collins and Geddy lee, that is my dream Zeppelin line up. I'm in a bad mood sorry for ranting

This doesn't make sense. Why would his manager say they will be touring and recording, then immediately say they won't? I haven't even heard of Music Radar and something seems fishy. I'd rather go with MTV news, which seems legitimate to me.

Peter Mensch would have had all of these quotes removed imnmediately if they weren't legitimate. There is NOTHING to suggest he didn't say these things, but an obvious confusion re their timing.

This doesn't make sense. Why would his manager say they will be touring and recording, then immediately say they won't? I haven't even heard of Music Radar and something seems fishy. I'd rather go with MTV news, which seems legitimate to me.

So I'd post this link again. It's probably the answer to your question.

please read this

I haven't heard of Music Radar before either, and have considered BBC (MTV's source) a reasonably reliable media house, but if you go to the BBC 6 Music site, you'll see that they have made some serious mistake. Either they have posted a year old Zep news as if it was relevant now, or they have given a new news item a wrong date (7. January. 2008). Then again, it beats me why Mensch would have chosen Music Radar out of all possibilities to correct the misunderstandings.

I haven't heard of Music Radar before either, and have considered BBC (MTV's source) a reasonably reliable media house, but if you go to the BBC 6 Music site, you'll see that they have made some serious mistake. Either they have posted a year old Zep news as if it was relevant now, or they have given a new news item a wrong date (7. January. 2008).

Then again, it beats me why Mensch would have chosen Music Radar out of all possibilities to correct the misunderstandings.

According to the article "MusicRadar vs the BBC" it was a journalist from Music Rader that actualy got in contact with Mensh to find out what was going on because of the wrong date given.

According to the article "MusicRadar vs the BBC" it was a journalist from Music Rader that actualy got in contact with Mensh to find out what was going on because of the wrong date given.

Only MusicRadar bothered to contact him? :rolleyes: And I'd think that Jimmy Page's manager can make phone calls and arrange things himself as well.

I believe this is over too, but still it's fishy.

Only MusicRadar bothered to contact him? :rolleyes:And I'd think that Jimmy Page's manager can make phone calls and arrange things himself as well.

I believe this is over too, but still it's fishy.

True, but there was nothing inaccurate about what was reported--it was just that nobody (except apparently MusicRadar) noticed that the BBC was quoting an old interview.

True, but there was nothing inaccurate about what was reported--it was just that nobody (except apparently MusicRadar) noticed that the BBC was quoting an old interview.

Yes, technically, but if Page's plans have crashed and media is reporting the opposite right before Jimmy's 65'th birthday, I'd consider that a small crisis.

ok. so the first report was a year old. i get it.

why, oh why isn't there a statement on here???

do jimmy and jonesy know about this site? does his manager?

i am one of the die-hard-never-give-up-hope-fans, and i am more than a little peed-off that nobody ( jp., jpj ) can seemingly spare the time to make a few statements on this forum, or elsewhere. after all, mensch isn't jonesys manager.

i can't believe the reason that it's over, is that they can't find a singer......... there are many, many great vocalists out there. pretty sure a great majority of them would love to work with the 3 Js.

if they want to retire, that's fine, of course they should do whatever they want. i am not one of those that think they owe us ANYTHING.

just stop stringing us along. a press conference is needed. ASAP.

I'm not impressed with the job Page's manager has displayed in these statements. I thought a manager was supposed to encourage, support and make things happen for their artist. I don't believe you would have heard the statement '"The fuck if I know!" from Peter Grant in regards to promoting Jimmy Page. As long as Page has apparently ditched this project he might as well fire his shoddy management team.

I'm not impressed with the job Page's manager has displayed in these statements. I thought a manager was supposed to encourage, support and make things happen for their artist. I don't believe you would have heard the statement '"The fuck if I know!" from Peter Grant in regards to promoting Jimmy Page. As long as Page has apparently ditched this project he might as well fire his shoddy management team.

agree totally! what a dumb statement from a manager. he might as well say " don't believe my previous statement, cos i have no idea what my client is doing". jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez !!

I don't believe you would have heard the statement '"The fuck if I know!" from Peter Grant in regards to promoting Jimmy Page.

If Peter Grant were alive and well today, Led Zeppelin would be touring with Robert Plant.

Archived