Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

Really Chicago, the negotiations between 4 different managers and all that that show entailed were some or the most complex in the music business.

Mensch could get Jimmy virtually any work he wants.

It's what he wants that is the issue.

Doesn't look like Mensch can get Robert this time, that's what it all boils down to.

Really Chicago, the negotiations between 4 different managers and all that that show entailed were some or the most complex in the music business.

PS - I love this thread. Its great to see someone other than Robert getting blamed for Jimmy's inactivity.

'Night folks

*Oops meant to edit my post, not quote it- sorry*

And it's not Mensch's role to present different playing scenarios to Jimmy? Isn't that how Robert and Alison teamed up? Otherwise why have a manager.

And it's not Mensch's role to present different playing scenarios to Jimmy? Isn't that how Robert and Alison teamed up? Otherwise why have a manager.

As I understand it, someone Robert knows suggested he do something with Alison, not his manager (mind you I could be wrong!).

No, it isn't.

I don't see a managers job as telling an artist what direction they should go in - and I don't believe that Jimmy does either.

As I said I am no fan of Mensch but I cannot in all honesty see a single thing that he has done wrong from what we are reading. Jimmy apparently has no plans - why in the hell isn't that HIS fault?

How do we KNOW how many different scenarios Mensch has presented to Jimmy? It is absurd to blame him now.

No, it isn't.

I don't see a managers job as telling an artist what direction they should go in - and I don't believe that Jimmy does either.

As I said I am no fan of Mensch but I cannot in all honesty see a single thing that he has done wrong from what we are reading. Jimmy apparently has no plans - why in the hell isn't that HIS fault?

How do we KNOW how many different scenarios Mensch has presented to Jimmy? It is absurd to blame him now.

Nobody's blaming anybody for anything. I think the tone of his manager's statement was dismissive and he seems to have a disconnect with Page.

If it didn't work out with the others so be it. Some of the best shows I've seen Page put on were without the other Zeppelin members. I'm fine with that.

No, it isn't.

i dont see that as a mangers role, either.

i don't see it as mensch's fault that the project isn't happening, just don't understand his statements.

i really don't think jimmy needs a manager to get him work. rather, he probably spends most of his days sending out letters that read " sorry, my client isn't interested in your proposal at this time.........." :rolleyes:

I would not be surprised if -led zeppelin popped up at a festival, or opening up for a band somewhere in 09, or10. I'd think they would pop up like that and play here and there before actually being back together as a band and maybe putting out an album. Or, just playing a bit live here and there and not ever put out any new material. If i get to see them from bad seats as led zep, or a live experience at a small club, solo, then it's cool.

As I understand it, someone Robert knows suggested he do something with Alison, not his manager (mind you I could be wrong!).

I thought he called her up one night out of the blue and suggested they work together? I thought it was all his idea, but I could be wrong.

ok. so the first report was a year old. i get it.

What's really weird is that this BBC interview was aired on 4th January 2009. Why would BBC keep an interview for such a long time?

Plus Mensch is talking about Steven Tyler being rumoured to be the singer, how could he have known that a year ago? :blink:

What's really weird is that this BBC interview was aired on 4th January 2009. Why would BBC keep an interview for such a long time?

Plus Mensch is talking about Steven Tyler being rumoured to be the singer, how could he have known that a year ago? :blink:

BBC put a wrong date to their news, and MusicRadar developed their own hoax from that? The strange thing for me though, is that BBC hasn't corrected their news to any direction whatsoever, they should either remove the article from music news section or change the date.

Ok, now I'm officially confused. :blink:

It's up to BBC to clear it.

Anyway, the "fxxk if I know" interview was from yesterday (or the day before? I've said I'm now confused.)

Looking through a box of cuttings last night, I was amused to read this "Letter of the Month" from Classic Rock's February 2001 issue. This bloke should start a crystal ball business.

pk441.jpg

Loving his Aum shirt. Anyone who can relate to the symbol can relate to being at peace with your past, present, and future. My birthday wish for our dear Jimmy is that he finds that same sense of peace within himself.

Aum Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

PS - I love this thread. Its great to see someone other than Robert getting blamed for Jimmy's inactivity.

'Night folks

*Oops meant to edit my post, not quote it- sorry*

Yes, it's a like a breathe of fresh air. And I agree.....it's a matter of what Jimmy wants to do and when he wants to do it...that if he wants to do anything at this time. B)

I thought he called her up one night out of the blue and suggested they work together? I thought it was all his idea, but I could be wrong.

He did call her up to discuss working together at some point but I believe the idea of it was suggested to him from someone else. Again, I could be wrong but I seem to recall he discussed that in some interview a while back.

Here we go again with (mis)interpretations, speculation, hearsay and reading between the lines......

So here's my two bob's worth.

I will believe it's "OVER" when an "OFFICIAL" statement is presented at a "LIVE" televised press conference by JP.

Someone mentioned that JP couldn't / wouldn't be able to perform without Robert because of the safety net factor or something along those lines.

IMO it is likely that he feels more comfortable with Robert as a co-writer and his onstage presence than anyone else.

Also if he did have issues with sobriety then Robert would be strong enough to help him resist any temptations.

It appears to me that the reason the other singers didn't work out was not because of their vocal ability but the lyrical component that Robert provides, required to compliment Jimmy and Jonesy's music.

The "AIRBOAT" has been in the hangar for awhile now and the rollercoaster that was Led Zeppelin has closed down.

Ross Halfin was in Sydney over New Years??

Jeff Beck is playing here in a couple of weeks with "SPECIAL GUESTS"?

scan0003pf8.jpg

Who could it / they be?

Coincidences?

But hey "the fuck if I know!"

Interview Yoda, did they?

Oh well back to the CD's and DVD's.

Nobody's being strung along here, except perhaps by certain sections of the media, and by the confusion over dates. Jimmy's manager has just said unequivocally that the JP/JPJ/JB project is over, dead, kaput, pushing up the daisies, etc. That IS the source. If there were tour dates in the works, Mensch would be handling them. He says there aren't any and never will be. (And he doesn't know what if anything we'll get instead. Let's just hope it's something.)

I fear that waiting for an announcement at a live televised press conference by Jimmy will mean waiting forever. They didn't even do that to announce the O2!

Great post -- I am along your lines: few postings, but enormous readings on the net and elsewhere. I too feel that the band tends to try to lead us astray. For Page's manager to speak about the tour with a new singer, then come out later and say everything is off makes me think that he "slipped up" somehow and was told to cover his tracks. There clearly is something afoot. This is similiar to Plant saying in June of 2007 that there wouldn't be enough doctors to support Led Zeppelin, then magically they were performing in December. Were they able to find enough doctors -- doubtful. Was Plant twisting the truth -- very probable. The way the press spins things and flip flops from day to day, it is difficult to believe anything that is printed. I still wouldn't count out Led Zeppelin or at worst, the three J's uniting to record a new album and/or tour.

Wow! I wish I shared your optimistic view of things, but sadly I don't. Led Zeppelin are over an dead. It took the DEATH of Ertegun to get them back on stage again. Let that sink in, the death of someone close to them to get them on stage. They didn't do it just for shits and giggles, it took a DEATH for them to get back on stage. The O2 was brilliant, but it didn't move Robert enough for him to take that leap that so many us wanted him to do. Sadly it appears Jimmy is only interested in playing Zeppelin music. The thought of him JPJ and Jason working together seemed promising, but all the negativity regarding the project sans Robert from the media and other artists ultimately doomed the project IMO. The three of them are so closely bound to Zeppelin by all, that going out under a new name with new material might seem legitimate to some, but many would have said it was Zeppelin without Robert. My guess is Jimmy at 65 didn't want to deal with that and nixed the project. Robert truly does hold all the cards, like he always has. Sadly, three of them can't even work together without the "Zeppelin" name hanging over their heads! They're done, it's over. Time to move on...

Nobody's being strung along here, except perhaps by certain sections of the media, and by the confusion over dates. Jimmy's manager has just said unequivocally that the JP/JPJ/JB project is over, dead, kaput, pushing up the daisies, etc. That IS the source. If there were tour dates in the works, Mensch would be handling them. He says there aren't any and never will be. (And he doesn't know what if anything we'll get instead. Let's just hope it's something.)

I fear that waiting for an announcement at a live televised press conference by Jimmy will mean waiting forever. They didn't even do that to announce the O2!

I won't be holding my breath!

FWIW O2 was a one off at the time, since then it's been will they or won't they and who with?

Frankly I've become bored with the whole damn thing.

If he wants to play he'll play with whomever he wants to.

If not thanks for the memories.

How do we know that the MusicRadar interview is real? Has Mensch given that same statement to any other media house? And what is MusicRadar anyway?

Just wondering.

How do we know that the MusicRadar interview is real? Has Mensch given that same statement to any other media house? And what is MusicRadar anyway?

Just wondering.

If the statement weren't accurate, Mensch would have said something to counter it immediately.

No, it isn't.

Agreed.

Mensch hasn't done anything wrong. He is just the messenger. Don't take it out on the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I think that these lyrics sum up how we should be accepting the message that he gave:

Let It Be.

When I find myself in times of trouble

Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom

Let it be.

And in my hour of darkness

She is standing right in front of me

Speaking words of Wisdom

Let it be.

Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, Let it be.

Whisper words of wisdom, Let it be.

And when the broken hearted people

Living in the world agree

There will be an answer

Let it be.

For though they may be parted

There is still a chance that they will see

There will be an answer

Let it be.

There will be an answer, Let it be.

And when the night is cloudy

There is still a light that shines on me

Shine until tomorrow

Let it be.

I wake up to the sound of music

Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom

Let it be.

Speaking words of wisdom, Let it be.

What happened to we want to play loud music again, and the positive vibe that was after the reunion gig? They can still do a new project without using the Led Zeppelin name. Right?

Im sure there is a lot of new ideas and material they could use

They can try, but sadly the three J's are so closely tied to Zeppelin that going out under a new name wouldn't work. People would call it Zeppelin sans Robert regardless. This is what doomed their project IMO, they didn't want to deal with all the B.S. IMO.

Archived