Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

They can try, but sadly the three J's are so closely tied to Zeppelin that going out under a new name wouldn't work. People would call it Zeppelin sans Robert regardless. This is what doomed their project IMO, they didn't want to deal with all the B.S. IMO.

Well, it shows how hard it was back then when Robert and Jimmy went out as P/P.

if jimmy and john paul want to "retire" from the music biz, then i am fine with that. it's their lives, and they should do as they please, as the rest of us all do.

but why did jonesy say ( and in person, i might add, not a miss-interpreted written account ) that he and jimmy still want to play loud music, with or without robert ?

i think it boils down to them not being able to find a singer that is not only capable, but who they felt a connection with.

i can understand that happening, but surely that doesn't mean they can't still do some recording?

i am with reggie, i will give up hope when jimmy and jonesy tell us. and i am talking about jimmy and jonesy doing SOMETHING. not the reformation of led zeppelin. and not the so called 3Js project. i still have hope that they have SOMETHING planned, and that i will get to see them play live just once before i die.

oh, i dunno. i guess i'm just so bummed, i really thought that 09 was going to be a great year for all of us ( in regards to hearing the new project).

to think Jimmy is ready to produce a new Zeppelin album if Robert would just show up kind of pisses me off. True freedom cuts both ways, Robert is free not doing Zep, or would he be more free doing Zep, whats the big deal about not doing it? He could probably cut the vxs in a week at a local studio, the tour would only have to be ten shows. Jimmy John Paul and Jason clearly are willing. Front men are such fucking prima- donas. three weeks out of his life to please his mates and 1 billion fans. and as for all the negotiations over the o2 show(whatever) is it really so hard to book a two hour gig. oh my god I need five doctors helping me backstage before i sing a few numbers. I am mad at robert, I'll get over it.......later

to think Jimmy is ready to produce a new Zeppelin album if Robert would just show up kind of pisses me off. True freedom cuts both ways, Robert is free not doing Zep, or would he be more free doing Zep, whats the big deal about not doing it? He could probably cut the vxs in a week at a local studio, the tour would only have to be ten shows. Jimmy John Paul and Jason clearly are willing. Front men are such fucking prima- donas. three weeks out of his life to please his mates and 1 billion fans. and as for all the negotiations over the o2 show(whatever) is it really so hard to book a two hour gig. oh my god I need five doctors helping me backstage before i sing a few numbers. I am mad at robert, I'll get over it.......later

What's the big deal - he doesn't want to do it - his life, his choice. I don't know why that makes him selfish or a prima donna. Robert is an artist that, as he has said, at this point in his life it has to move him or there is no point. So he follows what moves him. I'm not sure why this makes him a bad guy. Would you want to do something just because others want you to do and it's not what you choose? I doubt it.

As far as booking a gig, there's a lot more to it than just saying okay we'll play here on such and such a date.

I personally just want to see Jimmy get out there and play. I don't need it to be Zep (not that I mind if he does play Zep numbers live of course) - just something to see him where he belongs - on the stage.

but thats just it, he should want to do it for the fans,( the response to the 02 was pretty big) sometimes in life you do things that you don't really want to do but it makes other people happy. I can understand not wanting to ruin the legacy but they waited 30 years.

maybe there is a whole bunch of stuff behind the scenes , baggage and what not.

where the hell is evester?

I need therapy now

but thats just it, he should want to do it for the fans,( the response to the 02 was pretty big) sometimes in life you do things that you don't really want to do but it makes other people happy. I can understand not wanting to ruin the legacy but they waited 30 years.

By that argument, you could say Jimmy should get out and play because his fans want him to. They should do what moves them. Yes I very much want to see Jimmy out there playing again but if he chooses not to, I respect that (sad as it would be) and feel eternally grateful to have all the great music he's already bestowed upon us.

They can try, but sadly the three J's are so closely tied to Zeppelin that going out under a new name wouldn't work. People would call it Zeppelin sans Robert regardless. This is what doomed their project IMO, they didn't want to deal with all the B.S. IMO.

Your opinion is valid. They realized it just wasn't going to work. We were all hoping against hope, especially those of us who were too young or too poor to afford concert tickets in the 70's.

At least I've got the DVDs, and the CDs and the LPs and my obsession continues...

I don't know what to make of all of this. There seems to be a bit of conflicting information.

I was reading a few days ago online (forget the source) about "It Might Get Loud", playing at Sundance and that Jimmy, Jack White and The Edge are expected to attend. Maybe, Jimmy will clear some of this up there.

Does Sundance start on the 16th and run through the 24th?

IMHO, to say he's compiled some very loose ideas for new material is closer to truth. By his very own admission, he's simply not motivated to maintain any semblance of a "solo career" and disinterested in cultivating non-Zeppelin musical forays. I can't think of another guitarist so willing to forego new musical opportunities for the sake of being

forever beholden to their own fulfilled vision.

Coming off listening to the Complete Studio Recordings again (it is late Jan 9th here)I am euphoric,and more than a Little deaf! :D .I could not agree with you more,and wish to augment it rather than argue!.

Led Zeppelin was and is Jimmy Page's baby.It is his greatest and most important achievement, and he knows it.From reading the interviews over the years,it has struck me that he is very aware of our expectations,and at one time,not too long ago,tried to deliver them!.

He is like his fans,and believes that there is still some Led in his pencil.He understands that his most powerful music was made bouncing off John Paul,John and Robert.It is a long time now since he wanted to cure cancer,but hey,the most important thing became his music,Which I know for sure cured a whole swag of lesser ills.(in my own case,depression)

The reason that we are so bothered with them in 2009 is not that they influenced so many others,but because they arrived fully formed,like Athena from the head of Zeus.They didn't need to grow,I would be quite happy to listen to 12 albums all made in the style of their first.But they did change and grow,and so did our expectations with them.

And then,in the last 30 years they have become became the "prime movers' of our dreams.

I hate to bring up the subject of Chemistry again Steve,I know you don't believe in it,but it is true.

Do you really think our passion would be so high today if Terry Reid had excepted Jimmy's invitation?.

the 3Js project not going ahead is nobodys "fault" :unsure: .

why do people always want to blame someone? :angry:

Agreed Slave. Besides, I doubt there are too many people on the planet that could tell Jimmy what to do

Looking through a box of cuttings last night, I was amused to read this "Letter of the Month" from Classic Rock's February 2001 issue. This bloke should start a crystal ball business.

pk441.jpg

oh my gawd, what are you trying to do to me Knebby? that picture.....i'd never seen it before.....someone pass the smelling salts please

emo2sm.jpg

[...]

Jeff Beck is playing here in a couple of weeks with "SPECIAL GUESTS"?

scan0003pf8.jpg

Coincidence?

But hey "the fuck if I know!"

Oh well back to the CD's and DVD's.

Are you going to that concert Reggie?

oh my gawd, what are you trying to do to me Knebby? that picture.....i'd never seen it before.....someone pass the smelling salts please

emo2sm.jpg

Are you going to that concert Reggie?

Oh yeah!

That was my ticket.

Can't wait!

If they only have to play ten shows to please 1 billion fans then they'd have to find ten venues that have 100 million seats...

Anyway, Robert's carrying on with his career as planned; nothing stopping Jimmy & John doing their thing.

Archived