Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

I say, Jimmy go out on his own.

Like Dylan

Clapton

Winwood

Etc.

Just grab some fine backing musicians and do your own thing.

If BB King can still do it so can Jimmy. :superman:

Hell to the yes. I don't know if Pagey still has the sweet boyish voice as heard on "Thank You" but if Keith Richards and Bob Dylan can call themselves singers, then surely Jimmy should have no shame in sallying forth too.

Naturally, I am saddened that..for now..there seems to be nothing in the pipeline for this collaboration. I so wanted to see Jimmy back out there, on stage... it's been nearly 14 years since I saw Jimmy(&Robert)atSheffield. It feels like an age ago. And, of course, I was delighted to think that JPJ would be joining him... brillliant.

However, being a big fan of Jason's, I feel most disappointed for him. I bet he was so relishing the prospect of working/touring with 2 of his "uncles". What I wish now, if indeed they have thrown the towel in, is that Jason gets a decent gig that deserves and showcases his talents as a musician, vocalist and songwriter.

Naturally, I am saddened that..for now..there seems to be nothing in the pipeline for this collaboration. I so wanted to see Jimmy back out there, on stage... it's been nearly 14 years since I saw Jimmy(&Robert)atSheffield. It feels like an age ago. And, of course, I was delighted to think that JPJ would be joining him... brillliant.

However, being a big fan of Jason's, I feel most disappointed for him. I bet he was so relishing the prospect of working/touring with 2 of his "uncles". What I wish now, if indeed they have thrown the towel in, is that Jason gets a decent gig that deserves and showcases his talents as a musician, vocalist and songwriter.

Don't have a clue about the originator of this letter, but it says as well as I ever could ... keep on playing, Jimmy. Happy birthday!

http://www.jambands.com/Features/content_2009_01_09.00.phtml

Maybe Jason could recruit Jimmy and JPJ to join him in Mach 5 or something (his own project) down the road.... with Chas West... :D

I still haven't heard the fat lady sing yet (so it's not over for Jason, Jimmy and JPJ (at least separately or guesting on each others future individual projects)...

Happy 65th, JP!!! :)

R B)

Maybe Jason could recruit Jimmy and JPJ to join him in Mach 5 or something (his own project) down the road.... with Chas West... :D

I just hope whatever Jason does, he doesn't do anything else with that Supergroup crap. He looked so bored with it and oddly, he seemed more professional than Uncle Ted and Ted's been in the biz for like 109 years.

Jason is a fantastic drummer and I always get flamed for saying this but I don't think he's the best fit for Zep anyway. He's young and talented enough to start/leave his own legacy with another band IMO.

I just hope whatever Jason does, he doesn't do anything else with that Supergroup crap. He looked so bored with it and oddly, he seemed more professional than Uncle Ted and Ted's been in the biz for like 109 years.

Jason is a fantastic drummer and I always get flamed for saying this but I don't think he's the best fit for Zep anyway. He's young and talented enough to start/leave his own legacy with another band IMO.

Imo, Supergroup was dead and buried for Jason as soon as filming finished. Even though he did say in the last episode he wished it to carry on in whatever form it may take,in the end, it was he and Ted that were the ones that scuppered any continuation of SG.

I'm sure he would of been/will be?? a brilliant fit for Jimmy and JPJ, imo bonzo...although I will be equally chuffed if he did go off and make wonderful music elsewhere. He so deserves it :)

Oh well, I guess the The Jason Bonham Band reunion is a step closer then :lol:

Jason is reportedly at NAMM next week. Sadly, I am 5000 miles away, so won't be attending :P

If anyone here is going along, see if you can get any news from the horse's mouth! (although I think J will be a little more cautious now about letting any info slip) :D

Just PM'd you about NAMM.

Well, it shows how hard it was back then when Robert and Jimmy went out as P/P.

It's completely different this time with JPJ in the fold. Why do you think Robert didn't want JPJ involved in the P/P project? He knew everybody would be labeling it Zeppelin, this is the problem Jimmy is dealing with right now IMO.

Imo, Supergroup was dead and buried for Jason as soon as filming finished. Even though he did say in the last episode he wished it to carry on in whatever form it may take,in the end, it was he and Ted that were the ones that scuppered any continuation of SG.

I'm sure he would of been/will be?? a brilliant fit for Jimmy and JPJ, imo bonzo...although I will be equally chuffed if he did go off and make wonderful music elsewhere. He so deserves it :)

Yes. Supergroup was a joke. Jason will be successful with whatever he does, whether it's racing bikes, playing drums, singing, songwriting, etc...

I'm sure he has a ton of songs/song ideas just waiting to be recorded.

Hope Chas West gets to do some more work with him in the future, too.

R B)

It's completely different this time with JPJ in the fold. Why don't you think Robert didn't want JPJ involved in the P/P project? He knew everybody would be labeling it Zeppelin, this is the problem Jimmy is dealing with right now IMO.

Well, I didn't say it's the exactly same situation.

At that time a lot of people were holding the P/P project as kind of reunion of Zeppelin sans JPJ, the Zeppelin shadow was always in the way and some keep asking even to today why they didn't have him.

What I want to say is that there was a lot of pressure on Jimmy and Robert as well, but they kept the things going til they broke up.

It's completely different this time with JPJ in the fold. Why do you think Robert didn't want JPJ involved in the P/P project? He knew everybody would be labeling it Zeppelin, this is the problem Jimmy is dealing with right now IMO.

My understanding is that Robert AND Jimmy agreed it would just be the two of them working together.

I hate to bring up the subject of Chemistry again Steve, I know you don't believe in it, but it is true.

Actually, I have said all along the secret to Led Zeppelin's success is alchemical. However, John did die nearly 30 years ago so anything attempted since has at best

been just an approximation of the true original.

With this news my fear is that Jimmy has completely given up doing anything musically without Robert. It makes me sad that we haven't heard any album of new material out of Jimmy since 1998...that was 11 years ago chaps...

I'll hold out hope that Jimmy can come up with something this year....rather than gaze wistfully at a photo of Robert. :(

Jeff

My understanding is that Robert AND Jimmy agreed it would just be the two of them working together.

You are correct, but it's common knowledge that Jimmy is and always has been down for a more "complete" reunion than Robert has. My guess is Jimmy would have jumped at the chance to work with JPJ during the P/P project, Robert on the other hand, no. If you want to jam with Robert these days, it's going to be on his terms. Not saying that it's right or wrong, that's just how it is. With any "live" project that closely resembles Zeppelin which Robert is involved with, he will get his way.

You are correct, but it's common knowledge that Jimmy is and always has been down for a more "complete" reunion than Robert has. My guess is Jimmy would have jumped at the chance to work with JPJ during the P/P project, Robert on the other hand, no. If you want to jam with Robert these days, it's going to be on his terms. Not saying that it's right or wrong, that's just how it is. With any "live" project that closely resembles Zeppelin which Robert is involved with, he will get his way.

LONDON, Jan. 2 (UPI) -- Queen Elizabeth II has named singer Robert Plant a Commander of the Order of the British Empire.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2009...79751230911092/

Make way for the Leo man, who must be at center stage. Never tell him what to be, or he'll be at his worst. He is so likeable that it is almost impossible NOT to like him--warm, outgoing, fun, all the qualities you really enjoy in people. Kids love him too because, in many ways, he's really full of magic. He is a natural leader and attracts people like a magnet. Honest, with abundant energy and ambition, he has his "court" following, whom he shares with his mate. Once committed, he doesn't let go. He needs distinction and power to command well.

http://www.chartplanet.com/html/Leo.html

As a singer Robert probably wants to take care of his voice, and that kind of dictates what he will do regarding live shows. Jimmy and Jones can buy as many new instruments as they need along the way, but Percy's voice truly is irreplaceable.

Then about the bbc; they have chanced the date of their Mensch interview to 07 January 2009. Go figure...

I think Jeff Beck had some good advice for Jimmy Page back in 1989 during an interview.

Question:Jimmy Page was obviously someone who developed those songwriting chops; did you have a chance to hear his last album?

JB:The Outrider album, yeah. I was a bit bewildered that he would want to make a record like that. The disappointment from my angle is that I heard he was going to make a double instrumental album and that’s what I was looking for. To hear him play guitar, lead, in the same sort of boat I was in.

Archived