Today's quiz

JethroTull

But I do like the later Stones stuff also, mainly cuz of Keith. The best 45 ever released that I still have is Waiting On A Friend w/ side B being Little T&A. You couldn't have found any more 45's that fucking good, if there were any others. The only other good 45 like that was Ozzy's "Flyin High Again" with the live version of "I Don't Know" as the B side. But that Stones 45 still makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :wub:

Really? Can't say I was ever that huge of a fan of Waiting on A Friend. Certainly there's some much better singles out there than that like R.E.M.'s Radio Free Europe b/w Sitting Still for instance. Id love to own a copy of the original pressing on the Hibtone label but last I checked at Wuxtry Records in Athens, GA it was going for upwards of $600. I love me some R.E.M. but that's far too rich for my blood.

hibtone.gif

Radio Free Europe b/w Sitting Still (1st pressing on Hibtone label)

Now the way this thread was moving I was expecting to hear praise for Frampton Comes Alive. If you were around when that LP came out you MUST remember how monumental it was.

I do but I also remember how inescapable it was back then. Sorta like how Hootie and the Blowfish's Cracked Rearview was in the early 90s. It was every fucking where you turned: on the radio, on MTV, blaring out of every car on the street, every college dorm, etc. It seemed like everyone from toddlers to grandparents owned a copy. Then you have classic rock radio which has played cuts like Do You Feel Like We Do into the ground. Thank goodness I subscribed to satellite radio a few years back. They play Frampton but not the well worn cuts from Frampton Comes Alive!. In fact, it took me years before I could ever even listen to Frampton Comes Alive! again. When I did, it was the deluxe edition that finally broke the silence. It's well worth the investment if ever you feel the need to own a copy. There's also a concert from that same era that was recently released (although I don't own that yet).

237162e89da0dfc442875110._AA240_.L.jpg

1. Introduction / Something's Happening

2. Doobie Wah

3. Lines on My Face

4. Show Me the Way

5. It's a Plain Shame

6. Wind of Change

7. Just the Time of Year - (previously unreleased)

8. Penny For Your Thoughts

9. All I Want to Be (Is by Your Side)

10. Baby, I Love Your Way

11. I Wanna Go to the Sun

DISC 2

1. Nowhere's Too Far (For My Baby) - (previously unreleased)

2. I'll Give You Money

3. Do You Feel Like We Do

4. Shine On

5. White Sugar - (previously unreleased)

6. Jumpin' Jack Flash

7. Day's Dawning - (previously unreleased)

Alright. I don't like that "Frampton Comes Alive", but I do like his Humble Pie music and this solo album from 1973

Frampton

It has some of the studio recordings of what made 'Comes Alive' what it was. I DO like the music, I just really hated the hoopla and the sugary sweet songs like "Baby I love your way" and "Show me whatever it was".

That picture just made me puke to high heaven seeing it EVERYWHERE in 1976. BARF !!!

Just as a footnote to the original question on who turned down to replace Blackmore, in the early 90's when Blackers left again Joe Satrianni turned down joining Purple full time after filling his shoes for the rest of the Euro tour.

Archived