Craig Ferguson's Lore At Laughs

That's right..

I never watch his show because I don't particularly find him that appealing. He was good on "The Drew Carey Show" back in the 1990s but as a late night talk show host, I don't see it. Then again, Carson Daly has his own show which begs the question of actual talent anymore. So anyway, my cousin has been telling me how much funnier Ferguson is compared with Conan, who I usually watch if I'm up and around the tube. So, for a brief second last night, I switched to Ferguson on CBS. He was in the middle of telling a joke about Page, referring to him "Back in the 1970s having a love for Satan. What a douche!" My cousin, a die hard Zep Head, said he must have been making fun of the fact that Plant won't do a reunion or along those lines. I couldn't believe it, the one time I watch..5 seconds into it, he cracks on Page.

Just wanted to know if anyone else caught it?

That's right..

I never watch his show because I don't particularly find him that appealing. He was good on "The Drew Carey Show" back in the 1990s but as a late night talk show host, I don't see it. Then again, Carson Daly has his own show which begs the question of actual talent anymore. So anyway, my cousin has been telling me how much funnier Ferguson is compared with Conan, who I usually watch if I'm up and around the tube. So, for a brief second last night, I switched to Ferguson on CBS. He was in the middle of telling a joke about Page, referring to him "Back in the 1970s having a love for Satan. What a douche!" My cousin, a die hard Zep Head, said he must have been making fun of the fact that Plant won't do a reunion or along those lines. I couldn't believe it, the one time I watch..5 seconds into it, he cracks on Page.

Just wanted to know if anyone else caught it?

:huh:

Because there is such a connection between Satan and Robert.

:huh::huh:

The poster is making no correlation between Robert and Satan. It sounds like Ferguson was riffing on the news that Zeppelin isn't reforming and alluding that Plant has no interest in such a thing because of Page's involvement in the supernatural.

Maybe he's been reading Mick Wall's book which obsesses so much on Crowley that we end up knowing how many polyps were in his colon.

:huh:

Because there is such a connection between Satan and Robert.

:huh::huh:

I back handed him for that one because it was silly..almost as silly as me writing it in this thread where it has little importance to the subject of discussion, but as said, I'm assuming it was Ferguson talking about the tour.

We don't actually know what Ferguson said because BSB only caught part of it, so there doesn't seem much future in analyzing it. (And just to prove I have too much time on my hands, I googled it out of curiosity.)

Yeah, I googled it myself hoping to catch the full bit. I made the thread to clarify...

Thank god us in the UK dont get him, sounds like yet another gobby wannabe gobshite.

He's actually quite funny as well as having a really good rapport with his guests. I'd rather watch him than Letterman who I think at this point needs to retire. You should check him out before dismissing him.

I saw the whole thing and I was wondering if anyone would think it important enough to post about.Actually I was surprised that the whole opening monologue was about Robert Plant not wanting to tour with zeppelin(or something to that effect).He mentioned that Robert was a guest on his show and how polite he was-hardly the wildman from the 70's. It was all good really.He said in a nice way how he grew up on their music and a replacement would not be the same.Too bad you tuned in to the "satan" comment....it was the only attack really.The whole monologue was on the topic...very unusual. Maybe hard up for content perhaps,I donno.

Thank god us in the UK dont get him, sounds like yet another gobby wannabe gobshite.

He's Scottish, so I'm surprised you haven't seen him at some point. I actually like him quite a bit, and I admired him when he said he was going to stop making Britney Spears jokes when her situation had gone past being funny and was just sad.

Oh, I actually noticed this guy when I was looking at Youtube videos once. He introduced a fabulous performance by Duffy on his show. I thought he was a bit funny. MERCY

Duffy's great! I love her voice - and the cd is quite good.

He's Scottish, so I'm surprised you haven't seen him at some point. I actually like him quite a bit, and I admired him when he said he was going to stop making Britney Spears jokes when her situation had gone past being funny and was just sad.

That was really admirable what he did. He also did a really touching tribute to his father when he passed away as his opening monologue.

Conan used to be my fave until I was flipping through the channels during commercials and found Craig.

He is now my favorite and his humor is original and hillarious. Especially his stand-up work.

If he made a rude comment about Jimmy in a mean way that's one thing. But being his usual crazy self,

he probably meant for it to sound rude but just a joke. I didn't see it so I'm not aware of his dimeaner at the

time. (facial expresions and wierd little sayings). That gives him away totally. I'll look for it on the web.

Hope he wasn't really putting jimmy down......OR ELSE!!!!!!! :D

Just watched it. That was totally craig! He was talking a good deal about Zeppelin in a positive way. Throwing in a few jokes about Roberts age. Pretty funny. He didn't diss Jimmy. If he did than he dissed Robert when joking about his age.

You can watch the full episode if you want to see it for yourself and then decide.

Go to: The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson

The show to watch was on Jan. 07, 2009.

It's worth a watch.

Just watched it. That was totally craig! He was talking a good deal about Zeppelin in a positive way. Throwing in a few jokes about Roberts age. Pretty funny. He didn't diss Jimmy. If he did than he dissed Robert when joking about his age.

You can watch the full episode if you want to see it for yourself and then decide.

Go to: The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson

The show to watch was on Jan. 07, 2009.

It's worth a watch.

I have never found Craig to be mean spirited towards anyone. He pokes fun at things but there's not malice behind it. I find him a hoot!

Archived