Royal Albert Hall setlist

LEDMAN!!

Because all boot versions are from what was being prepared for official release in one way or another. And unless Jimmy was preparing it for official live release, it didn't appear on bootlegs.

yea that makes sense. The soundboard is an easy 10/10. I think if was going to be official, Jimmy didnt want word to get out of some new song not on an album. Just a guess.

Heartbreaker was left off because of the incomplete audio.. I guess the video could have been bad too, but the incomplete audio is proven.

Personally, I think it was the best Heartbreaker I've ever heard. Since it was so nearly complete, I think they should have pulled a TSRTS and faded out the music and added in to some sort of other scene till the next song (like backstage footage or something). They could have also done this during Organ Solo/Thank You to run with the same theme. Would've been cool to see for us "we want it all" type fanatics...

As for Live Aid, don't forget the lack of adequate drumming... (though it's funny we say inadequate when there was 2 drummers)

Lack of audio? :huh:

Everything I've ever heard/read on the subject has said that lack of video of "Heartbreaker" is the reason it wasn't included...much the same as why "How Many More Times?" fades-out on the Dankmarks Radio feature also on DVD - there wasn't an issue with the audio, but with the video, which eventually fades out...

I agree that the RAH "Heartbreaker" is one of the best I've heard, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's the very best. Your idea is intriguing...but when have they ever really tried to appeal to the diehard, "we want it all" fans? Not trying to criticize, but...

Also: Well, yeah, but there are very few (if any) drummers who can/could match Bonzo. I'd still say that Pagey's antics are what made them decide to leave the performance off of the Live Aid DVD.

Lack of audio? :huh:

Everything I've ever heard/read on the subject has said that lack of video of "Heartbreaker" is the reason it wasn't included...much the same as why "How Many More Times?" fades-out on the Dankmarks Radio feature also on DVD - there wasn't an issue with the audio, but with the video, which eventually fades out...

I agree that the RAH "Heartbreaker" is one of the best I've heard, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's the very best. Your idea is intriguing...but when have they ever really tried to appeal to the diehard, "we want it all" fans? Not trying to criticize, but...

Also: Well, yeah, but there are very few (if any) drummers who can/could match Bonzo. I'd still say that Pagey's antics are what made them decide to leave the performance off of the Live Aid DVD.

you have audio of heartbreaker?

Archived