Yet another "one hit wonder" thread...

Zepaholic

I thought of another great one hit wonder.....(sorry for double post /can't add to my ^^^ post now).

Anyhow, what a great song! As a kid, I found the lyrics a little scary and creepy. :o

Now of course, as an adult I find them brilliant. :) missy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8HNYcas47I

I think "Ode To Billy Joe" is such a great song because what actually happened is never revealed so it always maintains an air of mystery.

At least 2 more Seals and Crofts songs come to mind as "hits" - Diamond Girl and We May Never Pass This Way Again. The latter was our senior song in high school.

The above quote was a reply to another poster's comment that "Summer Breeze" was a one hit wonder. I was shocked because they had several top 10 hits in the early/mid seventies.

The correction I'd like to make with this post is to point out that among those hits, Summer Breeze was not their biggest hit.

Nope. That distinction goes to this classic song. Go ahead and try not to be humming along by the end. :) missy

Seals and Crofts biggest "One Hit Wonder"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjzngA6EjQ

"Darlin' if you want me to be closer to you, get closer to me......"

Thank-you! :) I now return you to the regular One Hit Wonders thread already in progress.

After scrolling through 19 (!) pages, I think I have two songs that haven't been mentioned yet.......

Once again, I am stuck in the Sixties/Seventies (not a bad place to be though........). :) Missy

What the.......is that the bass guitar I hear driving/pushing this song forward?

No need to withdraw your post.

No, I prefer to stay on topic.

I think most everyone here has posted what they thought was a "one hit wonder" only to realize that artist also had other hits.

In this case, though I was aware of both songs, I never had any idea that they were the same band. Still, they aren't a one hit wonder and therefore I withdraw my suggestion.

I will add these two:

Looks like I made a mistake.

When checking out You/Tube clips I discovered the song "Still the One" by Orleans.

Good song, but that makes them a two-hit wonder band (assuming they're aren't more songs I've overlooked!)

This is the one I missed.......by Orleans 2nd hit wonder (oops and sorry)

But,.....I thought of this one from the same time period to make up for my error!

Thanks for letting me clarify......:) missy

• 2 weeks later...

"The Bluestars" were a Garage Punk band from New Zealand who lasted about 2 years from 1965-1967. Their only real hit was the song "Social End Product". It apparently became a Garage Punk anthem so to speak! :D They did have other songs too but "Social End Product" is what made these guys famous not only across Auckland but in countries like the UK and Australia, as well! :D

Check this out! This song sure has a lot of attitude, if you ask me! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Jahfin, was that ^^^ a top 40 hit?! I don't remember it.

Well, here is another one hit wonder (pop classic!) that most will remember...if you're over 45 that is. :lol:

The lead singer has an unusally big guitar. Does anyone know what kind it is?

Jahfin, was that ^^^ a top 40 hit?! I don't remember it.

I don't know that it was a Top 40 hit but it was Tommy Keene's biggest hit. He's released other songs but none were as successful as "Places That Are Gone". BTW, that's the late Jay Bennett of Wilco on guitar.

Archived