Yet another "one hit wonder" thread...

Zepaholic

I don't recall that being huge in the States - just the other two mentioned above.

Nah. Run Run Away off Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply was a hit here in '83(?) but it was the least favorite of mine. I got their 4 CD Anthology. Looks like they had alot of hits in the UK/Europe.

Huge. Still is. Every year, it isn't Christmas until Noddy says it is!

Damn right! I say the same about Billy Squier's Xmas tune!

I play with a band each year that does rocked up Xmas songs and each year they cover different ones and we play benefit fund raisers for childrens' hospitals and Toys For Tots.

Anyway, I told them that the Slade tune MUST be done next year. We're working on a CD of Xmas covers and I'm pushing hard to get that one on.

This year we did What Child Is This(basically Greensleeves) and had David Ragsdale from the band Kansas play violin on it.

Damn right! I say the same about Billy Squier's Xmas tune!

I play with a band each year that does rocked up Xmas songs and each year they cover different ones and we play benefit fund raisers for childrens' hospitals and Toys For Tots.

Anyway, I told them that the Slade tune MUST be done next year. We're working on a CD of Xmas covers and I'm pushing hard to get that one on.

This year we did What Child Is This(basically Greensleeves) and had David Ragsdale from the band Kansas play violin on it.

Can we hear it somewhere?

Can we hear it somewhere?

Sure! Click on the MySpace link in my signature below and on my Friends List the band is called Yes Virginia. When you get to their page, it should start playing. If not, find it on the playlist.

The reason I give you my link is because there a few pics of us playing and each year we play I wear Bonzo's hat in case you wanna check that out. It's the only time I ever wear it. It is otherwise enshrined. LOL

lemme know what you think.

I don't really consider the Violent Femmes a one hit wonder as they definitely had other hit songs. I've only seen them live once when they performed at Woodstock '94, one of the few bands I've seen openly smoke dope on stage.

More or less a one hit wonder, IMO. Blister In The Sun is at least the song they are widely known for and no other of their song reached the same success what I know of. Have in mind, it can be different between Europe and USA too.

How about this one, must be a one hit wonder:

The Knack - My Sharona

Archived