Yet another "one hit wonder" thread...

Zepaholic

Some good ones Virginia! I liked Edie Brickell. Their second album was pretty good but I don't think they had any hits off it. Though I feel there was more than one released off the first album.

That song Wild Wild West - the video was rather odd and used to freak me out a bit :lol:

Some good ones Virginia! I liked Edie Brickell. Their second album was pretty good but I don't think they had any hits off it. Though I feel there was more than one released off the first album.

There were several songs off of their debut that got a fair amount of airplay but I'm not sure they ever charted as high as What I Am. Mama Help Me from their second record (Ghost of A Dog) also got some airplay but wasn't also wasn't as successful as What I Am. They regrouped recently for a new album called Stranger Things but in this day and age, I don't think anyone really noticed except for the dieheard fans.

That song Wild Wild West - the video was rather odd and used to freak me out a bit :lol:

I loved that song and the mirror trick was cool too. I had a surround sound system in my apartment and when I played that song and the gun went off with the ricochet sound, my dog would take off into the bedroom looking for where it went :lol:

I loved that song and the mirror trick was cool too. I had a surround sound system in my apartment and when I played that song and the gun went off with the ricochet sound, my dog would take off into the bedroom looking for where it went :lol:

:lol: I'm sure my dog would have done the same thing!

500 Miles is a fun song :) I'm getting some thoughts now on what to do with this $15 iTunes card I've had for almost a year (I'm an album/cd person, and I like to actually buy them in the store). But one hit wonders is definitely a thought; especially if the songs are good for jogging :)

That was my husband's favorite song when we were first dating :)

500 Miles is a fun song :) I'm getting some thoughts now on what to do with this $15 iTunes card I've had for almost a year (I'm an album/cd person, and I like to actually buy them in the store). But one hit wonders is definitely a thought; especially if the songs are good for jogging :)

Funny you should say that - so many of the songs people have posted here have made me think how cool it would be to have a compilation of them!

500 Miles is a fun song :)I'm getting some thoughts now on what to do with this $15 iTunes card I've had for almost a year (I'm an album/cd person, and I like to actually buy them in the store). But one hit wonders is definitely a thought; especially if the songs are good for jogging :)

Hmm? I have a $25 card I got with my debit card points, been trying to decide what to get. I have purchased a couple videos for my iPhone in the past. The one hit wonder thing might be a good Idea :D but there will be none of that jogging nonsense <_<:lol:

I didn't know the Proclaimers were one hit wonders! Their album was great, I suppose I just assumed they'd have had other hits . . . :(

That's the only song that ever got much notice here. I've not heard the rest of the album but I shall look into that!

That's the only song that ever got much notice here. I've not heard the rest of the album but I shall look into that!

I admit I did cheat a little with google :bagoverhead: , and they did come up as one hit wonders for that song.

I didn't know the Proclaimers were one hit wonders! Their album was great, I suppose I just assumed they'd have had other hits . . . :(

I like the "500 Miles" song. It reminds me of the Johnny Depp film Benny and Joon. It was on the soundtrack.

Hmm? I have a $25 card I got with my debit card points, been trying to decide what to get. I have purchased a couple videos for my iPhone in the past. The one hit wonder thing might be a good Idea :D but there will be none of that jogging nonsense <_<:lol:

:running: We have iTunes but also like listen.grooveshark.com, where you can listen to anything for free; you just can't download them. But it's great if you listen to music at the computer!

I like the "500 Miles" song. It reminds me of the Johnny Depp film Benny and Joon. It was on the soundtrack.

Stumbled onto that movie by accident one day and I couldn't stop watching, great movie! :)

...and I would walk 500 miles...

a3596468_std.jpg

The bikini and funny farm song are excellent!! I didn't know the funny farm song was banned. Talk about a song that has stood the test of time. :blink:

Sadly, yes it was banned shortly after release. Seems it struck a raw nerve with some, I guess. I thought it was brilliant and only reflected what it was like to be mentally ill at that time. The "ca-chunk ca-chunk" rhythm reminds me of the automatic dishwasher that came with the first house I bought many years ago. In fact, we used to chant the song along with it. Ah, fond memories, indeed. :)

This is a 90's song, which still is just as great as it was back then.. Can't remember I ever heard anything else by the band.

EDIT: it is a Neil Diamond cover, and he is hardly a one hit wonder.. :D

How about this one, I loved it back then, but today... I don't think so.. it's too 90's.

My brother was pretty into them at the time - he said the album was not bad at all but I think beyond that hit, I never heard much else. The lead singer (Linda Perry???) - wasn't she the one who was in Pink's video "Get the Party Started" and has produced some of her music?

Archived