Robert Plant Fanzine - Lemon Tree

One Symbol

I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment (to my new, plush country retreat - brag, brag), so I'm carefully packing up my Zep collection (CDs, DVDs, books, magazines, etc) and during the course of this I stumbled across an issue of the excellent Robert Plant fanzine, entitled "Lemon Tree".

Now I'm assuming (although I could be wrong) that this publication bit the dust a while back, as the last issue I have was one I picked up in a large London record shop some years ago.

I've got a real soft spot for fanzines - even though the speed at which news is transferred via the internet has made them a tad redundant. Still, it's always good to see well-written fan publications, with album/gig reviews and recollections of days gone by. We still have the excellent Tight But Loose, but there should be more Zep/Plant/Page/Jones-related fanzines IMO!

Does anyone have any further info regarding Lemon Tree or know if it is likely to resurface in the future? It was a good, fun read and I would love to seek out some of the back issues.

Cheers

Chris (One Symbol)

Does anyone have any further info regarding Lemon Tree or know if it is likely to resurface in the future? It was a good, fun read and I would love to seek out some of the back issues.

Chris (One Symbol)

Chris,

Liz Hames of Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England published The Lemon Tree, a Robert

Plant fanzine easily identifiable by the yellow & black covers. It only ran for nine issues:

May-94

Dec-94

Jun-95

Jun-96

Dec-96

Jul-97

Dec-97

Dec-98

Mar-01

I have documented nearly 50 different Led Zeppelin fanzines in my archive for a total

of 581 different issues. In my opinion, the golden era of Led Zeppelin fanzines runs from 1988 to 1992. The reformation of Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden sparked a renewed interest in the band, while the home pc revolution enabled zine editors to compile, publish and distribute their title on their own.

With the exception of two or three titles still in production, the onset of the internet brought about and end to fanzines. They simply could not compete with the real-time flow of information which the net provides. Even so, I look back at the days when the mailbox would deliver the latest news and reviews very fondly.

If you are interested in building a collection of more titles please contact me via PM.

Chris,

Liz Hames of Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England published The Lemon Tree, a Robert

Plant fanzine easily identifiable by the yellow & black covers. It only ran for nine issues:

If you are interested in building a collection of more titles please contact me via PM.

Thanks for the info, Steve. Will PM you later! :thumbsup:

Archived