Bands that really like or really dont like Zeppelin

LedZep1969

I know that some bands dont like zeppelin but a lot do. Oh and does AC/DC like Zep?

Dislikes: ?????

i once worked in the same printing factory as angus young and i remember a article in a music mag and he said he was at the sydney concert and he said they were nothing special. i always remember that comment and thought he as a guitarist isnt a bootlace as page.

Does it matter? If they don't like Zeppelin there is a 98% chance that their music blows anyways. Billy Idol? Gimme a break.

As an aside, members of Tool attribute Led Zeppelin as their #2 influence, behind King Crimson.

A great Aussie band, Wolfmother closed shows with Communication Breakdown. Also the best band since Led Zeppelin, THE WHITE STRIPES did a cover of IMTOD and there front man did a interview with Jimmy for a magazine a couple years back.

I remember the "dinosaur" thing being Billy Idol. Maybe it was more than one!

Hi 'bigzepfan'

As a "'bigzepfan' " myself I would think calling Led Zeppelin a "dinosaur" is apt and very appropriate, they were both Hugh, head and shoulders above all that were around them and both once Ruled the Planet, only difference is that the dinosaur's died out while Led Zeppelin are imortal.

As for punk, yuck, I would compare Led Zeppelin's music to a Renaissance Masterpiece while Punk would compare to a child's crayon painting, 4 chords = 4 colours.

Regards, Danny

Ritchie Blackmore has said that he doesn't care for Led Zeppelin. But that may just be professional jealousy! :)

Hi 'Zepsession'

Richie Blackmore also said that his inspiration for the musical rift for "Smoke on the Water" came to him after hearing "Whole Lotta Love". I remember reading and hearing this back in the 70s. Didnt they both play for "Neil Christian and the Crusaders" at one time and I think they both lived in Heston Middlesex for a time, although Richie was born in Weston Super Mare Somerset.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'Zepsession'

Richie Blackmore also said that his inspiration for the musical rift for "Smoke on the Water" came to him after hearing "Whole Lotta Love". I remember reading and hearing this back in the 70s. Didnt they both play for "Neil Christian and the Crusaders" at one time and I think they both lived in Heston Middlesex for a time, although Richie was born in Weston Super Mare Somerset.

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny,

That's interesting about the riff for Smoke On The Water being inspired by Whole Lotta Love. I personally think the Smoke riff is closer to Cream's Sunshine Of Your Love.

Here is a bit about Neil Christian's band from wikipedia:

Career

Neil Christian and the Crusaders are one of the British rock and roll bands of the 1960s. Fronted by their singer Christian, originally the band consisted of Elmer Twitch piano; Tornado Evans drums; Ritchie Blackmore guitar; and Bibi Blange bass. They were signed to the Strike record label.

In the early 1960s Jimmy Page was asked to join The Crusaders. Page toured with Christian for approximately two years, and later played on several of his records, including their November 1962 single, "The Road to Love".

Everything Christian released between 1962 and 1968 has been reissued on the CD compilation, That's Nice, which also added several unreleased recordings from the same era.

Session musicians used

Paul Brett, Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore, Nicky Hopkins, Albert Lee, Mick Abrahams and Carlo Little.

Hi 'bigzepfan'

As a "'bigzepfan' " myself I would think calling Led Zeppelin a "dinosaur" is apt and very appropriate, they were both Hugh, head and shoulders above all that were around them and both once Ruled the Planet, only difference is that the dinosaur's died out while Led Zeppelin are imortal.

As for punk, yuck, I would compare Led Zeppelin's music to a Renaissance Masterpiece while Punk would compare to a child's crayon painting, 4 chords = 4 colours.

Regards, Danny

Sadly though the remark about them being dinosaurs was not meant in kind as it was implying they were old and should disappear basically. But it was just their opinion and such so I don't get too bent out of shape over it. I actually love punk - it's simplistic but I like the energy of it.

A great Aussie band, Wolfmother closed shows with Communication Breakdown. Also the best band since Led Zeppelin, THE WHITE STRIPES did a cover of IMTOD and there front man did a interview with Jimmy for a magazine a couple years back.

Their frontman--Jack White--did a whole documentary with Jimmy. ;)

Which reminds me, I can't wait to see it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived