Noooooo!

ms_zeppelin94

I heard on the radio this evening that Jimmy has pulled the plug on the tour!! :boohoo: I almost had a panic attack in the car! :faint1:

According to the DJ, it "just didn't work out"

Has anyone else heard this? PLEASE tell me it's not true!

Still praying... :angel:

Dont blame Jimmy if its true. Blame Robert. I heard something of the sort in an email alert from yahoo. I get a new Zeppelin alert every damn day. And every damn day the story changes. If Plant can be convinced at some point, the tickets would be printed within hours.

Blame Robert? Please don't! I guess that if the guys began using the same manager, then things would change for the better.

Dont blame Jimmy if its true. Blame Robert. I heard something of the sort in an email alert from yahoo. I get a new Zeppelin alert every damn day. And every damn day the story changes. If Plant can be convinced at some point, the tickets would be printed within hours.

The O2 was only and always going to be a one off show.

Media speculation propelled by some wishful thinking on JP & JPJ's part about "reforming" and touring has blown everything out of proportion.

All of us on here have been caught up in it, just read the umpteen thousand posts on the many repeated threads that even blind Freddy could see it.

It's not Robert's fault if Jimmy doesn't want to play, he and JPJ have had ample time in the past and more recently to make and record new music.

By all accounts they have chosen not to pursue it any further, while Plant has moved on to what is best for him.

If all the reports are correct and it seems they are, then that's the end of it all.

Personally I would love all of them to get together again and do whatever, but it looks like it won't happen in the near future.

If it did happen at all (with Robert), it wouldn't be until at least 2011.

Until then we all need to just get over it.

Whatever happens, happens. It's out of our control. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I'd love to see it as I was too young to see Zeppelin in the day, but there is nothing I or anyone else on this forum can do to change it. If not, than so be it!

Media speculation propelled by some wishful thinking on JP & JPJ's part about "reforming" and touring has blown everything out of proportion.

All of us on here have been caught up in it, just read the umpteen thousand posts on the many repeated threads that even blind Freddy could see it.

It's not Robert's fault if Jimmy doesn't want to play, he and JPJ have had ample time in the past and more recently to make and record new music.

By all accounts they have chosen not to pursue it any further, while Plant has moved on to what is best for him.

If all the reports are correct and it seems they are, then that's the end of it all.

Personally I would love all of them to get together again and do whatever, but it looks like it won't happen in the near future.

This sums it up very nicely and will be greatly beneficial to my therapist at our next appointment when he is trying to make sense of my babbling and raving. Thanks, Reg

I had a feeling they wouldn't go through, near impossible to replace Robert Plant without stealing the singer from a Fan Band, but then it would be like trying to replace him with someone who sounds the same, which will end up in disaster.

Yeah, go on, blame Robert--it'll come as a complete surprise to him! I'm pretty shocked myself!

I had a feeling they wouldn't go through, near impossible to replace Robert Plant without stealing the singer from a Fan Band, but then it would be like trying to replace him with someone who sounds the same, which will end up in disaster.

They never intended to find a soundalike singer or to use the name Led Zeppelin. It's also worth noting that the report doesn't include a single quote from Jimmy Page. Instead, they're from Jimmy Page's manager, there's a huge difference.

BY which time Jimmy will be 67....

They never intended to find a soundalike singer or to use the name Led Zeppelin. It's also worth noting that the report doesn't include a single quote from Jimmy Page. Instead, they're from Jimmy Page's manager, there's a huge difference.

I thinks it's fait to say, if you are Jimmy Page's manager, you dont go around making statements without the say so of your boss.

You certailny dont make false statements.

And if you do, you'll be retracing them pretty damn quickly.

So, to me, Mensch's statement can be read as the whole truth, end of story, all over....

Dont blame Jimmy if its true. Blame Robert.

Yeah, go on! Because on the one hand, Robert is just a second-choice midlands loser who would never have got anywhere in the music business without Jimmy - and yet on the other, he manages to be responsible for Jimmy's career these days.

Don't blame Jimmy for anything - ever!

Yeah, go on! Because on the one hand, Robert is just a second-choice midlands loser who would never have got anywhere in the music business without Jimmy - and yet on the other, he manages to be responsible for Jimmy's career these days.

Don't blame Jimmy for anything - ever!

If that is how you feel it is your right to say so B) . I expect we'll see this item reposted many times in the future.

If that is how you feel it is your right to say so B) . I expect we'll see this item reposted many times in the future.

Oh please- be my guest, you pathetic loser.

I have bee reading what you wankers have been saying for months. #$%& you AND Led Zeppelin. If there was a concern for what you think there would be something more from these aged has-been mother ^&*%ers.

What do you think of that? PISS OFF!

FLIP FLOP- that's what we get every day with damn daily Zeppelin news alerts. I was so tired of these phony blips and blurbs, I cancelled mine with Google outright. No time wasters please, especially when all I've been reading lately is more about Robert's accolades than anyone elses. Yawn. :coffee:

You sound like you're lumping in Jimmy and JPJ with the fans as "wishful thinkers". While it's technically true that the O2 was a one-off, I don't think Jimmy and JPJ "invented" the feeling that it might go on beyond that. Even Robert stated publically that there was "unfinished business, definitely" (Uncut interview), and teasing that, "you never know what's around the corner," with a gleam in his eye when asked about Zeppelin at the Knicks game in NY last year.

I'm not in the "blame everything on Robert" camp, but let's not act like he didn't do anything to fan the flames. Coincidentally or not, a lot of this stuff was said when he was promoting Raising Sand.

You sound like you're lumping in Jimmy and JPJ with the fans as "wishful thinkers". While it's technically true that the O2 was a one-off, I don't think Jimmy and JPJ "invented" the feeling that it might go on beyond that. Even Robert stated publically that there was "unfinished business, definitely" (Uncut interview), and teasing that, "you never know what's around the corner," with a gleam in his eye when asked about Zeppelin at the Knicks game in NY last year.

I'm not in the "blame everything on Robert" camp, but let's not act like he didn't do anything to fan the flames. Coincidentally or not, a lot of this stuff was said when he was promoting Raising Sand.

Nothing has eventuated so what else would you call it?

The Ahmet tribute was only a one off show, technically or not.

I'm sure they were really keen to get something going after O2, preferably with, but even without Robert.

I don't understand all this misguided hostility or why people are blaming anyone for anything, full stop.

I agree telling the interviewer "you never know what's around the corner" was alluding to a possible return to the stage sometime in the future and perhaps gave us all some (false?) hope.

IMO it was just a throw away line in an attempt to put an end to the constant media speculation and nothing more.

Unfortunately it didn't have the desired effect, on the contrary it only added to the intrigue.

The "unfinished business" comment could mean that new music and a tour may still happen down the track.

Though somewhat remote I still hold out a little optimism that it will.

Age has no bearing their capabilities, providing they all retain their health.

Raising Sand was well in the works before O2 so the next step after that gig was to promote it live in concert.

Now there is a second album in progress nothing will alter until it's run it's course, then and only then will we know for sure whether Robert has a change of heart.

In the meantime what is stopping JP, JPJ and Jason from playing and touring?

Only their disinclination to do so.

I thinks it's fait to say, if you are Jimmy Page's manager, you dont go around making statements without the say so of your boss.

Like Col. Tom Parker? Page wasn't quoted once in that article. That's not to say there's no truth to it but nothing came straight from the horse's mouth. It also shouldn't sound the death knell on the future of Page's career with or without John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham. From some of the posts I've read here you would get the impression some fans think he should just go ahead and check into a nursing home. They're as full of shit as the ones that continue to blame Plant for Zeppelin not continuing when all along the O2 concert was clearly advertised as a one off concert. Get the fuck over yourselves already.

Archived