Noooooo!

ms_zeppelin94

Thanks. I'll try to have a listen.

Anyway he has joked about taking heart medicine before. B)

I'm sorry, just tried to find it myself, and failed. There is a link to the interview on Robert Plant's own site, but seems that Welsh Radio has taken the audio away, or stashed it somewhere else. :bagoverhead:

There is an edited video of this interview on You Tube, but it is a shortened version of the original tape.

Perhaps he also just discredited the Lee rumors (since those sort of rumors always fly around when people die unexpectedly), if he'd even heard them. It certainly wasn't what the autopsy said.

I don't remember him talking about Lee at all then, he just chatted about this and that, and finally about his own Christmas plans. The Valium part simply seemed odd to me at the time.

I don't remember him talking about Lee at all then, he just chatted about this and that, and finally about his own Christmas plans. The Valium part simply seemed odd to me at the time.

Oh I see. Well, in that case, I would imagine the idea of there being any connection would have been the furthest from his mind, rather than tactlessness on his part. (Especially as it sounds as if he was joking, and that often gets misunderstood.)

Heck, he was talking to RUTH JONES! A legend! :D

Oh I see. Well, in that case, I would imagine the idea of there being any connection would have been the furthest from his mind, rather than tactlessness on his part. (Especially as it sounds as if he was joking, and that often gets misunderstood.)

Heck, he was talking to RUTH JONES! A legend! :D

Yes, it absolutely was a lighthearted and funny interview, but at the time when I heard it I got an impression that something wasn't right.

And I think his real reason was that he didn't want to do it and had never intended to do it. As myledzep said, too many hopeful people read too much into offhand statements on occasions where he didn't want to make some dramatic statement that he wasn't planning on doing the reunion thing again.

Jimmy

Jonesy

oh and dont forget

Jason.... quiting forigener to jam while waiting for the end of

POUNDING SAND

:rolleyes:

Weren't they supposed to be doing a NEW project WITHOUT Robert Plant?

well if I were jimmy and I looked at the 1600+ negative posts in the topic "new singer for jimmy jpj and jason" I too would have pulled the plug.

Yeah, go on, blame Robert--it'll come as a complete surprise to him! I'm pretty shocked myself!

I was too!! There has always been rumors, but that was the first "offical" thing I've personally heard.

Oh by the way- I AM NOT blaming anyone for anything! When I said that Jimmy pulled the plug, I was quoteing the DJ. I don't blame Robert either.

I think being Rock Gods comes with the right to do whatever the hell you want :D

well if I were jimmy and I looked at the 1600+ negative posts in the topic "new singer for jimmy jpj and jason" I too would have pulled the plug.

The "negative" posts you mentioned in that topic were mostly about "without Robert it's not Zeppelin, there is no replacement for him", they were not anti a new project which would bring fresh music.

And haven't you seen the whole eagerness in the 1600+ posts to see Jimmy play again? The most posts there were absolutely FOR it.

And oh, follow you logic, if you were Robert and you looked at the I-can-count-how-many posts calling you all kinds of names, would you have wanted to do it?

if you were Robert and you looked at the I-can-count-how-many posts calling you all kinds of names, would you have wanted to do it?

Personally, I don't think Plant gives two fucks what anyone thinks. And this point in his life, he's earned the right to do what makes him happy.

The "negative" posts you mentioned in that topic were mostly about "without Robert it's not Zeppelin, there is no replacement for him", they were not anti a new project which would bring fresh music.

And haven't you seen the whole eagerness in the 1600+ posts to see Jimmy play again? The most posts there were absolutely FOR it.

And oh, follow you logic, if you were Robert and you looked at the I-can-count-how-many posts calling you all kinds of names, would you have wanted to do it?

Exactly - I don't there's anyone here who isn't hoping to see Jimmy on stage again in some form.

Personally, I don't think Plant gives two fucks what anyone thinks. And this point in his life, he's earned the right to do what makes him happy.

I don't think so, either.

Just like I don't think Jimmy was stopped by the 1600+ posts, either.

They can do what they want, that's the point!

Even Robert stated publically that there was "unfinished business, definitely" (Uncut interview), and teasing that, "you never know what's around the corner," with a gleam in his eye when asked about Zeppelin at the Knicks game in NY last year.

I'm not in the "blame everything on Robert" camp, but let's not act like he didn't do anything to fan the flames. Coincidentally or not, a lot of this stuff was said when he was promoting Raising Sand.

And coincidentally he played with the Zeppelin at Live Aid in 1985 when he was on tour promoting Shaken and Stirred, he played with the Zeppelin at the Atlantic Show when he was promoting Now And Zen, he played with Jimmy at Knebworth in 1990 when he was promoting Manic Nirvana.

Just coincidentally !!!

Actually it was the other way around.

And coincidentally he played with the Zeppelin at Live Aid in 1985 when he was on tour promoting Shaken and Stirred, he played with the Zeppelin at the Atlantic Show when he was promoting Now And Zen, he played with Jimmy at Knebworth in 1990 when he was promoting Manic Nirvana.

Just coincidentally !!!

So he got Bob Geldof to schedule Live Aid, and talked all those other bands into playing at it, at the EXACT MOMENT when he was promoting an album, due to having an active career (a point which didn't apply to a single other act on the bill)? The man's cunning is fiendish! He probably rushed Now and Zen out to coincide with Atlantic Records' anniversary, and got himself invited to perform at Knebworth at a time when he had an album to promote, due to having an active career, solely so that he could invite Jimmy to perform with him and then say :sarcastic_hand: . What a bastard!

Man, and we though it was Jimmy who was in league with Satan--jeez . . .

So he got Bob Geldof to schedule Live Aid, and talked all those other bands into playing at it, at the EXACT MOMENT when he was promoting an album, due to having an active career (a point which didn't apply to a single other act on the bill)? The man's cunning is fiendish! He probably rushed Now and Zen out to coincide with Atlantic Records' anniversary, and got himself invited to perform at Knebworth at a time when he had an album to promote, due to having an active career, solely so that he could invite Jimmy to perform with him and then say :sarcastic_hand: . What a bastard!

Man, and we though it was Jimmy who was in league with Satan--jeez . . .

Amazing he's got such powers. No wonder they call him the Golden God :blink:

B)

Then he needs to fix our crap weather. We are freezing down here. :lol:

Weren't they supposed to start recording the 13th or that proximity ? If so, he took that weather to Nashville with him then.

Maybe if he rubs Alison enough, it'll cause a flame, just like rubbing two sticks together. It might even get twice as warm if he were to do FOUR STICKS. That's a good number. :D

Weren't they supposed to start recording the 13th or that proximity ? If so, he took that weather to Nashville with him then.

Maybe if he rubs Alison enough, it'll cause a flame, just like rubbing two sticks together. It might even get twice as warm if he were to do FOUR STICKS. That's a good number. :D

I knew this arctic front had to be Robert's fault :freezing:

Archived