Noooooo!

ms_zeppelin94

He could fix that though with the technique I described.

From the land of the ice and snow, Valhalla I am COMING !!!!!

Now tell me, don't you think that'd warm it up ? He and Alison could also sing Hootchie Cootchie Man. B)

I cannot speculate on that. If you think so........

It seems like not too long ago Jimmy and Jonesy where filled full of optimism and getting on good with Bonham.

Obviously they wanted Robert, but I think they could have easily gotten a new guy to create a fulfilling alternate project.

What could have killed these plans?

From all accounts that I've heard reported is that this Raising Sand II project is a short lived thing that would be wrapped up by the end of summer.

What's the one thing that would shut down the plans of J J & J with a new singer? A promise from Robert that he would revisit the idea.

Robert has been a smart business guy in his solo career. When things loose momentum he bails before it becomes absurd. Likewise, when thing are riding high he sticks with it.

Raising Sand has has been his biggest success since No Quarter. It's been his biggest commercial success without members of Zeppelin along for the ride since Now and Zen (20 years ago). And in a lot of ways his most successful critical aclaim ever (if grammy awards account for anything).

It's no wonder he chose not to do a reunion. He can get back together with Zep any old time. A reunion would be an automatic peak. He has to ride the peaks and valleys of his own career a lot more carefully however.

What's the one thing that would shut down the plans of J J & J with a new singer? A promise from Robert that he would revisit the idea.

Remember what Robert said just before Christmas.

I still see Jimmy quite a lot and he’s very complimentary and supportive of what I’m doing, but we are in different places now and you have to go on to do different things.

Remember what Robert said just before Christmas.

I think they are almost in the same place regarding song writing; intense pressure and high standards. A huge part of Jimmy's reputation is based on his compositions, and Plant's song writing peaked on Mighty ReArranger. Yet the current situation is that Jimmy hasn't released new material in a while, and Robert chooses to sing beautiful music that aready has been performed by other artists.

Now, I have some confidence that Robert at least will one day write original material again, and when he starts working on it he just might reconsider working with Page and Jones.

I think it is sad that some people are so upset with Robert Plant and would use such unpleasant language to describe him. Robert Plant is a great vocalist. I guess some people have uncontrollable anger issues.

Wooooooooooooooooooooosh its over the head.

Sorry, the photo didn't show, but BRSPLED knows what I'm talking about!

Yes, I know. :lol:

It's from his solo concert in Rio, back in 1994. He looked soooooooooooooooooooooooo good back then.... :wub:

Sorry, off-topic. :slapface:;)

So he got Bob Geldof to schedule Live Aid, and talked all those other bands into playing at it, at the EXACT MOMENT when he was promoting an album, due to having an active career (a point which didn't apply to a single other act on the bill)? The man's cunning is fiendish! He probably rushed Now and Zen out to coincide with Atlantic Records' anniversary, and got himself invited to perform at Knebworth at a time when he had an album to promote, due to having an active career, solely so that he could invite Jimmy to perform with him and then say :sarcastic_hand: . What a bastard!

Man, and we though it was Jimmy who was in league with Satan--jeez . . .

Oh come on...you know exactly what I mean !

He never refused a reunion when a reunion could be a good vehicle for some more promotion and attention from the media and the fans, he jumped at the chances he was offered at the right time, for sure he is a very clever business man ! Honestly I think that the collaboration with Krauss is a smart (and succesfull) commercial move, don't tell me that with Krauss he is exploring new territories, it's just well crafted pop-country music !!! Why he should leave this collaboration that allowed him to sell millions of records and then go to play with a bunch of old musicians !!! Doesn't matter they are Led Zeppelin !!

He never refused a reunion when a reunion could be a good vehicle for some more promotion and attention from the media and the fans, he jumped at the chances he was offered at the right time, for sure he is a very clever business man ! Honestly I think that the collaboration with Krauss is a smart (and succesfull) commercial move, don't tell me that with Krauss he is exploring new territories, it's just well crafted pop-country music !!! Why he should leave this collaboration that allowed him to sell millions of records and then go to play with a bunch of old musicians !!! Doesn't matter they are Led Zeppelin !!

You're completely right. Sure his collaboration with Krauss will sell more than a colaboration with JP, JPJ and Jason.

:rolleyes:

You're completely right. Sure his collaboration with Krauss will sell more than a colaboration with JP, JPJ and Jason.

:rolleyes:

That's simply terrible, but this is music we have today and it seems what people like today !!!

Call me nostalgic, I don't care...I like the real rock !!!

Yup, I knew what you meant, all right. ;)

all bands must die eventually, it's merely a matter of how and when. and I'd say given the O2, if "Led Zeppelin" never plays again, it was a pretty good death.

Led zeppelin 'died' nearly 30 years ago, longer ago than the age of many who use this forum.

I don't think Robert's decision to work with Alison was some well thought out "commercial" move. I don't think any of them had any idea how well the record would go over. Robert is an explorer. He's always been into being challenged by musical areas he's not done before. For Robert this IS new territory on many levels. I'd hardly call those songs well crafted pop country music at all! Have you watched CMT's top 20 countdown - that is much more pop country.

It seems like not too long ago Jimmy and Jonesy where filled full of optimism and getting on good with Bonham.

Obviously they wanted Robert, but I think they could have easily gotten a new guy to create a fulfilling alternate project.

What could have killed these plans?

From all accounts that I've heard reported is that this Raising Sand II project is a short lived thing that would be wrapped up by the end of summer.

Robert has been a smart business guy in his solo career. When things loose momentum he bails before it becomes absurd. Likewise, when thing are riding high he sticks with it.

Raising Sand has has been his biggest success since No Quarter. It's been his biggest commercial success without members of Zeppelin along for the ride since Now and Zen (20 years ago). And in a lot of ways his most successful critical aclaim ever (if grammy awards account for anything).

It's no wonder he chose not to do a reunion. He can get back together with Zep any old time. A reunion would be an automatic peak. He has to ride the peaks and valleys of his own career a lot more carefully however.

I don't think he bails at all. I think he moves onto other musical genres and seeks out musicians who will best fit whatever it is he has in mind. There was no momentum lost with Strange Sensation - that album was very well received and he toured nearly 2 years after that. It's all about his desire to not stay in one place long which is more a creative thing than bailing.

I don't think Robert's decision to work with Alison was some well thought out "commercial" move. I don't think any of them had any idea how well the record would go over. Robert is an explorer. He's always been into being challenged by musical areas he's not done before. For Robert this IS new territory on many levels. I'd hardly call those songs well crafted pop country music at all! Have you watched CMT's top 20 countdown - that is much more pop country.

Agreed, an no RS is not even remotely pop country. As much of a chance and challenge as it was for RP to take on that project it was even more so for AK. Personally I think it was one of the best things RP ever did, that he wants more is not a surprise to me. Personally I thought it was good news when RS II was set in motion, I'm not interested in any modern day rehash of Zep. As excited as I was about the O2 show I watched the DVD once and likely won't ever watch it again, it was neat and all but not close to Zep in their prime.

Yeah, go on! Because on the one hand, Robert is just a second-choice midlands loser who would never have got anywhere in the music business without Jimmy - and yet on the other, he manages to be responsible for Jimmy's career these days.

Don't blame Jimmy for anything - ever!

Oh please- be my guest, you pathetic loser.

So --- Robert is a midlands loser and I am a pathetic loser. That's Great! Maybe we are related! :lol:

Ehhhh....they'll play together again. RP and JP are like a dysfunctional couple who can't seem to stay together, but can't seem to stay apart either..not forever, anyway. Most of the events they've gotten together for since LZ have been more spur of the moment - certainly not planned years in advance. Neither of them ever have, or ever will, be able to find another artist with whom they can share that same level of chemistry, and I'm sure they both know that. There may not be a full-scale tour, but they're not done. I always trust my Spidey-senses...and they're twitching like mad! B)

I knew this arctic front had to be Robert's fault :freezing:

Let the sun beat down upon my face, Please!! It was 10 degrees this morning!

And I hate cold weather :freezing::depressed:

Ehhhh....they'll play together again. RP and JP are like a dysfunctional couple who can't seem to stay together, but can't seem to stay apart either..not forever, anyway. Most of the events they've gotten together for since LZ have been more spur of the moment - certainly not planned years in advance. Neither of them ever have, or ever will, be able to find another artist with whom they can share that same level of chemistry, and I'm sure they both know that. There may not be a full-scale tour, but they're not done. I always trust my Spidey-senses...and they're twitching like mad! B)

:thumbsup: Exactly!!

Archived