Foo Fighters Wembley Concert w/ JP & JPJ Airing

SuperDave

I just cannot watch this. I saw a brief bit of it and Grohl looked like an egomaniac crazy person and couldn't sing worth a da*n because he was tryng too hard for one thing. To put him next to Jimmy and JPJ is, well, a let down. Than ks for the heads up anyway, though.

I just cannot watch this. I saw a brief bit of it and Grohl looked like an egomaniac crazy person and couldn't sing worth a da*n because he was tryng too hard for one thing. To put him next to Jimmy and JPJ is, well, a let down. Than ks for the heads up anyway, though.

Well Jimmy and John Paul don't seem to think that of Dave or I doubt they'd have joined the band on stage. They clearly looked to me like they were having a blast.

Question for British fans:

I have never been to Wembley, is this one of those stadiums like we have in America with retractable roofing so that it can be covered during inclement weather? Or is it open-air, all the time?

I can't really tell from watching the concert.

From Wikipedia:

Roof

The new 6,350 tonne roof covers an area of over 45,000 square metres (11 acres), 4 acres (16,000 m2) of which are movable and rise to 52 m (170 ft) above the pitch.[1] With a span of 317 m (1040 ft), the arch is the longest single span roof structure in the world and is 134 m (440 ft) above the level of the external concourse,[18] and is designed not to cast a shadow on the pitch.[23] Contrary to popular belief, the stadium's roof is not fully retractable, meaning it cannot cover the playing surface in inclement weather.[24]

;)

Hahahaha! I just saw JPJ's face when the FFs drummer started singing!

His face was priceless, an expression you would make when somebody is fucking up a great song so badly.

Hilarity.

EDIT: Jimmy looked like he was having a blast though. :)

Even though I've seen that before it was better than the youtube vids, Jimmy nailed it. I hated the snare sound the Foo's had though, for a band with two killer drummers that was a shit snare tone.

The snare was a bit annoying. Gave the song sort of a tinny sound. Jimmy was spot on and Jonesey was as consistent as ever. I guess Ramble On didn't make the cut. I was surprised they had done that one for the concert. I would have thought something more upbeat.

That was a bit annoying. Jimmy was spot on and Jonesey was as consistent as ever. I guess Ramble On didn't make the cut. I was surprised they had done that one for the concert. I would have thought something more upbeat.

If you trust Ross Halfin as a resource, Jimmy chose the songs.

If you trust Ross Halfin as a resource, Jimmy chose the songs.

Really? Rock And Roll is a perfect choice, but I wouldn't have chosen Ramble On as I said. Good song, but something else would have fit the mood better. Perhaps, The Ocean or Immigrant Song for example or along those lines.

Really? Rock And Roll is a perfect choice, but I wouldn't have chosen Ramble On as I said. Good song, but something else would have fit the mood better. Perhaps, The Ocean or Immigrant Song for example or along those lines.

Oops sorry, just dug this out Ross Halfin's diary.

Dave suggested playing Train Kept A Rolling. Jimmy said at least play something the crowd will know like Rock And Roll. I said do Communication Breakdown as well, Jimmy was 'maybe' which means 'NO'. They agreed on Rock And Roll and Ramble On, Dave's or Taylor's idea - boring song - but what do I know, I'm only the messenger. Also John Paul Jones had been added so Led Zeppelin and the Foos it is.

immigrant Song? Yeah I don't think their voices would have made it. either that or they would have RUINED the song.

Heartbreaker wouldn't have been a bad choice :)

True about Immigrant Song. They both had a hard enough time with RAR and RO. Not exactly stellar voices. Heartbreaker could have been really something. Would have liked to have seen that.

I forgot about this. :slapface::slapface::slapface:

Anybody know if it's going to be re-aired?

Even worse, I DID remember, and set my DVR to record it, etc. Went to watch it today (all excited, of course!!) and DAMN if my @!^#&*#$^ DVR looked like it recorded it, but wouldn't PLAY it for me. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Some techno glitch I don't understand...so I was hoping it would re-air, as well/?

Am I reading this right in the posts that the only song JP and JPJ were on for was Rock and Roll??

Thanks!! :)

Sharon

Even worse, I DID remember, and set my DVR to record it, etc. Went to watch it today (all excited, of course!!) and DAMN if my @!^#&*#$^ DVR looked like it recorded it, but wouldn't PLAY it for me. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Some techno glitch I don't understand...so I was hoping it would re-air, as well/?

Am I reading this right in the posts that the only song JP and JPJ were on for was Rock and Roll??

Thanks!! :)

Sharon

A "heads up" to those who want to record this on VH1.....

Add 10 minutes, it ran long on saturday night.

Archived