Foo Fighters Wembley Concert w/ JP & JPJ Airing

SuperDave

Even worse, I DID remember, and set my DVR to record it, etc. Went to watch it today (all excited, of course!!) and DAMN if my @!^#&*#$^ DVR looked like it recorded it, but wouldn't PLAY it for me. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Some techno glitch I don't understand...so I was hoping it would re-air, as well/?

Am I reading this right in the posts that the only song JP and JPJ were on for was Rock and Roll??

Thanks!! :)

Sharon

:console: Bummer. I totally forgot to watch and record :slapface:

Hahahaha! I just saw JPJ's face when the FFs drummer started singing!

His face was priceless, an expression you would make when somebody is fucking up a great song so badly.

Hilarity.

EDIT: Jimmy looked like he was having a blast though. :)

Jimmy looked like he was in a great deal of pain. :blink: Was his finger still sore?

I'm glad they cut Ramble On from the TV broadcast. It was really bad.

Jimmy and Jonesy played Rock N' Roll and Ramble On with the FFs, for some reason though, VH1 decided to air only the Rock N' Roll song. :slapface:

Thanks oswaldo, and everyone else, for the info!!

Someone said that Rmable On wasn't good---what was so bad about it? JP/JPJ, or Dave Grohl..or..???

Thanks again!

Sharon

Jimmy and Jonesy played Rock N' Roll and Ramble On with the FFs, for some reason though, VH1 decided to air only the Rock N' Roll song. :slapface:

My guess is they didn't play ramble because Grohl absolutely butchered the vocal up pretty good. An odd song choice IMO, and Grohl failed big time. He redeemed himself on the drums during Rock N' Roll though, delivering an all out assault on the skins that was AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

I saw it last night and Jones was INCREDIBLE on bass! Did you see him tear it up on that thing? They had nice footage of Jones and his bass tone was FAT and FAST. He's so fluid and fat, JPJ is so damn top notch. He really understands what bass should be doing at all times.

Page was great and looked cool when he came out with the sunglasses. But by the end of the number when they bowed to the audience, Page's white hair was all over the place like the cryptkeeper, coming out of his pony tail. The pony tail is a cool look for him, as long as it stays in the pony tail.

Make me wonder what Dave Grohl could do on drums in a instrumental power trio with Page and Jones. He had some chemistry with them. Grohl had great feel and energy on 'Rock and Roll', he was PUMPED, and had a great right foot. He was really slammin' those things. He's steadier and plays with more authority than Taylor Hawkins, who's decent, but Grohl is the senior drummer in that band. Nirvana's 'Nevermind' has great, in-the-pocket rock drumming. I saw the whole Foo show and Taylor drops tempo alot. Tell ya what though, Foo's are playing 87,000 people 2 nights in a row, that was one big ass crowd to headline in a weak economy, I'll give 'em credit.

I saw it last night and Jones was INCREDIBLE on bass! Did you see him tear it up on that thing? They had nice footage of Jones and his bass tone was FAT and FAST. He's so fluid and fat, JPJ is so damn top notch. He really understands what bass should be doing at all times.

Page was great and looked cool when he came out with the sunglasses. But by the end of the number when they bowed to the audience, Page's white hair was all over the place like the cryptkeeper, coming out of his pony tail. The pony tail is a cool look for him, as long as it stays in the pony tail.

Make me wonder what Dave Grohl could do on drums in a instrumental power trio with Page and Jones. He had some chemistry with them. Grohl had great feel and energy on 'Rock and Roll', he was PUMPED, and had a great right foot. He was really slammin' those things. He's steadier and plays with more authority than Taylor Hawkins, who's decent, but Grohl is the senior drummer in that band. Nirvana's 'Nevermind' has great, in-the-pocket rock drumming. I saw the whole Foo show and Taylor drops tempo alot. Tell ya what though, Foo's are playing 87,000 people 2 nights in a row, that was one big ass crowd to headline in a weak economy, I'll give 'em credit.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. JPJ was amazing, and also Jimmy sounded spot on.

About the Dave Grohl part; just today I was thinking what would happen if they had him instead of JB. OK, Jason is John's son, but that doesn't exactly mean he plays like him or better than other experienced drummers (such as Grohl). While I don't admire Nirvana a lot, I do appreciate the drumming by Dave, and I think that he would be a good choice as a drummer of LZ. And yeah, he was pumped because he's such a great fan B)

• 4 months later...

Archived