Led Zeppelin needs to come back in black

I think the author of this article overstates the funk in Zeppelin somewhat, and he underestimates the English folk roots of their music; but I still agree with quite a few of the things he's saying. One really important thing in my opinion is that Robert just wasn't a hard rock singer in the sense we use that word now, if only because he was formed in the 1960's. Just because he screamed a couple of times it doesn't make him heavy metal or something. B)

Thanks, Allison - I enjoyed it, also because it so happens that I used to read that magazine on a regular basis more than 10 years ago. :)

I agree with the Prince/Page collaboration...would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Have seen Prince mutliple times live, most recently in Las Vegas at his club at Rio....UNBELIEVABLE live/amazing guitar playing. I think he and Jimmy would be SMOKIN' hot together.

I also liked someone's suggestion of Bowie!!!!! That would also be incredible, albeit a whole different thing than what the Prince collaboration could sound like. LOVE Bowie, too---he was amazing on his last world tour--saw many shows. he's definitely still got "it"!!! Don't know how much he plans on doing anymore live ever since his infamous heart trouble on stage which cut that last tour short.

But as the writer of the article says...Zep's blues/funk is amazing...and Since Ive Been Loving You live is still my fave Zep song. Jimmy RULES on the guitar parts!!!!!!!! (<---as always!!!!!)

Sharon

In 1986 Prince gave a rare interview to Spin magazine (I think..) in which he mentioned that when he drives his car, he only listens to his own music and Led Zeppelin.

In 1986 Prince gave a rare interview to Spin magazine (I think..) in which he mentioned that when he drives his car, he only listens to his own music and Led Zeppelin.

Oh wow--how very cool!! :) Never knew that about Prince.

Sharon

I have found several articles that pertain to active threads on our forum this week in Time Magazine.

Prince's Latest

I think that Prince would be fantastic with the three J's. Jimmy could wear a purple dragon suit! :lol:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! at the purple dragon suit! :)

Thanks for that link...I can't believe Prince is going with Target...but then, what do I know?? :)

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...
I think he could come up with a better fit maybe somebody totally new like plant was,theres lots of talent waiting to be discovered.!!!! :whistling:

I really like the idea of J JPJ and J producing a cd and/or tour in which several guest singers and musicians pop in. They could do Led Zep songs or ones of their choosing. If they jam, it would make every tour date playlist a little different and I'm going to see them all :yes2:

Please post every jam on youboob. Thanks in advance! :air_kiss:

Could Britain possibly host a 'star search' program just for fun like "The Band Renames The Fame"; or (going way back): "Lead Zeppelin" (with an "a") (oh I can just hear the controversy, or heresy!) to find one suitable singer/and or musician who's prize would be going on tour and singing 1 or 2 songs? from contestants worldwide, myriad genres of music would be enthusiastically explored by J, JPJ, and J (and yes maybe even R) who could be the judges of what they'd like to hear/get into/play. At least one program night could be devoted to contestants singing a number of original songs sent in by lyricists/songwriters, all of whom have been inspired by Led Zeppelin to write/compose. I was. The new song entries could be gathered via a website and voted on online by Led Zep's fans...that way J JPJ and J would have fan input and some pretty good ideas in which direction to go. :fan:

Please tape the star search programs and send them to me or post online as I won't be getting the show here in Toronto. :( Thanks again in advance.

I was just thinking about the future. Not only could JJPJJ have an influence on/bring new music to the floor, but there would be the peeps still riding the wave of LZ. :party:

I really like the idea of J JPJ and J producing a cd and/or tour in which several guest singers and musicians pop in. They could do Led Zep songs or ones of their choosing. If they jam, it would make every tour date playlist a little different and I'm going to see them all :yes2:

Please post every jam on youboob. Thanks in advance! :air_kiss:

Could Britain possibly host a 'star search' program just for fun like "The Band Renames The Fame"; or (going way back): "Lead Zeppelin" (with an "a") (oh I can just hear the controversy, or heresy!) to find one suitable singer/and or musician who's prize would be going on tour and singing 1 or 2 songs? from contestants worldwide, myriad genres of music would be enthusiastically explored by J, JPJ, and J (and yes maybe even R) who could be the judges of what they'd like to hear/get into/play. At least one program night could be devoted to contestants singing a number of original songs sent in by lyricists/songwriters, all of whom have been inspired by Led Zeppelin to write/compose. I was. The new song entries could be gathered via a website and voted on online by Led Zep's fans...that way J JPJ and J would have fan input and some pretty good ideas in which direction to go. :fan:

Please tape the star search programs and send them to me or post online as I won't be getting the show here in Toronto. :( Thanks again in advance.

I was just thinking about the future. Not only could JJPJJ have an influence on/bring new music to the floor, but there would be the peeps still riding the wave of LZ. :party:

Love your idea of a "reality show"/star search, with those 3 (the 3 J's) as judges. LOL!!! :) Would just LOVE to see that..cuz that would mean I could see JP on TV every week (<---oops, was that out loud!??! :blush:).

Sharon

Archived