Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Zachman

hey joe live

last year i was able to find a live version of zeppelin doin "hey joe".. plant sounds awesome in it.. has anyone heard this before? im just curious

last year i was able to find a live version of zeppelin doin "hey joe".. plant sounds awesome in it.. has anyone heard this before? im just curious

I could be wrong but I do not think it's Zeppelin. I think he's playing with another band.

I could be wrong but I do not think it's Zeppelin. I think he's playing with another band.

idk sounds alot like early plant and the riff although not pages originally is improvised just like page would.. its on limewire so listen for yourself i guess.. its over 5 minutes long

He did it with Strange Sensation (and probably with Priory), is that what you're thinking of?

do u know what year he played with strange sensation on hey joe?

If it souds like early Robert then I think it could be the one version done by Band of Joy.

I'd forgotten that, though was that live? Can't remember.

Well, it would have been between approximately 2004 and 2007. The studio version is on Dreamland.

If it souds like early Robert then I think it could be the one version done by Band of Joy.

thats true but i dont think its unfathomable to think that zep covered this at somepoint in their early days live,. they were always putting their touch to traditional and standard songs back in the early days,, i may be wrong but i really think this is zeppelin

He played it during the 2002 and 2005 tours with Strange Sensation. A studio version appears on Dreamland.

The version you are thinking of is almost definateley The Band Of Joy, Robert was the lead singer.

thanks this is it.. still rocks even though it aint zep.. robert sounds great

They also did a version of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth". Both are on 66 to Timbuktu.

They also did a version of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth". Both are on 66 to Timbuktu.

Love both of those Band of Joy demos. I listen to them quite often. Robert's voice was just developing. You could really hear the potential of what would be realized shortly.

Love both of those Band of Joy demos. I listen to them quite often. Robert's voice was just developing. You could really hear the potential of what would be realized shortly.

True - much like the two tracks he did with Alexis Korner.

Hey Joe is on Roberts 'Dreamland' CD which came out before 'Mighty Rearanger". I believe he was playing with his band The Strange Sensation.

Hey Joe is on Roberts 'Dreamland' CD which came out before 'Mighty Rearanger". I believe he was playing with his band The Strange Sensation.

Yes it was Strange Sensation as mentioned above :)

Here is what appears to be a Band of Joy version of the tune.  Man, Plant's voice was AWESOME back in the day.

Actually there is a Zep version but like some of their live jams Robert is just inserting the lyrics, and it's

not complete and the arrangement is not Hendrix or the original. Zep also did FWIW by Buffalo, but

again inside of a jam, not complete, etc.. Bootleggers had a field day with this, as fans would see all

these covers  and be wow, then realize that it could be 15 seconds. Of course all this was from the

start to 73' and so, although many of the Elvis/rockabilly songs were played in their entirety at times.

Actually there is a Zep version but like some of their live jams Robert is just inserting the lyrics, and it's

not complete and the arrangement is not Hendrix or the original. Zep also did FWIW by Buffalo, but

again inside of a jam, not complete, etc.. Bootleggers had a field day with this, as fans would see all

these covers  and be wow, then realize that it could be 15 seconds. Of course all this was from the

start to 73' and so, although many of the Elvis/rockabilly songs were played in their entirety at times.

Spot on. Especially disappointing with the Beatles "covers" like I Saw Her Standing There, From Me to You, Please Please Me, etc.