JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

Would a Brit mind enlightening a Yank on a word Jeff used? In the after-interview, when asked about his feelings of being inducted with the Yardbirds, he expressed ill feelings towards it, but then said, "it's all a bit precious." To an American "precious" is a positive word; something cute and valuable and endearing. But Jeff used it darkly, I think. How does he mean it, in this context?

I think Mercurious is right. Whenever I use the word 'precious' it's usually in a sarcastic or bitter way - sort of like, 'Oh, isn't that precious?' I've never known anyone to use it in a positive way - save only through what I've heard in the media.

didn't someone say they thought they saw RP in the crowd.

obviously joking.

but I really do wonder if Robert saw the performance and what he thought of jeff doing doing the opening "lyrics" of the IS.

Just ask him when somebody bumps into him next time.

Would a Brit mind enlightening a Yank on a word Jeff used? In the after-interview, when asked about his feelings of being inducted with the Yardbirds, he expressed ill feelings towards it, but then said, "it's all a bit precious." To an American "precious" is a positive word; something cute and valuable and endearing. But Jeff used it darkly, I think. How does he mean it, in this context?

"Affectedly or excessively delicate, refined, or nice."

Any Brits old enough to remember the word "twee," same idea.

Well, did anyone hear about this "rumor" before?

“He’s a guitar god,” Perry said of Beck, who is rumored to be heading out on tour later this year with Page, late of Led Zeppelin . “And a lot of great guitar players would say the same thing - he’s head and shoulders above the rest.”

sourcce here

I've heard it sporadically, but not often. It's also used in a song by the Fratellis, so it may be more popular in Scotland (as they're Scottish).

Well, did anyone hear about this "rumor" before?

sourcce here

Oh, dear God, no. Joe Perry is a great guitarist, but he freaked me out when I saw pictures of him with Jimbob and Jeff.

I call them apologists. And speaking of, in that case apologies to you.

At least when I talk it's the simple truth.. B)

sigh, you just can't win here...keep analyzing though I'm sure eventually your mysterious disappearing solo will show up.

No apologies necessary. I know where your heart is bro. I also know you questioned what happened too. B)

I've heard it sporadically, but not often. It's also used in a song by the Fratellis, so it may be more popular in Scotland (as they're Scottish).

Thank you to everyone who answered. :) Have an O'Doul's on me :beer:

I've heard "precious" used colloquially by British people and in context, thought it meant "bratty" or "spoiled." Okay, carry on...

One more thing...

Ross' HOF pics are up:

http://rosshalfin.com/diary/april-2009/diary-april-2009.php

Thanks, Moonmaid.

Nice pics, although I didn't really care for what he wrote. Personally, I don't think Jimmy views his fans the same way, at least it's not the impression I get. What a drag reading that ...

(Besides Jeff's Induction, Watching Jimmy is an MAIN EVENT ITSELF!!)

...Tks for the Full Report...now, I don't think I need to read RollingStone....

Jeff? Oh yeah, Jeff was there! ahahahah!! Agreed...as happy and delighted as I am for Jeff really Jimmy was the draw for me :)

Bratty yes, but not in a bad way. Rather in a smart way.

Spoiled? Never. Farthest thing ever.

That's the problem with the way the story of the Princess and the Pea got handed down...

n the story, she is placed on the top matress of a huge stack of mattresses in which the split pea is placed at the very bottom of the stack. As the story goes, she would only be a real princess if she was such a stuck up freaking brat that she couldn't sleep because she would feel the pea all the way through the mattresses.

In reality, or at least in how it transpired in my reality.... I needed to be able to sleep admidst all the noise. I have perfect pitch hearing. And if I expanded further it would get into territory I am sure I am not supposed to talk about here, but none the less.... it's a story about being able to hear cries for help from other points in time.

Why would feeling the pea make her a stuck up freaking brat though? Wouldn't that just make her sensitive? As you are to sound she was to touch?

Thanks, Moonmaid.

Nice pics, although I didn't really care for what he wrote. Personally, I don't think Jimmy views his fans the same way, at least it's not the impression I get. What a drag reading that ...

I totally agree. I can't imagine Jimmy treating his fans with such disdain.

Jeff? Oh yeah, Jeff was there! ahahahah!! Agreed...as happy and delighted as I am for Jeff really Jimmy was the draw for me :)

Oh Yes...these eyes of the ladies, always looking for Jimmy and naturally they find him...

I have to say that Jeff's friendly and smiling face did manage to attract me....there is something very special about his "friendly" personality....I really like this charm in a man as it appeared in Jeff Beck

:D :D

The guitar page was playing on becks bolero was the guitar used on stairway that jeff gave to jimmy and jimmy dressed it up some

The guitar Jimmy played at HoF is a 12-string and I don't think it's the one Jeff gave him.

As I am watching the replay of the RRHOF Induction ceremony tonight, I thought that the bass player (stand up bass and bass guitar) on Wanda Jackson's songs and Bobby Womack's songs looked alot like T Bone Burnett.

Any one catch that?

Any thoughts on who it was?

As I am watching the replay of the RRHOF Induction ceremony tonight, I thought that the bass player (stand up bass and bass guitar) on Wanda Jackson's songs and Bobby Womack's songs looked alot like T Bone Burnett.

Any one catch that?

Any thoughts on who it was?

Funny I thought that too at first but I don't think it was T Bone. Not sure who he was.

Funny I thought that too at first but I don't think it was T Bone. Not sure who he was.

I don't think it was T-Bone either; I thought he was one of the guys from Paul Shaffer's band from Late Show with David Letterman...

Archived