JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

The Scoop on Metallica's Secret Friday Bash at HOB

Posted by Michael Gallucci on Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Cleveland Scene

"Why is everyone leaving me?" "Fleming, why are you doing this to me?"

The short middle-aged guy is leaning up against the bar, joking with Fleming at the end of what might be just another night at House of Blues. Except that tonight, we're talking about legendary Metallica producer Fleming Rasmussen, the current subject of torment from Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich, who is still hanging out at nearly

3 a.m. at HOB's bar.

On the eve of Metallica's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the band gather at HOB for a super-hush hush party hosted by their longtime management Q Prime, with only friends, Q Prime employees and select label execs on the invite list. Earlier in the week, rumors began to circulate that Metallica would play a secret show before/after the induction ceremonies. By the end of the week, rumors of the event had been downgraded to "private party" status and HOB employees did their best to appear completely unaware of the event, with one employee emailing me back the reply "I honestly haven't heard anything about that!" in response to my inquiry trying to confirm the event. Another associate spoke with Metallica brass and got the message "If Metallica doesn't know you, you're not getting in."

I was there with a label friend of mine that had a high placed connection with Megaforce Records founder Jonny Zazula, and a promise to get in the door on that evening. The only problem is that we've got a bad connection with Jonny's wife Marsha, who keeps answering Jonny's cell phone, unable to hear the caller on the other end.

After a few more phone calls, we decide that it's time to find another way into House of Blues. We encounter a quick roadblock with the HOB employees working the door/guest list, "Who are you" is the question that comes from the HOB employee. "Jonny Zazula" replies my friend. "Who is he?" is the question directed toward me. "Don't I get a plus one?" "No ... um ... well OK, go on inside."

And like that, we're inside. My friend immediately hunts down Jonny Zazula, hugs are exchanged, and Jonny laughs when he hears that we used his name to get in the door. Tonight's party is the best party you've never been to — free food, free booze and an audience with a dizzying list of future Rock Hall inductees, presenters, and tons of celeb friends.

No pictures is the rule, with the understanding that if you are caught taking pictures with your cell phone camera or otherwise, you'll be shown the door immediately. This allows for an atmosphere that finds all four Metallica members — singer James Hetfield, drummer Ulrich, guitarist Kirk Hammett and bass player Robert Trujillo — to hang at ease with friends and family with minimal interruptions. It is without a doubt, one big giant Metallica family reunion, as the members of Metallica reminisce and swap stories with their longtime former and current business associates, musical comrades, and family.

There are staff photographers on hand, hired to capture the evening's events on film. Legendary guitarist Jimmy Page is holding court, talking with Anthrax members Scott Ian and Charlie Benante. Hetfield is deep in conversation with Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry, who is walking with the aid of a lavish wooden cane, the result of recent hip surgery. Others in attendance: legendary Metallica producer Bob Rock (no hard feelings about the trash can drums, I guess,) syndicated radio personality Eddie Trunk, longtime Rolling Stone scribe David Fricke and a couple of former Metallica bass players.

That's right, Jason Newsted AND original Metallica bass player Ron McGovney are both in attendance for the evening. With Rock and Trujillo there, we've got all four bass players from Metallica in the same room. It's good to see Newsted there, and Father Time has been good to him — he doesn't appear to have aged a day since his 2001 departure from the band. For anyone that was wondering the current state of relations between Newsted and Metallica, it's apparent that things are currently all good, at least for this weekend.

Celebration is the focus for not only the pending Rock Hall induction, but also the incredible legacy of Metallica. And that's why tonight feels so good, because nearly all of the principal players that helped Metallica carve out that legacy, are at House of Blues. It appears that no one was left off the guest list, and nearly all have come to Cleveland to celebrate — current and former Q Prime staffers, the previously mentioned musical friends, and some important living breathing footnotes in Metalli-history, including "Metal" Joe Chimienti and "Rockin'" Ray Dill. As members of the "Metal Militia," Dill and Chimienti gave crucial early support to the band and also

gave the band a place to stay in their early days. Chimienti's house was also the birthplace for many of the writing sessions for a little album called Ride The Lightning.

During an impromptu roast late in the evening, Dill stood in front of a giant ice sculpture in the Metalli-appropriate shape of a "middle finger salute" (there was also an ice sculpture of "devil horns,") and recalled selling his New Jersey home to a group of young adults. When he told them that James Hetfield had gotten sick in the bathroom, the kids paid attention, remodeling the entire house, except for the hallowed bathroom, which would remain untouched.

McGovney spoke, recalling that the band would refer to themselves as the "young metal attack," a phrase that was used on some of the band's earliest T-shirts and merchandise — "Young because that's what we

were, Metal, because that's what it was, and Attack, because that's what we did to each other." There were no speeches from the members of Metallica — there would be plenty of time for that during Saturday's ceremonies — tonight was all about having fun.

For Metallica, it was an evening that also showed they hadn't forgotten where they came from, or the people who got them there. And how many times do you get the chance to bump elbows with Joe Perry and Jimmy Page in the same room? It was a night to remember for all in attendance, and from this guy here, I'll rate it at two metal horns, way up. Best. Night. Ever. —Matt Wardlaw

Behind the Scenes at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction: What You Didn’t See on TV

4/5/09, 11:00 am EST

Rolling Stone

Even if you watched all four hours of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 24th annual induction concert, you didn’t see everything that happened at Cleveland’s Public Hall last night. Backage and on the red carpet, guests of honor from Metallica to Rosanne Cash fired zingers, dropped news about upcoming projects and reflected on a night that honored rock’s family tree, from its roots to extreme branches.

The first inductee to walk the red carpet was Elvis Presley drummer D.J. Fontana, who was dressed to the 9s — but shown up in short order by best-dressed-band Little Anthony & The Imperials (and their immaculately coiffed wives). Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons was the last major figure to arrive in front of the swelling crowd. Simmons — older brother of Run-DMC’s Reverend Run — praised his sibling’s group as part of a “groundbreaking musical and social movement” that didn’t just change MTV, but the entire country. “I don’t think the president would have been elected if not for hip-hop — what we’ve learned about each other when people learned about African American culture,” said Simmons. “As much as all civil rights [activism] and all that we do, culture has a much greater impact.”

The Rock Hall is now Run’s House, but it hasn’t forgotten who built it. After Wanda Jackson’s set, inductor Rosanne Cash praised the rockabilly queen as a seminal influence for girls who wanted to play guitar. “She was template for all of us,” said Cash. “She could really rock out, and kept her felinity intact. Wanda’s induction is overdue.” Cash also revealed she’s working on an album titled The List comprised of covers culled from a list of 100 essential country songs that her father, Johnny Cash, gave her when she turned 18.

Later, Fontana tossed some cold water on a major element of the Wanda Jackson myth: that she’d been a hot-and-heavy item with Elvis. “They were tight,” said Fontana. “But not that tight.”

Cleveland native Bobby Womack was the night’s hometown boy done good, having grown from Sam Cooke’s guitarist to soul singer to superbad songwriter who penned the Rolling Stones’ “It’s All Over Now,” the group’s first Number One U.K. single. His assessment of his career would echo in Flea’s passionate explanation of why Metallica matters. “When you tell the truth, whether it’s positive or negative, you reach people,” said Womack, still beaming from accepting his statue. “People like to know, ‘I’m not alone.’ I made music from the heart, and touched some people who didn’t know they had a heart.”

Run and Darryl “DMC” McDaniels — the only two members of Run-DMC’s big crew who weren’t wearing shell-toed white Adidas — also explained why their music struck a chord. “For us, it wasn’t just about making records to impress 16-year-olds,” said DMC. “We knew politicians, preachers, teachers, doctors and lawyers would hear and see what we were doing. People thought [rap] was a fad, but we knew it was a way of life. We were young guys with new music that impacted a generation of people — I guess that’s what rock & roll does.”

Jam Master Jay’s mother, Connie Mizell-Perry, joined her late son’s group backstage. Smiling, she remembered completing college coursework as Jay and his friends would practice in the other room. “I always knew Jason was special,” she said. “I tried to train him. Jason joined our church choir at age five. He broke every turntable in our house.”

It wasn’t the first trip to the podium for original guitar hero Jeff Beck, who was inducted for a second time, as a solo artist. In 1992, after being inducted as part of the Yardbirds, Beck dropped an F-bomb at the group that had fired him. Last night, flanked by lifelong friend Jimmy Page, a grinning Beck said the second time was “twice the fun, innit? I really didn’t enjoy the first one, because I had to be part of the band.”

Beck brought out the guitar stars: Aerosmith’s Joe Perry made the trip to Cleveland just to see his six-string idol’s induction. On the red carpet, Perry said Beck is “the best on guitar. It’s a guitar lesson every time I see him play. And he’s a good guy, too.” After the show, Perry gave another reason he could be on hand: Recording for Aerosmith’s new album is on hold while frontman Steven Tyler recovers from pneumonia. In the meantime, Perry is working on a solo album. The guitarist plans to sing on it, then tour after Aerosmith’s fall trek.

Perry helped close the show, joining Metallica, Flea, Beck, Page and the Rolling Stones‘ Ron Wood in a building-shaking version of classic-rock anthem “Train Kept A Rollin’.” After, leaning on a silver-capped cane, Perry looked downright regal compared to the Metallica, who were still sweaty from their previous 15-minute thrash workout.

It wasn’t clear if the metal champions were winded, didn’t feel like chatting, or both. They did pose for pictures, but kept comments brief. Guitarist Kirk Hammett said of the 10-man jam, “From a guitar player’s point of view, I just died and went to heaven.” Drenched, drummer Lars Ulrich mugged for photographers and showed why he’s been a driving force in the band: After more than 25 years playing speed metal, he’s still got fast feet — and a quick wit. When a journalist asked where the afterparty was, Ulrich had an answer ready for the room: “Your mom’s house.”

Soul man Sam Moore (of Hall of Fame duo Sam and Dave) played the official afterparty at House of Blues, turning in a set that included a nuanced rendition of the Police’s “Every Breathe You Take.” Metallica bassist Rob Trujillo was at the bash, but our party reporter said the rest of Metallica weren’t in sight. Maybe Lars wasn’t kidding.

The reviews are in: Cleveland, spiffed-up Public Auditorium impress Rock Hall crowd

Posted by Henry J. Gomez/Plain Dealer Reporter April 06, 2009 13:47PM

Joshua Gunter/Plain Dealer

ClevelandPublicAuditorium.jpg

Cleveland's Public Auditorium made a positive impression on the rock stars and journalists who visited for Saturday's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The city spent more than $500,000 to spruce up the 87-year-old venue.Cleveland taxpayers spent more than $500,000 to make Public Auditorium look good for Saturday night's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

The reviews are beginning to pour in, and by most accounts, the 87-year-old venue shined so much that Rock Hall officials already seem eager to return in three years.

I caught about an hour of the television broadcast, curious how the hall would treat stars like Jeff Beck, Run-DMC and Metallica. Cleveland, I thought to myself, made a positive -- even glamorous -- impression (Full disclosure: the head designer for the evening is the uncle of one of my best friends from high school in suburban Youngstown).

From the Rock Hall's standpoint, "there's no reason why we wouldn't" return to Cleveland in 2012, Rock Hall boss Joel Peresman told The Plain Dealer.

Bootsy Collins (never in a million years did I think I would squeeze his name into this blog) tells The PD that the ceremony was "off the chain." That's a good thing.

Cleveland is no longer "the mistake on the lake," Little Anthony tells the Akron Beacon Journal. He thinks the ceremony should stay here every year.

The Beacon Journal story also quotes a ringing endorsement from guitar god Jimmy Page: ''This hall is very conducive to playing. It sounds really good."

Noted the Associated Press: "The city of Cleveland helped Saturday's ceremony in a big way, refurbishing and decorating the downtown Public Auditorium built in 1922." Russell Simmons told the AP that Cleveland "fought to get it here. They deserve it."

The Rock Hall celebrated a "raucous homecoming here," Ben Sisario of the New York Times reports. He suggests that the locale inspired "a streak of populism" at the podium.

Exhibit A: Detroit-bred rapper Eminem, in his moving induction of Run-DMC: "Two turntables and a microphone - that's all it took to change the world."

Sisario observes that the ceremony "was held not at the museum but in a place seemingly antithetical to the spirit of rock 'n' roll: the Public Auditorium, a 1920s Beaux-Arts landmark nearby." He further notes the mix of black-tie elegance and blue-collar fandom.

" ... the record executives and celebrities on the floor wore tuxedos and gowns during their dinner. But there was plenty of noise from the balcony."

It was the first time the public was invited to the induction ceremony. The 5,000 tickets sold out quickly. Andrea Taylor, Mayor Frank Jackson's press secretary, told The PD: "The mayor said we did it the Cleveland way, which means it was a weeklong event where the entire community could participate. It was successful for businesses. Our restaurants were full. Our hotels were full. And you can't pay for this kind of publicity."

Not that the $550,000 in upgrades to Public Auditorium or a $1 million economic development grant awarded to the Rock Hall by Jackson and the City Council hurt

20090404PageatHOFInductionCeremony.jpg

I hate to even bring up the subject but....

Jimmy looks so good, so much younger when compared to Ron Wood and Jeff Beck and Joe Perry!

The others have obviously had plastic surgery and look ridiculous for it, in my opinion.

Jimmy has obviously had botox and maybe collagen injections, but he looks very natural and unaltered. He looks fantastic, in my opinion.

I find it's rude to define everyone who wants a sign or photo as an ebayer and especially the children waiting at the airport. Does he really think any no-fan ebayer would do that? Waiting at an airport til 1 am? And they are merely little kids. Geez, but there you'go, that is Ross.

No kidding!!!!!!1 Why are all people "e-bay-ers"?!?!?!! No such thing as real fans anymore, I guess?/ Geez, so negative all the time..........

Sharon

A new audience video has surfaced and supplements the Zapruder film shown on Fuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vFB5L5d_qY

Jimmy either identifies a problem or purposefully steps on an effects pedal at 1:52.

Lionell comes to his aid at 3:15.

Edited to add reference to an effects pedal, which I cannot see conclusively but he is

known to use during live performances of this song.

Steve before you posted this clip i had stated that i believed Jimmy was having some tech problems.This video tends to support that so thanks.Not only did he hit the foot pedal it looks as though he steps back and has a listen to the cabinet to see if the right sound is coming out.The sound he may have been looking for would be that dirty sound you get from a les paul when you want to solo.This may be evidence of the "double shooter theory"

Regards

Cav

So it happened, forget about it and just celebrate the great musicians who had this once in a lifetime opportunity to play together. I am sure that we wouldn't want Jimmy to act like Perry did, hogging the spotlight and trying to upstage everyone. I find it admirable that Jimmy didn't try to blow away the other guitarists, as we know that he could have.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't notice anyone, much less Joe Perry trying to "hog" the spotlight or "upstaging" anyone.

As for the scrutiny of the performance, yes, the over analyzing is a bit much but that's comes with the the territory on sites such as this that are devoted to a single band. Plus, it's much more refreshing to be able to read honest commentary rather than sites where such posts are censored so all you're able to read are comments that blow smoke up the performer's ass.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't notice anyone, much less Joe Perry trying to "hog" the spotlight or "upstaging" anyone.

As for the scrutiny of the performance, yes, the over analyzing is a bit much but that's comes with the the territory on sites such as this that are devoted to a single band. Plus, it's much more refreshing to be able to read honest commentary rather than sites where such posts are censored so all you're able to read are comments that blow smoke up the performer's ass.

I just watched the jam again and I think that I agree with you, Jahfin, that Joe Perry was not really hogging the spotlight. Just my initial impression as he was center stage and they did put him on camera a little more than the others. And his solo did last a little longer that the others, too.

And I quess that if I give it a little thought, Train Kept a Rollin' is the song that his band, Aerosmith, made popular. And their version is probably the most widely known version to most people. So naturally they would let him play a little longer.

I sat close enough to observe Jimmy and his table. No......he was not stoned, high, or drunk. He has always had those "nervous" twitches.

Buck-eye-Doc.....I hope your son and his friend had as much fun as we did.

Sam.......a pleasure to meet you. Looking forward to the next one for sure!

Here are a few other observations from my weekend:

Jimmy does not "mingle"--He held up in his hotel room alot. Not many "Jimmy" sightings.

Metallica fans rock!

Most of Metallica are VERY sweet and nice. I had the honor to meet all of them.

Joe Perry is VERY skinny....didn't meet him but passed him on the Red Carpet. Yes....I did walk the red carpet. It was surreal. Another long story!

Many aging Rock stars have very young girlfriends, there is no way they were even born at the peak of their boyfriends careers. They also get annoyed when you talk to their men. We were given some very dirty looks and talked about in more than one foreign language.

Flea changes his hair color alot. It was blue when I met him Saturday afternoon.

It's always great to meet up with Led Zeppelin Fans that you know online! (Shout out to all the great and cool ppl I met!)

I sat close enough to Jimmy's table that I could watch him pretty closely........and did! (Although he didn't turn around much) He seemed as if he wanted to keep a low profile. Even the VIP's seemed thrilled that he was there. I must admit I missed some of the events on stage because I stared at Jimmy. Damn he's fine.

Jimmy looked happy to be onstage jammin'

Ross Halfin is better looking in person.

It was an honor and a thrill to be in the same room with so much talent. It took my breath away!

I fully intend to be at the NEXT Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Did I mention Jimmy looks fine? Damn that man is sexy. Whewwwwwwwwwww

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! for this recap!! And OK..how DID you get to walk the red carpet..do tell!! :) And I agree about jimmy..oops, was that out loud??!?! :o LOL!!!

Steven A Jones: thank you SO much for all the articles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else attend this, and have their own recaps/experiences to share?? Thanks!!!!!!! (I love hearing firsthand experiences as much or more than reading the articles/etc.)

Sharon

I hate to even bring up the subject but....

Jimmy looks so good, so much younger when compared to Ron Wood and Jeff Beck and Joe Perry!

The others have obviously had plastic surgery and look ridiculous for it, in my opinion.

Jimmy has obviously had botox and maybe collagen injections, but he looks very natural and unaltered. He looks fantastic, in my opinion.

:o Well, if the other three have had plastic surgery, they ought to get their money back. Unless Ron Wood asked the guy to make him look older or something. :D

It feels great to be back touring the USA, and in particular being inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. This country has been such an important part of my career and it continues to inspire me in my music making today. Thank you for the support that you have always shown for my music. Enjoy the show!!

Jeff

JEFF BECK ON TOUR

APRIL

UNITED STATES

6 Apr Scranton PA Cultural Center

8 Apr Philadelphia PA The Electric Factory

9 Apr NYC, NY Fillmore NY Irving Plaza

10 Apr NYC, NY Fillmore NY Irving Plaza

11 Apr Mashantucket, CT MGM Grand at Foxwoods

13 Apr Boston MA House of Blues

15 Apr Cleveland OH House of Blues

16 Apr Chicago IL Park West

17 Apr Chicago IL Park West

18 Apr Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall Ballroom

21 Apr Los Angeles CA El Rey Theater

22 Apr Los Angeles CA El Rey Theater

23 Apr Oakland CA Fox Theater

JUNE

GREAT BRITAIN w/ opening act Imelda May

24 Jun Brighton England Dome

25 Jun Birmingham England Symphony Hall

27 Jun Manchester England Apollo

28 Jun Glasgow Royal Concert Hall

30 Jun Belfast Ireland Ulster Hall

JULY

1 Jul Dublin Ireland Vicker Street

3 Jul Southhampton Isles Guild Hall

4 Jul London Royal Albert Hall

NORTH AMERICA (CANADA)

6 Jul Montreal Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier - PdA

8 Jul Ottawa, Canada Ottawa Blues Festival

9 Jul Quebec, Canada Quebec Festival DfEte

EUROPE

12 Jul Weert, Holland Bospop Festival, Sportpark Boshoven

13 Jul Sete, France Festival Jazz a Sete @ Theatre de la Mer

15 Jul Antibes, France Juan Les Pins Jazz Festival

17 Jul Montreux, Switzerland Montreux Festival

19 Jul Limburg, Belgium Peer Festival

22 Jul Barcelona, Spain Pueblo Espanol

24 Jul Madrid, Spain Festival Veranos De La Villa, Casa De Campo

25 Jul Cazorla, Spain Blues Festival

27 Jul Alicante, Spain Festival de Musicas del Mundo

Jeff Beck -guitars; Vinnie Colaiuta -drums; Tal Wilkenfeld -bass; Jason Rebello -keyboards

JEFF BECK ON TOUR

APRIL

UNITED STATES

6 Apr Scranton PA Cultural Center

8 Apr Philadelphia PA The Electric Factory

9 Apr NYC, NY Fillmore NY Irving Plaza

10 Apr NYC, NY Fillmore NY Irving Plaza

11 Apr Mashantucket, CT MGM Grand at Foxwoods

13 Apr Boston MA House of Blues

15 Apr Cleveland OH House of Blues

16 Apr Chicago IL Park West

17 Apr Chicago IL Park West

18 Apr Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall Ballroom

21 Apr Los Angeles CA El Rey Theater

22 Apr Los Angeles CA El Rey Theater

23 Apr Oakland CA Fox Theater

JUNE

GREAT BRITAIN w/ opening act Imelda May

24 Jun Brighton England Dome

25 Jun Birmingham England Symphony Hall

27 Jun Manchester England Apollo

28 Jun Glasgow Royal Concert Hall

30 Jun Belfast Ireland Ulster Hall

JULY

1 Jul Dublin Ireland Vicker Street

3 Jul Southhampton Isles Guild Hall

4 Jul London Royal Albert Hall

NORTH AMERICA (CANADA)

6 Jul Montreal Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier - PdA

8 Jul Ottawa, Canada Ottawa Blues Festival

9 Jul Quebec, Canada Quebec Festival DfEte

EUROPE

12 Jul Weert, Holland Bospop Festival, Sportpark Boshoven

13 Jul Sete, France Festival Jazz a Sete @ Theatre de la Mer

15 Jul Antibes, France Juan Les Pins Jazz Festival

17 Jul Montreux, Switzerland Montreux Festival

19 Jul Limburg, Belgium Peer Festival

22 Jul Barcelona, Spain Pueblo Espanol

24 Jul Madrid, Spain Festival Veranos De La Villa, Casa De Campo

25 Jul Cazorla, Spain Blues Festival

27 Jul Alicante, Spain Festival de Musicas del Mundo

Jeff Beck -guitars; Vinnie Colaiuta -drums; Tal Wilkenfeld -bass; Jason Rebello -keyboards

Very good show and hot band!

Interestingly, the outfit Jeff wore the other night was the same as he wore in January.

Would a Brit mind enlightening a Yank on a word Jeff used? In the after-interview, when asked about his feelings of being inducted with the Yardbirds, he expressed ill feelings towards it, but then said, "it's all a bit precious." To an American "precious" is a positive word; something cute and valuable and endearing. But Jeff used it darkly, I think. How does he mean it, in this context?

Would a Brit mind enlightening a Yank on a word Jeff used? In the after-interview, when asked about his feelings of being inducted with the Yardbirds, he expressed ill feelings towards it, but then said, "it's all a bit precious." To an American "precious" is a positive word; something cute and valuable and endearing. But Jeff used it darkly, I think. How does he mean it, in this context?

I'm not a Brit, but think "Princess and the Pea", where's she's so precious she can't sleep well at night because a pea was put under her mattress. So he was just acknowledging that he realizes most people would have been content and happy about being inducted with the Yardbirds, but not him, entirely in any case.

Check out Jeff's "Fuck them" Yardbirds induction speech from 1993. I dunno if everybody thought it was as funny as Jimmy did, but it sure cracked him up ...

I'm not a Brit, but think "Princess and the Pea", where's she's so precious she can't sleep well at night because a pea was put under her mattress. So he was just acknowledging that he realizes most people would have been content and happy about being inducted with the Yardbirds, but not him, entirely in any case.

Spot on. I think you nailed it.

Check out Jeff's "Fuck them" Yardbirds induction speech from 1993. I dunno if everybody thought it was as funny as Jimmy did, but it sure cracked him up ...

The single greatest acceptance speech in the history of long, drawn out, overly boring speeches. Brutal honesty is such a God-send sometimes!

Did they change it or am I missing summink - the clip I get (and thank you for it!) are pre and post-performance interviews with Jimmy 'n Jeff.

I'm not ungrateful, but it would be cool to find non-Fuse video so as to avoid the Jack-in-the-Box ads that popped up during Jeff's performance!

I found this audience video of the Jeff & Jimmy show: :D

(Without the Fucked Up Jack In Box add...)

WTF are you talking about? I am talking to the people here who are making excuses.

I call them apologists. And speaking of, in that case apologies to you.

On the subject of talkers...Have a look in the mirror.

At least when I talk it's the simple truth.. B)

sigh, you just can't win here...keep analyzing though I'm sure eventually your mysterious disappearing solo will show up. Amazing how noone can seem to accept simple equipment failure... that's not an excuse...you've all analyzed the vid to death.

:o:o ahhh here's a conspiracy for ya... :o Jeff loaned that guitar to Jimmy ON PURPOSE knowing full well it was gonna f up and lead to worldwide embarassment for Jimmy and he, he alone... Jeff Beck would come out the greatest TKAR soloist ever!!!! they threw me out ..F them!!! I get the last laff

Bwaaa haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :D

Good night ot some, good morning to the rest.

Equipment failure my arse! :angry:

It was downright sabotage and the perpertrator of the strap "malfunction" was none other than a roadie in previous life, who goes by the initials RP! :slapface:

I can't believe nobody got the connection before now. :rolleyes:

didn't someone say they thought they saw RP in the crowd.

obviously joking.

but I really do wonder if Robert saw the performance and what he thought of jeff doing doing the opening "lyrics" of the IS.

but I really do wonder if Robert saw the performance and what he thought of jeff doing doing the opening "lyrics" of the IS.

"I should have had Alison do that last tour!" :slapface:

Archived