JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

I don't think it was T-Bone either; I thought he was one of the guys from Paul Shaffer's band from Late Show with David Letterman...

That's what I would assume given Paul was there. A couple of the band members looked familiar but I haven't watched Letterman in a long time to know who's in Paul's band these days.

I am extremely sensitive to the touch as well. That isn't the issue of the story however. The issue was that she wouldn't be able to sleep. A pea under a stack of mattresses is not the type of thing to be sensitive to the touch for when you are a real princess...

To express my idea easily in song, Closer to the Heart, by Rush

And the men who hold high places

Must be the ones who start

To mold a new reality

Closer to the heart

Ahhhh, I see... thanks for that perspective!

I am watching the RRHOF Induction mostly for the first time (of course I skipped directly to Jeff and Jimmy when I first came home on Sunday night).

How can anyone not think that Metallica was anything but fantastic?

Enter Sandman was great.

Kirk's playing was wonderful.

It goes without saying that Jeff and Jimmy were fantastic also. :)

Enter Sandman was great.

Kirk's playing was wonderful.

It goes without saying that Jeff and Jimmy were fantastic also. :)

:yesnod: Agreed! (although I admit I'm biased- I still thought they rocked.)

Personally I thought it was the heaviest Master of Puppets I've ever heard from them- having both Jason & Rob together just made it crazy heavy.

Kirk- oh man, he was just absolutely shredding!

And for someone who's been pretty bored with 'Enter Sandman' as of late- this version just blew me away.

This after Jeff & Jimmy jammed out... again wow- what a great evening!

Looking forward to seeing Beck live here in NYC on Thursday night- will post what I hear when I get a chance.

Looking forward to seeing Beck live here in NYC on Thursday night- will post what I hear when I get a chance.

Have a good time and report back to us about the show!

I was offered tickets to see Jeff in Cleveland at the House of Blues on the 15th, I think.

But I am way too busy this month to go to a concert in the middle of the week.

He is in top form and I would love to see him.

The guitar Jimmy played at HoF is a 12-string and I don't think it's the one Jeff gave him.

Jeff gave him the Telecaster that Jimmy used in the Yardbirds and on Led Zep tours through 1969, also for the Stairway solo. Great shots of the Telecaster, which Page painted after Beck gave it to him, in the Supershow (1969) vid: Holy S%#$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12wRBAhcTY

Somewhere earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the 12-string Jimmy used Saturday was the same 12-string he played on the original recorded version of "Beck's Bolero" w/ Jones, Moon and Nicky Hopkins. Confirm? Was it the same guitar?

Why would feeling the pea make her a stuck up freaking brat though? Wouldn't that just make her sensitive? As you are to sound she was to touch?

Just going by what I'm hearing in my memory [not looking it up] in keeping with the oral folk tradition, she wasn't a bratty princess. She had come from afar to marry the prince in the story, but the family wanted proof that she was a princess, delicate and exquisite as a princess should be, precious enough for their royal little bugger of a prince. So they tested her by putting a pea under her mattress, then added mattress after mattress to the test each night, trying to make her comfortable. After they'd got a stack of them and she still couldn't sleep, they decided that she was, indeed, a princess and could be wed to the prince.

This was a life and death situation for our princess, as this story needs some goblins, who would gladly have taken her away had she failed to be bothered by the pea.

Somewhere earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the 12-string Jimmy used Saturday was the same 12-string he played on the original recorded version of "Beck's Bolero" w/ Jones, Moon and Nicky Hopkins. Confirm? Was it the same guitar?

It's VERY possible.

He's got hundreds of them and there's no reason why it couldn't be the original Fender.

Can you imagine what could be if JP actually recorded some new music using most, if not all of his guitar collection?

I am watching the RRHOF Induction mostly for the first time (of course I skipped directly to Jeff and Jimmy when I first came home on Sunday night).

Enter Sandman was great.

people-colour267.jpg

I agree ! ! This version of "Enter Sandman" was Excellent ! !

Those guys were having a Blast ! ! !

I've had that song playing in my head for days now ! ! ! :suntan:

Seeing it done live really puts the magic to it.

Zeppland, if you're still here: how was the sound in the hall?

The sound was really good IMO. I've been to a few other recent events at Public Hall and it is a beautiful venue. Not too big like some of the venues. I am lucky to live near Cleveland and able to take advantage of the many R&R HOF events. We always get tickets not even know who may show up at many of them and have never been disappointed.

It was a highlight of my life to have been there. There really was a very cool vibe. Everyone seemed happy and ready to Rock. Watching Jimmy was so fun, he seemed to genuinely have a good time. He was up dancing and jammin' in his seat on more than one occassion.

More pics. Rehearsal. Cigarette...

http://rosshalfin.com/people/people10.php

One vice at a time! :D I have great admiration for JP, giving up booze in his 60's. He's still his resolute, determined self. Lord knows, to be able to down more than one O'Doul's, he must be a strong-willed character. All I can manage is one sip, and then the involuntary grimace.

Zeppland, thanks for the additional details! That must've been great, to see Pagey dancing in the aisle.

Those rehearsal photos are lovely. Conspiracy theorists will already have noted that Jimmy was playing the cherry burst Les Paul in rehearsal, so the saboteur - whoever that was - must have supplied the white guitar on performance night.

The sound was really good IMO. I've been to a few other recent events at Public Hall and it is a beautiful venue. Not too big like some of the venues. I am lucky to live near Cleveland and able to take advantage of the many R&R HOF events. We always get tickets not even know who may show up at many of them and have never been disappointed.

It was a highlight of my life to have been there. There really was a very cool vibe. Everyone seemed happy and ready to Rock. Watching Jimmy was so fun, he seemed to genuinely have a good time. He was up dancing and jammin' in his seat on more than one occassion.

Yes, you are lucky, Zeppland!! :) And how cool to be able to watch JP jammin' in his seat to everyone else.

I agree I was sad to see the pic of him with a cigaretter, but my next thought was if that was just kinda "posing" for the pic??? Haven't seen him with a cigarette in so many years, and before that was all you EVER used to see!! :)

\Sharon

PS--ROFL on the conspiracy theorists and white guitar vs rehearsal guitar. :D

I totally agree with you glicine.

She was awsome at the RRHOF Induction Ceremony.

I've been a long time fan of hers (well as long as you can be with such a youngster) I'm so delighted to see her getting the press she deserves. She's quite the wunderkind.

Archived