JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

:huh: Is the Hall of Fame near down town? I'm going to look at hotels.

If I can get tickets I'm going.

It is downtown and just a short walk from the venue hosting the concert, the Public Hall (aka Public Auditorium), adjacent to the convention center. Jimmy's played this old hall

many times before (10/24/69, 8/26/70, 9/12/70, 10/19/88). The hotels nearby include the Ritz Carlton, Radisson Plaza or The Renaissance, among others.

March 10, 1981 at Hammersmith Odeon...joined Jeff during the encore - 'Going Down'.

Jimmy attended one of Jeff's three Royal Albert Hall performances in Sep 2002 (no jam).

Steve, I hate to do this, but you actually may be incorrect on that one. Don't forget Ronnie Lane's A.R.M.S. concerts back in 1983. They played at the RAH in London and a few shows in the U.S. with two in Madison Square Garden in NYC, the Cow Palace in San Francisco two at the L.A. Forum and Reunion Arena in Dallas when Jimmy, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck jammed together as well as doing seperate sets.

Unless you meant just Jimmy and Jeff jamming together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFuxp1WyGY

^^Great video! Talk about an All-star jam, there was Clapton, Page, Beck, Paul Rodgers, Joe Cocker, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts all jamming "Layla" onstage together. Jimmy seemed to really be enjoying himself and it was funny when he tapped Clapton on the shoulder and they both just smiled! B)

Even though the video is from the Amazon site, judging by the cover it looks like a bootleg release.

I have no idea. If you search for "ARMS Concert" under TV & Movies on Amazon it also yields these results, neither of which feature the artwork seen on the original VHS editions:

41ENSBKZQ4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

A.R.M.S. Concert Vol. 1 (Special Edition)

41KNWEPYKKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

A.R.M.S. Concert Vol. 2

My VHS tapes (which were also packaged in two volumes) look like this:

4c_7.JPG

Then again, the artwork for the original edition of The Song Remains the Same (not the new, expanded version) isn't the same as it was on VHS either.

71BSGKQQGTL._SL500_AA240_.gif

I have been a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame since it's opening. It is in a wonderful spot on Lake Erie in Cleveland! Yes...........Cleveland does R O C K!

I support the museum on many levels. It's a wonderful place to learn the history. They have alot of very nice events throughout the year. I attend as many as possible.

I was at the les paul tribute in November. It was wonderful!

There has been no official confirmation that Jimmy will be there. If he does attend, that does not guarantee he will play.

If you do get tickets, try to get a hotel as soon as possible. I secured mine three months ago, and they were starting to fill up downtown at that time. The Ritz is booked solid, as it usually is when there is a big show. There are alot of great hotels downtown. I wouldn't recommend the Holiday Inn.

there are going to be alot of nice events the week of the Inductions. It should be alot of fun having it back in Cleveland where it belongs. It's going to rotate every three years now. Here's hoping Robert gets in soon as well! ;)

If he does attend, that does not guarantee he will play.

I agree, I know there are exceptions but I believe it's usually only the inductees that take part in the jam (aside from members of the "house" band). I think the jam finale had even disappeared (or at least wasn't televised in recent years). It finally reappeared last year when Patti Smith, members of R.E.M. and other inductees did I Wanna Be Your Dog. A protest of sorts since the Stooges have yet to be inducted. We even got Peter Buck tossing an amp! Folks these days don't seem to know how lucky they have it, during the first few years the ceremonies themselves weren't even televised.

I agree, I know there are exceptions but I believe it's usually only the inductees that take part in the jam (aside from members of the "house" band). I think the jam finale had even disappeared (or at least wasn't televised in recent years). It finally reappeared last year when Patti Smith, members of R.E.M. and other inductees did I Wanna Be Your Dog. A protest of sorts since the Stooges have yet to be inducted. We even got Peter Buck tossing an amp! Folks these days don't seem to know how lucky they have it, during the first few years the ceremonies themselves weren't even televised.

Probably is usually the case, but there are exceptions. Like when Led Zeppelin were inducted in 1995 and Joe Perry and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith played with them.

^^Great video! Talk about an All-star jam, there was Clapton, Page, Beck, Paul Rodgers, Joe Cocker, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts all jamming "Layla" onstage together. Jimmy seemed to really be enjoying himself and it was funny when he tapped Clapton on the shoulder and they both just smiled! B)

Actually, Paul Rodgers isn't on the video. He didn't perform at the Royal Albert Hall shows. Steve Winwood sung vocals on Jimmy's songs in London, while Paul Rodgers took up the honor for the U.S. shows.

Actually, Paul Rodgers isn't on the video. He didn't perform at the Royal Albert Hall shows. Steve Winwood sung vocals on Jimmy's songs in London, while Paul Rodgers took up the honor for the U.S. shows.

I would LOVE to hear Steve Winwood singing vocals on Jimmy's songs :D

Another good one :D How lucky you saw that show!

It was the first time I saw Jimmy Page live. This was the first time he played in the U.S. since Oakland in 1977 with Zeppelin. This video of the show I saw has only recently appeared online and is very good quality, considering how much time has passed. Even better when it's pro-shot. I guess someone opened up their vault.

It was the first time I saw Jimmy Page live. This was the first time he played in the U.S. since Oakland in 1977 with Zeppelin. This video of the show I saw has only recently appeared online and is very good quality, considering how much time has passed. Even better when it's pro-shot. I guess someone opened up their vault.

We're very happy they decided to open their vault :D

A plan is forming to meet in Cleveland this weekend and camp out for pre sale tickets.

Anyone within vacinity of Toronto who is interested in joining the trip should PM me for arrangements.

If you're in or around Cleveland let us know -- thanks.

This could very well be the one and only JP performance of the year.

CheerZ

Thanks so much for sharing these video clips! YouTube is great at catching all of this rare footage, I am so addicted! It was nice to hear Jimmy speaking at the beginning of the Paul Rodgers set. Both he and Steve did a great job with this song. Lucky you getting to attend the MSG show! B):D

Steve, I hate to do this, but you actually may be incorrect on that one. Don't forget Ronnie Lane's A.R.M.S. concerts back in 1983. They played at the RAH in London and a few shows in the U.S. with two in Madison Square Garden in NYC, the Cow Palace in San Francisco two at the L.A. Forum and Reunion Arena in Dallas when Jimmy, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck jammed together as well as doing seperate sets.

Unless you meant just Jimmy and Jeff jamming together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFuxp1WyGY

I was thinking in the context of just Jimmy and Jeff, but your absolutely correct about

them having performed together accompanied by others in Sep (UK) & Dec (USA)1983.

Like most of you, I have mixed feelings as well about the induction process for the RHOF. Some of my favorites are overlooked year after year while rappers and Madonna get in. I don't think I'm going to try for a ticket because of the travel expenses but I think it will be a great time for those who go. I did visit the museum a few years ago and really enjoyed it, so if you're going to see the induction ceremony, definitely take an afternoon to go to the museum.

I was thinking in the context of just Jimmy and Jeff, but your absolutely correct about

them having performed together accompanied by others in Sep (UK) & Dec (USA)1983.

Thanks Steve. Those shows take me back and was quite memorable to see Jimmy perform live for the very first time. He was a bit sloppy at times, but he put on a good show. When he came on, the response was deafening to say the least.

Archived