JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

Train Kept a-Rollin'!!

Absolutely! What a blast!

It was great to hear everyone together on that one, although it looked like Jimmy demurred at the end to not do a solo as if to not upstage the others. Too bad- I'd have loved to see Jimmy solo on that even if only for a few bars.

Great night!

This from Sue in Ohio:

I went home, grabbed my 12 year old son and went up to the airport and met Jimmy Page who signed my old Stairway To Heaven album after getting off a Continental flight from Laguardia, New York. I read in the Plain Dealer how you can vote for your favorite guitarist of all time, so I did today and voted for Jimmy Page. When I voted for him, I didn't even know he was coming in and had no idea that I would have my cherished album signed by him that night. By a fluke, I heard he was coming in today and hope he enjoys the Rock and Roll induction shirt I gave him. Rock on Jimmy Page, thank you so much, your the best! Sue Mazzone Strongsville, Ohio Sat, 4/4/09

It's nice to see everyone is so excited and happy about Jimmy standing in the background playing rhythm guitar. Lowered expectations to say the least.

I'm excited their lifelong friendship has been made stronger thru this experience and that they indulged each of us as well as themselves in making music together again.

It's nice to see everyone is so excited and happy about Jimmy standing in the background playing rhythm guitar. Lowered expectations to say the least.

I was going to ask....what guitar was that he was playing? I didn't recognize it.

I'm excited their lifelong friendship has been made stronger thru this experience and that they indulged each of us as well as themselves in making music together again.

It was very nice, don't get me wrong. I think Jimmy did a great job with his speech, and his chemistry with Jeff is clear, and it was totally Jeff's night.

I am a very frustrated fan at this point looking at it from a selfish standpoint.

I agree, it would have been nice to see Jimmy cut loose a little bit. Im sure he was just being respectful torward Jeff as it was his night to shine. I hope Jimmy is in good health these days, and hasn't began to indulge in powders and the like again. Maybe it's nervousness, but he seems to get very twitchy in interviews, and it showed tonight during his induction speech and in later interviews. Hope I am wrong, he is a wonderful musician and always want the best for him.

I am a very frustrated fan at this point looking at it from a selfish standpoint.

Preach it, muh brother from another mother! I cannot believe it had been nearly EIGHT YEARS since Jimmy last peformed in concert on American soil. I cannot stop imagining

now what these two pals could have performed within the context of a full show, but

we knew it was destined to be just a few fleeting moments in time.

I don't feel it's lowered expectations... this wasn't Jimmy's night. It was Jeff Beck's. And RUN DMC's. And Metallica's. And all the others inducted. Jimmy proved yet again he is the consummate professional... perfectly capable of playing the role of sideman to honour those who were being inducted.

I am beginning to believe what you so sadly prophesized a while back when Robert publicly announced he would not be joining in. I always considered myself an optimist when it came to this subject. No longer.

Preach it, muh brother from another mother! I cannot believe it had been nearly EIGHT YEARS since Jimmy last peformed in concert on American soil. I cannot stop imagining

now what these two pals could have performed within the context of a full show, but

we knew it was destined to be just a few fleeting moments in time.

I don't feel it's lowered expectations... this wasn't Jimmy's night. It was Jeff Beck's. And RUN DMC's. And Metallica's. And all the others inducted. Jimmy proved yet again he is the consummate professional... perfectly capable of playing the role of sideman to honour those who were being inducted.

:goodpost:

I would have been embarrassed if Jimmy had done any more than what he did.

It. Wasn't. His. Night.

Archived