JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

:goodpost:

I would have been embarrassed if Jimmy had done any more than what he did.

It. Wasn't. His. Night.

It was Jeff's night and Jimmy showed his class, nothing or no-one was gonna take it away from him because his mate had his back!

Have a look at the jam when everyone on that stage was waiting for Jimmy to take his solo. Tell me you are happy with that? I am not.

You know, Jimmy is in his 60's... isn't it enough that on a night to honour other musicians, he was present, seemed in great spirits and got on stage twice to jam? So he didn't play a 20 second solo... he was there and he was happy and paying homage to his life-long friend...

Have a look at the jam when everyone on that stage was waiting for Jimmy to take his solo. Tell me you are happy with that? I am not.

Honestly, I thought to myself "it's been a great few days for him but it's very late now and he's getting tired".

You know, Jimmy is in his 60's... isn't it enough that on a night to honour other musicians, he was present, seemed in great spirits and got on stage twice to jam? So he didn't play a 20 second solo... he was there and he was happy and paying homage to his life-long friend...

Edit: To harsh. You're right. My bad. Very happy all around. Goodnight.

WOW! Look how beautiful it is in Cleveland with Jimmy there!! :lol:

haha. There are these monstrously big lakes that we've built our rust belt hell holes upon. Give us some water, we can put lipstick on a pig. water is nice.

Of course everyone looks to Jimmy, even Jeff by now, but they know it wasn't always so. Those two cats LOVE each other -- they're brothers. Jimmy is the consumate band leader of rock & roll. In any situation, the other players will look to him. He is the band leader, and he does lead -- that's what he does. He leads. Even Neil Young said that about him, and Neil is a leader in his own right. Neil has overpowered Bob Dylan and Jimmy Page on stage, the difference being that in the case of Dylan, Bob didn't necessarily allow it to happen, Neil just took over. With Jimmy, however, JImmy allowed it and laid back.

Nobody up there was looking for Jimmy to solo, they were looking to him for pretty much everything -- and he laid back for Jeff, and everyone else. It's an arguable point, but in my view there is no greater band leader in the world than Jimmy Page.

Don't now if it was already posted. Train kept a rollin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_ccpN-DTE

Something I didn't catch on the broadcast, but at the 2:46 mark on the You Tube clip you can see Jimmy's guitar strap broke or came loose, a roadie comes up behind him and gives him a new one, or just re-attaches his existing one. At 2:41 you'll notice Jimmy holding his guitar up... then the roadie runs up behind him.

History was made at the rock and roll hall of fame last night. Beck's Bolero played for the 1st time live with Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck. First time since 1968 that Page and Beck had played Train Kept A-Rollin live. WOW. and of course we all want MORE!

Something I didn't catch on the broadcast, but at the 2:46 mark on the You Tube clip you can see Jimmy's guitar strap broke or came loose, a roadie comes up behind him and gives him a new one, or just re-attaches his existing one. At 2:41 you'll notice Jimmy holding his guitar up... then the roadie runs up behind him.

Jimmy! Invest in some strap locks, man.

Which is one of the reasons I don't like unrehearsed all-star jams.

Yes, it's great to see so many superstars gathered on one stage, but it usually ends up embarrassing. This one was no exception.

Yes, it's great to see so many superstars gathered on one stage, but it usually ends up embarrassing. This one was no exception.

I think they have rehearsed.

All star jam

large_guitar-extravaganza-rock-hall.jpg

PageHoldingAward.jpg

PageHoldingAward2.jpg

PageHoldingJeff.jpg

Hey guys, thanks so much for these pics!! Stupid me fell asleep at the very end and missed Jimmy inducting Jeff. :angry: Anyways, I did see the clips of Jimmy in the audience and he looked so happy and relaxed. :D Great show and all of the speeches were great: Bobby Womack, Eminem, Run D.M.C., Wanda Jackson, Ron Wood, etc. Guess I will be checking out Youtube today for the stuff I missed. So glad everyone had a great time. B)

But to me that's part of the excitement of it - you don't know what will happen and with musicians of that caliber, it's a safe bet it'll be great even if there wasn't any rehearsal, which I think there was, as glicine pointed out :D

Well said, though him being in his 60s isn't so much an issue. Jeff's the same age after all but moreover, it wasn't his night and he graciously and enthusiastically supported his mate that night. I was just happy to see him with a guitar on stage and a smile on his face :D

Which could have caused him pause at the end when it appeared everyone was looking to him to maybe let rip. It IS a bit of a bummer but the overall spirit of the night is what sticks with me this morning!

Has anyone posted the induction speech and acceptance yet? I can NOT believe it's only out there in audio :slapface:

I'm (im)patiently waiting for that too... hopefully it's up soon!

Archived