JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

Have a good time and report back to us about the show!

Unfortunately I had an emergency conflict and couldn't go to the Jeff Beck NYC show(s). :boohoo:

Anybody else here manage to catch the show? An interesting aside- I looked on craigslist.com to see what tickets were being offered for. More than a few posts were saying that Jimmy definitely playing (bs obviously but maybe helped the sellers get more $$...)

Pbs, played a -jeff beck show awhile back...maybe last summer/spring, and i was really impressed with the bass player, she had some great interplay with beck on some of those jams. so, i wasnt that shocked from the rock and roll hall of fame show, just great playing.

Unfortunately I had an emergency conflict and couldn't go to the Jeff Beck NYC show(s). :boohoo:

Anybody else here manage to catch the show? An interesting aside- I looked on craigslist.com to see what tickets were being offered for. More than a few posts were saying that Jimmy definitely playing (bs obviously but maybe helped the sellers get more $$...)

I DID have the extreme good fortune to see Jeff Beck last night (not NYC, obviously) at the MGM Grand Hotel at Foxwoods in Ct. My first time (FINALLY!!!) of being able to see Jeff Beck live. It was completely and totally mindblowing!!!!!! I went with my sister, and we were both completely speechless by the end of the show. I wish I could put into language what it was like...but he did things with the guitar that I have literally never seen anyone do before. One of the most amazing things of the night (besides the impeccable playing, impeccable set list) was when he and Tal BOTH played her bass SIMULTANEOUSLY for a song...INSANE!!! (<---and I mean that in the best possible way!!). I am so very happy that I got to see him and I am still somewhat "Dazed and Confused" (LOL!!) by the whole experience.

To me one of the funniest things of the night was that in the pre-show music that gets played over the loudspeakers while you are waiting for the show to start, there were THREE Zep songs played (When the Levee Breaks, Going to California, and Down By the Seaside). I dunno--just my take on things/sense of humor, but I just found it kinda weird/odd--struck me as funny--I burst out laughing each time a different Zep song came on. I guess I wouldn't have thought that Jeff would want Jimmy and the boys "upstaging" him at his own show. LOL! :D Although, with the show Beck put on, there was NO upstaging to be done, THAT'S for sure!!!!!! He is truly amazing.......

Sharon

I DID have the extreme good fortune to see Jeff Beck last night (not NYC, obviously) at the MGM Grand Hotel at Foxwoods in Ct. My first time (FINALLY!!!) of being able to see Jeff Beck live. It was completely and totally mindblowing!!!!!! I went with my sister, and we were both completely speechless by the end of the show. I wish I could put into language what it was like...but he did things with the guitar that I have literally never seen anyone do before. One of the most amazing things of the night (besides the impeccable playing, impeccable set list) was when he and Tal BOTH played her bass SIMULTANEOUSLY for a song...INSANE!!! (<---and I mean that in the best possible way!!). I am so very happy that I got to see him and I am still somewhat "Dazed and Confused" (LOL!!) by the whole experience.

To me one of the funniest things of the night was that in the pre-show music that gets played over the loudspeakers while you are waiting for the show to start, there were THREE Zep songs played (When the Levee Breaks, Going to California, and Down By the Seaside). I dunno--just my take on things/sense of humor, but I just found it kinda weird/odd--struck me as funny--I burst out laughing each time a different Zep song came on. I guess I wouldn't have thought that Jeff would want Jimmy and the boys "upstaging" him at his own show. LOL! :D Although, with the show Beck put on, there was NO upstaging to be done, THAT'S for sure!!!!!! He is truly amazing.......

Sharon

My son who attended the RRHOF Induction is now a huge Jeff Beck fan! :)

He told me today that he just uploaded Jeff's entire catalogue (minus the Yardbirds) onto his external hard drive. He stated that it is an immense body of work, as Jeff must have recorded an album every two years or so since the Yardbirds.

By the way, Jeff and Jimmy are on Fuse right now in a replay of the RRHOF Induction.

He told me today that he just uploaded Jeff's entire catalogue (minus the Yardbirds) onto his external hard drive. He stated that it is an immense body of work, as Jeff must have recorded an album every two years or so since the Yardbirds.

By the way, Jeff and Jimmy are on Fuse right now in a replay of the RRHOF Induction.

Holy F*ckin a*s crackers! They just got done with the performance... WOW... I've already watched it a million times but WOW! Amazing...

Funny you should say that, buckeyedoc!!...My sister and I are in the process of updating our Jeff Beck catalogue today, even as we speak!! :D I seem to have lost all my albums in moves,etc, over the years that I had in the 70's/early 80's of Beck's stuff.

So nice to hear that your son is now a fan, too!!!

Sharon

Fuse just played a clip of the rehearsal for the final jam to Train Kept A Rollin'. They were discussing who would take a solo. Jimmy says "Suppose I get the sequence right, that is more important than the f*ckin' solo, isn't it?"

James says that he is not taking a solo. Kirk says that Jeff will take the first and last solos. He asks Joe Perry if he wants to solo.

So Jimmy was not planning to solo?

Not that it matters, but this clip shows that there was some plan in advance as to who and when the solos were to be taken.

Just adding a little insight. Jimmy maybe was not intending to solo? Or the strap problem prevented him from doing so when he was supposed to so he decided to stick with the original schedule and loose his turn. And since Jeff was supposed to take the last solo, after Jeff played, it was all over.

Edited to say that this replay does not show the strap incident.

I DID have the extreme good fortune to see Jeff Beck last night (not NYC, obviously) at the MGM Grand Hotel at Foxwoods in Ct. My first time (FINALLY!!!) of being able to see Jeff Beck live. It was completely and totally mindblowing!!!!!!

Sharon

Thanks for posting! Sounds like it was a great time!

Sharon

Cool, sounds like it was a great show. i would have liked to have seen the irving plaza show, never been to a -jeff beck show either.

Fuse just played a clip of the rehearsal for the final jam to Train Kept A Rollin'. They were discussing who would take a solo. Jimmy says "Suppose I get the sequence right, that is more important than the f*ckin' solo, isn't it?"

I can't find this at the Fuse sight. Does anyone have a link? Did he say this angrily, frustratedly, or jokingly?

I can't find this at the Fuse sight. Does anyone have a link? Did he say this angrily, frustratedly, or jokingly?

I dvr'd the two hour version of the show and just watched most of it. It included some clips that were not in the original live broadcast.

He was laughing when he said this, so I am quite sure he was joking. He had a very big grin on his face that they did a close up on.

I loved the clips they showed from the rehearsals.......definately didn't get to see those that night.

Yeah, and I remember the female guitarist who played with Carrie Underwood at the Grammy is from Australia, too. You Aussies have got cool rock girls. :D

Orianthi is the 24-year-old Aussie guitarist. Tal Wilkenfeld is around 22, tho she looks younger. I wish they would start a band - we need more female rock goddesses!

Beck has been very cool about supporting female musicians. For years, Jennifer Batten was his co-lead guitarist on tour, and he was very gracious about spotlighting her and praising her playing.

Orianthi is the 24-year-old Aussie guitarist. Tal Wilkenfeld is around 22, tho she looks younger. I wish they would start a band - we need more female rock goddesses!

Beck has been very cool about supporting female musicians. For years, Jennifer Batten was his co-lead guitarist on tour, and he was very gracious about spotlighting her and praising her playing.

Cool! Thanks for the information. I've been long aware of Tal because of Jeff Beck, will pay more attention to Orianthi then.

I dvr'd the two hour version of the show and just watched most of it. It included some clips that were not in the original live broadcast.

He was laughing when he said this, so I am quite sure he was joking. He had a very big grin on his face that they did a close up on.

I loved the clips they showed from the rehearsals.......definately didn't get to see those that night.

Please screen cap them if you can. I would love to see.

There's still a pretty large group of Cleveland natives who have boycotted The Rock Hall. Simply because most of the events are held in NY NY. Cleveland is the Rock Capital for obvious reasons of where the name Rock And Roll became famous by Freedman. Never been in it, don't know any Cleveland natives who've been in it or plan on ever going. Now it's all well and fine I guess for tourists etc...but thus far nobody I know has been real hot on going. We used to go to local live shows instead. You know clubs like The Agora etc.

I am pretty sure the inductees are nominated by a group of DJ's etc and not the fans. This may have changed though.

Correction: Alan (Moondog) Freed:

alan-freed-wjw1.jpg

http://www.alanfreed.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Freed

Good morning all>>>

MH

There's still a pretty large group of Cleveland natives who have boycotted The Rock Hall. Simply because most of the events are held in NY NY. Cleveland is the Rock Capital for obvious reasons of where the name Rock And Roll became famous by Freedman. Never been in it, don't know any Cleveland natives who've been in it or plan on ever going. Now it's all well and fine I guess for tourists etc...but thus far nobody I know has been real hot on going. We used to go to local live shows instead. You know clubs like The Agora etc.

I am pretty sure the inductees are nominated by a group of DJ's etc and not the fans. This may have changed though.

Correction: Alan (Moondog) Freed:

alan-freed-wjw1.jpg

http://www.alanfreed.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Freed

Good morning all>>>

MH

I love the Rock hall and have supported it since it came to Cleveland. You are really missing out on alot of amazing events. Of course you have your reasons, but the rock hall supports so many programs promoting music. The Toddler Rock is just one example. Introducing young kids to music is so wonderful. The rock hall supports alot of local musicians as well. They showcased local bands during the free day at the Rock Hall on the day of the Induction Ceremony. The nominations are generated from a panel that includes musicians and music industry folks. I don't always agree with who gets included either. I am hoping Robert Plant gets nominated soon.

I was up that way a few summers ago and decided to drop by the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. They had a record convention going on that day as well as an exhibit on Bob Dylan put on by the Experience Music Project out of Seattle. I enjoyed it very much but do not recommend the food there. It was shitty and severely overpriced.

I was up that way a few summers ago and decided to drop by the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. They had a record convention going on that day as well as an exhibit on Bob Dylan put on by the Experience Music Project out of Seattle. I enjoyed it very much but do not recommend the food there. It was shitty and severely overpriced.

Yeah, that whole thing is over priced. I mean don't get me wrong if someone visiting wanted to go I would have went. Nobody ever really wanted to go. Cedar Point or Geauga Lake Park was usually chosen instead by visitors. Or a sports game. Cleveland has a bad rep. But it has it's cool things too. Looks like the economy finally got Geauga Lake. It will be sadly missed. I used to tend bar there in the summer. Employees would have late night parties and get everything free with just us. Or we would dress the job act like we clocked in and swap clothes :(

1. http://www.cedarpoint.com/

2. http://www.geaugalaketoday.com/

Oh well back on subject. It was a hoot watching Page and Beck...you know it?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived