JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

I ordered my tickets today!

I tried my very best to get the lady at the R&RHOF to tell me if Jimmy was going to be there. She would not budge. She didn't deny it either. ;)

PM me if anyone from here is going. We are going to be in Cleveland a few days that week. Would be a blast to meet up and party.

Is the Toronto crew still planning on a road trip to get tix?

I tried my very best to get the lady at the R&RHOF to tell me if Jimmy was going to be there. She would not budge. She didn't deny it either. ;)

PM me if anyone from here is going. We are going to be in Cleveland a few days that week. Would be a blast to meet up and party.

That's awesome news Zeppland! You'll have to report back all the happenings. Fingers crossed you get a nice surprise :D

Congratulations on the acquisition !! CheerZ

The Toronto contingent ( me - lol ) decided to pass on the trek to Cleveland for the pre-sale ticket camp out due to an announcement on Beck's web-site that Jeff plans to attend the inauguration with " his band ".

Upon hearing that I thought that the likeliness of JP performing became less possible.

A trip to a far off city for an overnight wait in the cold for tickets to something " hopeful " is a lot to contend with. I remain hopeful that Jimmy will be there .

I wish everyone luck on Monday for the phone-in public tickets available.

Lets plan a party in Cleveland for all of us lucky enough to get tickets and go.

I ordered mine today.I tried yesterday but could'nt get through

Staying at the Mariot at Keycenter on Public square,should be a great time.

I've never been to The Hall but could'nt pass up the chance to see Jimmy,HOPEFULLY.

The Rock Hall's own link to Ticketmaster doesn't work! And I can't find the event on the Ticketmaster site itself; they just have regular admission tickets to the museum.

Don't mind me, I'm a little emotional today...

Tickets became available yesterday and today by phone only to members of The RNRHOF.

Ticketmaster will sell to the public on Monday

Glad you liked it. Take a look at my post again as I have added one with Paul Rodgers from MSG on December 9, 1983. I was at that show.

:banana:

That is awesome footage, Dave - thank you. Never seen anything from that show before. Looks like Jimmy had tons of energy.

Quoting reezon: Tickets became available yesterday and today by phone only to members of The RNRHOF. Ticketmaster will sell to the public on Monday

Indeed yes, but usually Ticketmaster will have the show/event listed beforehand, and you can look at a seating chart and prices, etc. + they will list when the tickets go on sale to the general schlub-lic.

Here is a breakdown of how tickets will be sold

Thank you for membership support of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. As you know, member pre-sale for tickets to the 24th Annual Rock Hall Induction ceremony at Cleveland's historic Public Hall began yesterday. Due to overwhelming demand for the event, we must inform you that the allotment of member tickets has sold out.

You still have other opportunities for purchasing tickets. A limited number of tickets will be available in person at the Rock Hall on Saturday, January 24 and by phone sale on Monday, January 26. In addition, if additional tickets become available, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum members will be the first to be notified.

The 2009 Induction Week in Cleveland will include a number of other public performances and events. As artists, performances and ticket information becomes available, we will notify our members first.

Details on other Induction Ticket Sales are below:

On Saturday, January 24 beginning at 10 a.m., pre-sale tickets for upper-level seating will be available to the public for $35 and $75 during a one-day walk-up sale at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Box Office. Tickets are being sold on a first-come, first-served basis. The pre-sale will continue until the ticket allotment is exhausted. There will be a two ticket limit on all orders.

On Monday, January 26 beginning at 10 a.m. tickets to the Induction Ceremony will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets for $35 and $75. Fans can contact Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com or at 800-745-3000. Because of the demand for this event, there will be a two ticket limit on all orders.

Please be assured that if additional tickets do become available, Rock Hall members will be the first to know.

In addition to and leading up to the Induction ceremony, the Rock Hall is presenting a weeklong series of events in Cleveland. We hope to engage you, the music fans, while creating a marquee event that will bring significant economic impact to Northeast Ohio. The schedule is as follows:

Saturday, March 28-Majic 105.7 Moondog Coronation Ball presented by your Northeast Ohio Chrysler & Jeep Dealers and Ameriprise Financial at Quicken Loans Arena

Sunday, March 29-Free Community Gospel Concert

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will honor Pastor Shirley Caesar in a tribute concert. Pastor Caesar will perform and various choirs will honor her through music. Caesar is a multi-award winner with 11 Grammy, 13 Stellar and 18 Dove awards. She has also recorded over forty albums. Caesar was inducted in the Gospel Hall of Fame in 1982, and is Pastor of the Mount Calvary Word of Faith Church in Raleigh, NC. This is a free event.

Monday, March 30-Students Rock!

The Education Department of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will reach out to students across the United States via the award-winning distance learning program On the Road. The special class developed for this day will look at the lives of the 2009 Inductees through their songs and performances. The day will also see students from Case Western Reserve University SAGES program visit the Museum to explore the connections between popular music studies and the physical artifacts of the music's history as part of a semester-long class taught by Rock Hall educators.

Tuesday, March 31-Teachers Rock!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum has a year-long commitment to educators with monthly programs such as Teachers Rock and the annual Summer Teachers Institute, and on Tuesday, March 31st the Rock Hall celebrates the many teachers who use the history and music of rock and roll in their classrooms every day. This special edition of Teachers Rock invites educators to visit the Museum between 4-6pm for a series of exciting performances, presentations, and prizes, including a chance to win tickets to the Induction ceremonies. During the evening reception the winners of the 2009 Induction Teachers Lesson Plan Award will also be announced.

Wednesday, April 1 - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will open the world's first exhibit devoted to the life and music of Bruce Springsteen: From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen.

Thursday, April 2-Free Community Concert presented by National City Bank (Wolstein Center in Cleveland)

A free public concert will be held at Cleveland State University's Wolstein Center featuring performances by past Hall of Fame inductees

Saturday, April 4-Free Day at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum

The public will be admitted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum for FREE all day. presented by Medical Mutual

Additional information regarding the weeklong series of events will be provided to Rock Hall members in the coming weeks.

As always, if you have comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Membership department at krussell@rockhall.org or 216-515-1939.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 2009 Induction, including inductee bios, weeklong schedule of events and additional ticket information, please visit

www.rockhall.com/induction2009.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View our new webcasts to learn more about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum!

Follow the Rock Hall on the web and stay connected on Myspace, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr and more!

Visit www.rockhall.com/interactive!

For more information on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum,

please visit www.rockhall.com.

45 RPM spacer earrings

FORWARD TO A FRIEND

Contact Us | Unsubscribe

Privacy Policy

The Sepia Magazine Photo Archive

MOTOWN: The Sound of Young America Turns 50

WMMS: A Cleveland Legend Turns 40

Treasures from the Vault

Right Here, Right Now!

Sparkle & Twang: Marty Stuart's American Musical Odyssey

Rockin' the Schools

Rock and Roll Night School

Rock Hall YouTube Channel

Museum DVD

This email was sent by: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum

1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio, 44114, USA

© Copyright 2008, All Rights Reserved.

I ordered mine today.I tried yesterday but could'nt get through

Staying at the Mariot at Keycenter on Public square,should be a great time.

I've never been to The Hall but could'nt pass up the chance to see Jimmy,HOPEFULLY.

Hi Reezon,

I got my tickets today at 12:00. I got the last set of tickets available for members! Like you, I tried all day yesterday and couldn't get through either. I tried at various times today and was about to give up when I connected. They told me that today was my lucky day and I got the last tickets. :)

I have reservations at the Marriott Key Center also. I stayed there when I went to the Les Paul concert and it is a nice hotel. It is within an easy walking distance to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I have a MAJOR commitment for that weekend that I don't know if I can get out of, so my son and one of his friends, or both sons may be the ones to use the tickets. :(

Also just a note: I believe that admission to the RRHF will be free on that Saturday.

I think we got reservations at the Marriott as well.

That is cool that so many folks got their tickets. Good luck to everyone that is going to try to get tickets on Monday.

I have been to a few events at this venue. They have a fund raiser there that we have attended. Big shots sit on the floor, with lovely tables and private wait staff. The secret is to wait until everyone on the floor has been indulging in the bubbly for a while.......then make your move to the floor. ;) LOL! The area is in walking distance to the House of Blues. Tower City which is a mall has the Hard Rock Cafe. It's a short distance from the Marriott as well. I hosted a get together at the Hard Rock when Robert was playing in Cleveland. They gave us a huge table downstairs in a more private area. It was nice.

Depending on the amount of ppl coming, we can reserve a place to have a get together.

If anyone wants any ideas on what to do, or good places to eat.......just PM me.

They are having a "free" day at the rock hall on Saturday. It will be CRAZY that day. I would suggest going on Friday or Sunday instead. There should be enough members there to bring a guest that gets in free.

I'd say You Shook Me and maybe Beck's Bolero...it's far too soon to say for certain.

With so much back catalog to choose from, the possibilities are staggering.

"Hi Ho Silver Lining" would be a treat, especially if Jonesy by chance would get on the plane with Jimmy!!!

And I hope Jimmy brings the Telecaster Jeff gave him!

That is awesome footage, Dave - thank you. Never seen anything from that show before. Looks like Jimmy had tons of energy.

He seemed like he did and he played rather well. He was just coming back to performing live again after a dormant period and dependency issues. In interviews, it seemed that Eric Clapton was a bit worried about Jimmy after getting through his own issues of the like. To be at that show was quite amazing and I'll never forget how I felt when Jimmy walked out on stage. To say I was up for Jimmy's performance was just a slight understatement. My friend Eric, who went to the show with me, said something along the lines of an epileptic fit, regarding my reaction.

I see a set of tickets already listed on ebay! Wow.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Rock-N-Roll-Hall-of-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thank for the heads up !!! Cool.

Pricey , but a once in a lifetime opportunity perhaps here.

I'm still waiting for something concrete from the JP camp.

Plus, public sales are tomorrow ----

Keep the faith.

Peace

Thank for the heads up !!! Cool.

Pricey , but a once in a lifetime opportunity perhaps here.

I'm still waiting for something concrete from the JP camp.

Plus, public sales are tomorrow ----

Keep the faith.

Peace

There will probably be no confirmed announcement from JP until the tickets are gone. Keeps the hysteria down.

Reggie,

It also said joining Jeff Beck would be Vinnie Colaiuta on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and David Sancious on keyboards.

Tal Wilkenfeld in an Australian bass player. Hadn't heard of her but I found a Youtube clip of her with Jeff Beck.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA

Yes, (WARNING: Sexist pig mode now ON): she has quite a body (played bra-less w/Beck at Crossroads Festival in 2007) ... BUT MAN, CAN SHE PLAY SOME KILLER BASS!! It takes a lot of talent to jam with someone like Jeff Beck!

http://k43.pbase.com/o6/90/147390/1/840634...297e7x5copy.jpg

Archived