2009 SUPER BOWL

THE FIRST LEDZEP

You and the majority. I hope Bruce is more original and picks some songs that aren't so expected of him. I would love to hear: Out In The Street, Countin' on a Miracle, No Surrender, Something in the Night, Fire and Quarter to Three. They will need to extend the halftime a bit :)

Hope he plays if I was a carpenter

RP would love it

You and the majority. I hope Bruce is more original and picks some songs that aren't so expected of him. I would love to hear: Out In The Street, Countin' on a Miracle, No Surrender, Something in the Night, Fire and Quarter to Three. They will need to extend the halftime a bit :)

Yeah, I guess my picks were standard MOR. Okay, he'll play ONE song from The River LP.

Yeah, I guess my picks were standard MOR. Okay, he'll play ONE song from The River LP.

They are standard, but more likely to be played than my "hopes". I have heard Born In The U.S.A. and Born To Run enough (not that they're not great anthems). I don't expect to hear even one of the songs i would like to hear (i picked each one considering the theme of the show, not because they are the songs i would most want to hear if i could pick ANY). So Jethro Tull, which stadium are you planning to see Bruce on his next tour?

I never watch the Super Bowl! My husband doesn't care for Pro Football either. My sons hate Pittsburgh and said they would catch snippets of the game, rooting for the other team. They are Bengals fans. :(

I saw an ad for Death Wish I, II, and III on AMC on Sunday night.

Also, I think that "Sense and Sensibility" is on PBS.

:D

I guess its fitting that Springstein play this Super Bowl. I cant stand the teams or him. Never could get into his music. Sorry.

I really don't care about the Superbowl...the only one in my immediate family, but i do want to catch the halftime. You don't have to be sorry for not liking Bruce, who cares? Musical taste is personal.

They are standard, but more likely to be played than my "hopes". I have heard Born In The U.S.A. and Born To Run enough (not that they're not great anthems). I don't expect to hear even one of the songs i would like to hear (i picked each one considering the theme of the show, not because they are the songs i would most want to hear if i could pick ANY). So Jethro Tull, which stadium are you planning to see Bruce on his next tour?

Verizon Center.

Of all the super big acts of all time, the only ones I could just never like were Elvis, Springsteen, and Prince (if he/she even counts), yuk.

Agreed.

I'd trade Elvis for Johnny Cash, Springsteen and Bob Seger for pretty much anything other than themselves, and Prince for any dude brave enough to work in a hair salon.

Assuming they'd never go for any newer acts, Neil Young would be kind of sweet. Rush, Grand Funk, anything.

Hi Yukon,all,

Of all the super big acts of all time, the only ones I could just never like were Elvis, Springsteen, and Prince (if he/she even counts), yuk.

Well,lets temper this a bit.It is well know that Led Zeppelin were huge fans of Elvis.That should count as something.

Mr. Plant is also a huge fan of Prince.Love 'em or hate 'em he does a smoking version of "WLL"!

Ok,Meg,Steve,Leddy,etc,.......what do the lads think of Mr Springsteen? :unsure:

KB

Football deserves some hard rock or heavy metal...not Tom Petty like last year.

I suggest an Ozzfest type thing again, or Disturbed, Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like Petty and Sprignsteen, but they don't get me pumped up...especially not for football

People like us on this board may want that type of music, but they have to appeal to the masses including older and younger audiences. Do you think that Frank Sinatra lovers are going to want to hear Metallica? I would pick Sinatra. Lets see who can pick the score the closest? Ill say, 28-17. Steelers.

I don't honestly care what Sinatra lovers want, seeing as how they are not among the largest fanbase of the NFL.

I'll say 38-31 Cards

Bruce performance or commercials? No contest :)

:lol: I do like some of the commercials :P The Boss is great too!

I think this song would be perfect for the SB

Get down Bruce! :banana:

And wannabe if this song doesn't pump you up! you've got ice water in your veins :P

Archived