What is Jimmy to do?

nirvana

Why is Jimmy sunk if Robert doesn't want to continue past Monday? Isn't Jimmy supposedly working on his solo album? I agree it would be fun if they did something more and even toured too, but Jimmy doesn't need them! I just wish he would sing himself. He just doesn't like his singing as he has said. I love his singing on "She Just Satifies."

I know! I am so pumped to see Page talk about his new music as being so amazing! As long as he gets it out! And I like his singing on that track too, he sounds so mod, its great. Personally, i would want as much of him as possible in whatever he releases. Produce it himself, as I mentioned somewhere else, he could paint the cd cover (he's a painter). Play keyboards too!

It is a shame that Jimmy hasn't done more with his solo career. He just seems really hung up on the ensemble concept, but he has trouble accepting the idea of forming a band with unknowns. So he keeps trying to hitch his wagon with established artists so it's hard to keep it together. He really should have a steady band with lower-profile members who are just great musicians, but not "names".

I feel the same. Plant has proven that you can get extremely good results with less unknown artists. Why shouldn't Page too? He will be wasted for nothing if he keeps on forming rock supergroups. I would still like to see some original stuff from the man.

Why do bands have to disband, its utterly ridiculous. If I ever ...and it would take winning the lottery at this stage in life...if I ever have the chance to start a band it will be called "NEB". Never ending band, everytime someone leaves the band or leaves the earth they will be replaced by a new member and each time that happens, the sound changes and enters a new stage, and the band will "Remain the Same" and hopefully always be.

Wouldnt that be something, NEB founded in 2008 and still rocking strong in 3008.

"I've got a dream, crazy dream" .............

Oh yes, there is one already, apparently called as Uriah Heap? Though i am still eager to see the band live, if i ever can.

Also, while i see that you bursting with antithesis-like excitement, i'd like to note that sometimes that very person who just died in/left your band happened to be that guy who really made the band what it really was.

I mean, sure i'd love to see Plant, Page, Jason, JPJ live - but that is because i will tolerate them as persons. To me it's those old foxes putting out some good, enjoyable show . . .

How to explain this? The problem with such as Queen is that to everbody and all the time, Mercury was Queen's charismatic leader. The guitarist always came second. All the bands stuff (i might be wrong now) were sung by Mercury: do you think it would be tad weird if sudendly Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers or Axl Rose becomes the singer of Queen? What if they did an album: would they still be the Queen?

This is a problematic question since every people has different view to this.I once asked my friend that "can't you guys make this band without me?" and he responded to me "Look, this band is really you: this band can't be without you." Sounds awful but well, me and the drummer has always been the musical and charismatic leaders of our band: if one of us left, would the band still be the same?

I don't think so, it would be just better to disband and make a new band. It's just doesn't feel the same. What do you think Robert Plant thought about getting a new drummer to the band after the death of Bonzo? (besides him being tired of Zeppelin, i guess?)

pst Neb more like Monkees, ultimate cashing machine ~

How funny! On the first Queen l.p. the DRUMMER Roger Taylor sings lead on "Modern Times Rock N' Roll" on lead vocals! Yes...the drummer! Classic track! Over the years and l.p.s Roger would sing more lead vocals as well as the the guitarist Brian May. Surely if you think so much of Freddie Mercury you must love his solo projects as well...right?

Just in case you don't know...Queen are the only recording group in the world where all four members wrote a number one hit. So all four members wrote songs, three of the four did solo l.p.s and both Roger and Brian have had successful solo tours both singing on their own and doing Queen songs, AND they have collaborated with legends both solo and as Queen such as Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers...and Axle Rose. And yes...the group was Brian May's so in truth it is him who has been running the show BEFORE Freddie Mecury even joined the group.

Endless misinformation from people who don't know what they are talking about I am afraid. In the meantime Queen have been highly succesful putting on concerts and touring worldwide for the first time in 20 years which also included the U.S. which was a first in 25 years and sold about as well as when they had Freddie Mercury.

Queen were NOT Freddie Mercury's solo band as much as some might wish nor was Led Zeppelin John Bonham's solo band. The music is either good or it isn't. If it isn't then for God's sake don't do it. If it is then go kick some ass. Stop following proven dead hippie-ideology and being losers who surrender at a whim and quit when things don't go your way.

How funny! On the first Queen l.p. the DRUMMER Roger Taylor sings lead on "Modern Times Rock N' Roll" on lead vocals! Yes...the drummer! Classic track! Over the years and l.p.s Roger would sing more lead vocals as well as the the guitarist Brian May. Surely if you think so much of Freddie Mercury you must love his solo projects as well...right?

Just in case you don't know...Queen are the only recording group in the world where all four members wrote a number one hit. So all four members wrote songs, three of the four did solo l.p.s and both Roger and Brian have had successful solo tours both singing on their own and doing Queen songs, AND they have collaborated with legends both solo and as Queen such as Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers...and Axle Rose. And yes...the group was Brian May's so in truth it is him who has been running the show BEFORE Freddie Mecury even joined the group.

Endless misinformation from people who don't know what they are talking about I am afraid. In the meantime Queen have been highly succesful putting on concerts and touring worldwide for the first time in 20 years which also included the U.S. which was a first in 25 years and sold about as well as when they had Freddie Mercury.

Queen were NOT Freddie Mercury's solo band as much as some might wish nor was Led Zeppelin John Bonham's solo band. The m usic is either good or it isn't. If it isn't then for God's sake don't do it. If it is then go kick some ass. Stop following proven dead hippie-ideology and being losers who surrender at a whim and quit when things don't go your way.

Without Bonzo it won't be the same! NEVER! He was a powerhouse. No one can ever fill his place on the drums. But i want to see a Reuinon Tour, too. Altough it won't be the same like in the seventies. I just want to see Jimmy Robert and John playing together. It would be great, of course. They are all very good musicans. No doubt that Jason could play all the Zep stuff, but never with the same feel and groove like his dad!! So lets see....but i don't believe that Robert will do more concerts withe the guys. He always was the only problem. I don't know what i should think about him.

I just want to say it's really challenging having so many new faces on this site and trying to figure out who knows what they're talking about and who's..well.

Honeydripper, I really like your style! You're well informed and don't let your opinions get glossed with zeal, hyperbole and unrealistic hopes.

Atlas, Aqua, Jahfin, Sunchild, pleasure as always! :beer:

That said, what will be will be. If Jimmy says he's got stuff in the pipe, great! I trust him! That he hints that it could only be for Zeppelin worries me though. I'd hate to think he'd not soldier on if it wasn't with Zeppelin. As for it not being Zeppelin without Bonzo, I agree. It wouldn't be Zeppelin as we know it. However, I'd rather let the music do the talking and remain positive. It's naive to expect the Zeppelin of yore. To expect that would be to erase 27 years of musical change and growth. I don't think it's an insult to Bonzo if they choose to take up the mantle and make music with the Zeppelin name. Led Zeppelin is a rock our sentiments, no matter how genuine, can't break. Why dash ourselves against it? Their legacy cannot be diminished. Were they to do a new project and sucked, it wouldn't rewrite history, but rather define the present. They cannot unmake what they did, so why worry over it? If they find joy in working together, so be it. They deserve it. If not, fine. They owe us nothing. It is we rather, that owe them the right to do as they please and hope we get something more. That would be a gift, not a debt paid.

As for those who say they owe us "one more tour". What if they did that and you didn't get a ticket? Do they owe you yet another until everyone is satisfied? :rolleyes:

:beer: Cheers Evster, back at ya!

Oh, and - what you said, quite beautifully.

Archived