Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ludwig

Best Zeppelin Book?

Which must reads are out there?

The first Zepp book I read was "A Celebration" by Dave Lewis. Recommended by me no doubt.

Any others I should be checking out?

I thought 'Hammer of the Gods' by Stephen Davis was a funkin' good read, mate. B)

Though... I realised it was also a means of getting money by Cole to feed his cocaine addiction and therefor feel bad for having enjoyed reading it.

Edited by Bonham

"Led Zeppelin: A Band and Their Music 1968-1980" by Keith Shadwick is my pick. Yes, Shadwick can be a little opinionated, but he gets his facts right, and the book is a treasure trove of photos...especially Jimmy photos. There's even an entire chapter on the Yardbirds!

"Led Zeppelin: A Band and Their Music 1968-1980" by Keith Shadwick is my pick. Yes, Shadwick can be a little opinionated, but he gets his facts right, and the book is a treasure trove of photos...especially Jimmy photos. There's even an entire chapter on the Yardbirds!

I quite agree. I just finished the Shadwick book, and it's excellent. (Although "Celebration" by Dave Lewis is on my Christmas list!)

I go with "Hammer of the Gods" very interesting book, although I have to reread it, because I like get half way through, then don't read it for 4 months, then I forget, so I have to start over. Plus, I missed a lot of interesting things last time.

Seconded, this is the definitive Zepp book in my eyes.