My Two Beagles are Loose

bigzepfan

My two beagles, Dusty and Charlie got loose Friday. They didn't come back last night. I've driven for hours and hours and put up signs everwhere that is open today and put them on the radio also.

They are 3 and 5 and are my "children" as I am a bachelor.

I'm stressing really bad right now. I've gotta go play some zep.

My two beagles, Dusty and Charlie got loose Friday. They didn't come back last night. I've driven for hours and hours and put up signs everwhere that is open today and put them on the radio also.

They are 3 and 5 and are my "children" as I am a bachelor.

I'm stressing really bad right now. I've gotta go play some zep.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they make it back.

THis makes me so sad...I hope they'll find shelter for the night.

Are you living in the town or on the country? I mean, if you live in a town, the chance is very very big that they'll be found very soon!

I'm with you! And my best wishes! :console2:

Edit: Beagles are strong and smart dogs! THey'll return to their dad!

I am so sorry to hear about that, and I'd be freaking out, as well. :(

Did your pets have microchips embedded with your info in case someone finds them and turns them in to the humane society? If you haven't already done so, call your local shelters and give them descriptions of your dogs so that they can be on the lookout.

Sending positive thoughts your way...

You have to make sure you put up alot of signs. my friend and his wife lost their beagle and we put up 300 and something dollars worth of signs all over the whole area and they got a call within two days. you know what happened...the dog walked into a bar. the back door was open cause it was a warm night and the dog walked into the bar. the person who took him home had just actually lost a beagle, so he was gonna keep him, cause the dog had no collar on. my friends wife had taken the collar off him, another thing, never take the collar with the tags off your dog.

My aunt has two beagles that she found, had put signs up and contacted pounds and nobody ever claimed them. also, from hanging out with my dog at dog runs, have heard of ten and twelve yr old hounds getting loose and wandering for days...even if their trained and have a good home, they just put their nose to the ground and keep going.

Hey, i hope you get your dogs back. put the signs up and contact the pounds and police and such and i'm sure you'll get them back.

Its a great idea. I had a cat with an ex, between my ex wife and current wife, that ran off and it was strange. We moved a few miles away I kept going back to the house for three to four days and I found the rascal meowing in the driveway, picked him up and took him away to his new home. I was relieved. He is with the ex last I knew. I hope there is a happy ending to our member and his beagles.

I hope so too :yesnod:

:'( Happy and boohooey at the same time. I'd thought about doing that with my dog at one point and I think if I were to ever get another dog, I would definitely do it (mine is old).

The local shelters down here had a big campaign on these after Hurricane Katrina.

I felt so bad seeing pics of those dogs and cats floating about on rafts during Katrina I sent money to Noah's Arc. One of many animal rescue agencies. I hope they did their jobs well?

Not to mention the damage of the faigrounds racetrack that is now back in business.

I sent money to the ASPCA.

I felt so bad seeing pics of those dogs and cats floating about on rafts during Katrina I sent money to Noah's Arc. One of many animal rescue agencies. I hope they did their jobs well?

Not to mention the damage of the faigrounds racetrack that is now back in business.

I know that they were recovering the animals right along side the people.

By the time we got in and started recovering our vehicles there were no strays to be found.

That's where Robert and Alison performed at JazzFest last year, in fact, which made it extra powerful when they sang When the Levee Breaks (and it started raining).

P.S. Any update on the beagles? :unsure:

Still no luck. I've been driving for hours and hours, putting up signs, talking to neighbors.

I live in Lake katrine, which is Ulster County. Two hours north of NYC. I'm only a few miles from Woodstock, NY. Used to buy led zep bootlegs in the rare record shops in woodstock. Great place to hang out in the summer.

I'm praying that someone has them. The only tags are their rabies #. Yes, I am an IDIOT!!!

The local dog warden doesn't work weekends so I'm hoping someone has them and there is a voicemail on her machine now telling her where they are. She'll be in tomorrow by 10am.

It's so fucking cold out it's not even funny. Ten degrees tonight. somebody has to have them.

They will have the microchip as soon as they are found. Immediately. i think I even saw once where you can get a collar with a gps. i think i'm going to go that route because then you know right where they are at all times. they're worth it. I doubt that they'll be able to implant it though because it must need a battery to send the signal. dunno yet.

craigslist has been helpful as far as advice from people. Good advice. Best one yet is to put my pee in a spray bottle and spray it on the trees in the woods. Behind my house there are woods about one square mile with loads of deer, fox and I even had a bear in my backyard this past summer.

I am not a parent and never have been. I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to go through this with a child.

My heart goes out to everyone who has helped me and who has ever gone through this with a pet or child. I could use all of the support I can get. It's difficult being a single guy whose dog is my life. I can't tell you how it felt to get back here and see the responses. thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am keeping the faith. My boys will be home.

Keep your head up, you and your dogs are in my thoughts. They will make it through this, and so will you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I'm a dog person too, I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Archived