2009 Grammy Awards

The Pagemeister

Yeah Carrie's song definitely wasn't country, that's probably why I liked it, most modern country sucks. If she did an entire album of that type of stuff I'd be interested.

That was my response--I wasn't expecting to enjoy her spot much, but I was blown away by both her voice and the song (and the guitarist), would love to hear more as long as it wasn't country!

That was my response--I wasn't expecting to enjoy her spot much, but I was blown away by both her voice and the song (and the guitarist), would love to hear more as long as it wasn't country!

I think Carrie is great! She's more country-pop. I love her CD "Carnival Ride". Cool stuff. :)

I was happy for Adele; I really like her! :) I like Duffy too; she was a hoot on the Red Carpet on E! beforehand ( :bagoverhead: for admitting that I watch that...)

I think Duffy is amazing! I listen to her CD a lot. I was happy she won something, though I forget what.

Besides Robert and Alison's performance, I loved Allen Toussaint with the Rebirth Brass Band - absolutely charged!

I was happy for Adele; I really like her! :) I like Duffy too; she was a hoot on the Red Carpet on E! beforehand ( :bagoverhead: for admitting that I watch that...)

I watched that too, or at least I had it on, hoping to see R&A (and I still missed them), and most of it was absolutely agonizing (though I agree Adele was fun). It reminded me of that scene in Almost Famous when Lester Bangs tells the Cameron Crowe character that rock 'n' roll is dead and that in a couple of years "it's going to turn into everything we hate"--judging from that show, that's exactly what you'd swear had happened. People being sent off to have rock 'n' roll fashion makeovers--yuck. :P

I watched that too, or at least I had it on, hoping to see R&A (and I still missed them), and most of it was absolutely agonizing (though I agree Adele was fun). It reminded me of that scene in Almost Famous when Lester Bangs tells the Cameron Crowe character that rock 'n' roll is dead and that in a couple of years "it's going to turn into everything we hate"--judging from that show, that's exactly what you'd swear had happened. People being sent off to have rock 'n' roll fashion makeovers--yuck. :P

:lol: Yeah, I watched the red carpet too :ph34r: and it was pretty tacky! What was that sending people off for fashion makeovers :blink:

I was cringing watching Ryan Seacrest trying to talk "Rap" with the rap artists...but they were very gracious about it.

A font is where you are being baptized.

Not a font of knowledge and not in this context.

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss have been added to be the list of performers at the 51st annual Grammy Awards which will be held February 8 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Plant and Krauss told Billboard.com in June that they are hoping to turn their platinum-certified, Grammy Award-winning "Raising Sand" album into a going concern.

"I'm in no hurry to go anywhere," Plant told Billboard.com. "I want to stay very close. This is a font of knowledge, and I'm sticking as close to it as I can."

Krauss concurred: "We're all having a wonderful time, and I hope and I think all three of us are hoping to continue this and that it go on and on." But she added that the duo's association shouldn't bring the curtain down on any of their other projects.

Oh my God. You are putting down Robert Plant on a Led Zeppelin site? And nobody is messing with you? If I had done that there would have been 40 posts calling for my head already!

I'm happy for him, but I don't think he deserves it. Especially not with the crap music him and Kraus put out, wtf was that anyways??

Great how it opens the CD too. I had it blasting earlier today and I was grinning from ear to ear listening and singing along! :)

Yes it is and they closed the show with Your Long Journey which also closes the CD :D And a really poignant song.

I'm happy for him, but I don't think he deserves it. Especially not with the crap music him and Kraus put out, wtf was that anyways??

WTF was that? Er, a damned good cd :D

My friend you need some cultural enrichment :D you sound like me 30 years ago.

A couple Fais Do Do's with some Cajun Queens will turn you right around B)

Blair-TeenQueen.jpg

I really think that Robert Plant, Alison Krauss and T-Bone Burnett made a quality collection of songs on Raising Sand and deserve their recognition, and they are fortunate to have received their awards.

The other nominees reportedly provided a lot of competition. I have not heard all of the music of the other nominees so I do not know. I am just noting that others have voiced strong support for the other nominees.

I really think that Robert Plant, Alison Krauss and T-Bone Burnett made a quality collection of songs on Raising Sand and deserve their recognition, and they are fortunate to have received their awards.

The other nominees reportedly provided a lot of competition. I have not heard all of the music of the other nominees so I do not know. I am just noting that others have voiced strong support for the other nominees.

Radiohead a lot of people felt were long overdue for a Grammy and I think a lot of people thought it might have gone to them.

Archived