Billy Powell of Lynyrd Skynyrd is gone

Swede

There will never be another Billy Powell no matter what Skynyrd does in the future just as there is not another Leon they are individuals/originals they cannot be duplicated or replaced.Someone else can play thier part but it will never be the same.I miss Billy but now He is back with Ronnie , Allen ,Steve ,Cassie and Leon . Heck Duane and Berry may sit in on a few songs.They need good Music in Heaven and by God I believe they have it now.

lastscan-1.jpg

The last time I saw Billy . I will miss You .

Love your picture Al, must be in pride of place on your mantlepiece. Billy always seemed to have a big smile on his face in everything you saw him doing, just like in your picture. He looks like he just loved life to the max.

RIP Billy

Al, that is a great picture.

Ed King has told a lot of stories about Billy and his humour over at Ed's board. He sure seem to have been a very nice and funny guy and must've been a joy to have as a tour mate.

This is Ed's post on Billy's passing..

http://forum.edking.net/index.php

I really liked Billy but I have had a few long conversations with Ed they don't come any better a real down Home Country Boy. A Southern Gentleman.

I really liked Billy but I have had a few long conversations with Ed they don't come any better a real down Home Country Boy. A Southern Gentleman.

I've never had the opportunity to meet any of them in person. I can't say I know Ed, but what little I know of Ed, which is due to the interacting with him on his forum, I can only agree with you that he's a very nice and humble person. He, as Billy Powell, has a great sense of humour too.

I've never had the opportunity to meet any of them in person. I can't say I know Ed, but what little I know of Ed, which is due to the interacting with him on his forum, I can only agree with you that he's a very nice and humble person. He, as Billy Powell, has a great sense of humour too.

I am on His Forum also but I seldom get involved between work and other things such as Grandkids which I just found out I have #6 on the way My Youngest Daughter is Pregnant again She wants a Girl I hope She get one.As for Skynyrd they are all cool fellas . The Music will live forever.

I am on His Forum also but I seldom get involved between work and other things such as Grandkids which I just found out I have #6 on the way My Youngest Daughter is Pregnant again She wants a Girl I hope She get one.As for Skynyrd they are all cool fellas . The Music will live forever.

Well, that's great news, congratulations! :D

Yeah, I think Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of those bands I'll never let go of or be tired of hearing. Ever since I first heard them and purchased their albums, I kept picking out the records and listen to 'em every once in awhile.