Robert Plant and Alison Krauss interview tonight

No reason to get testy about it - you asked, I offered my thoughts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't intend to offend you or belittle your opinions Nine Lives. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

No reason to get testy about it - you asked, I offered my thoughts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't intend to offend you or belittle your opinions Nine Lives. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

No worries!

For the first time in ages Robert handled questions about Led Zeppelin reforming with a serious tone. He was respectful...made his point without insulting anyone, or making the question into a joke. It was a breath of fresh air IMO.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I just read the following on Manicnirvana.com/newswire website:

The 20th Annual Pollstar Concert Industry Awards were held January 30, 2009 in Los Angeles. Among the winners were Robert Plant and Alison Krauss for “Most Creative Tour Package”. Not sure if they attended since it does not mention this on Manicnirvana's website.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I just read the following on Manicnirvana.com/newswire website:

The 20th Annual Pollstar Concert Industry Awards were held January 30, 2009 in Los Angeles. Among the winners were Robert Plant and Alison Krauss for “Most Creative Tour Package”. Not sure if they attended since it does not mention this on Manicnirvana's website.

"Most Creative Tour Package", they surely deserve that. :D

For the first time in ages Robert handled questions about Led Zeppelin reforming with a serious tone. He was respectful...made his point without insulting anyone, or making the question into a joke. It was a breath of fresh air IMO.

Did you notice that he did raise his voice and sound forceful when he began answering the question?

Then he cooled down very quickly and answered very respectfully, not sounding ticked off but giving a very logical, well thought- out (he has given it much thought in the past) answer.

Did you notice that he did raise his voice and sound forceful when he began answering the question?

Then he cooled down very quickly and answered very respectfully, not sounding ticked off but giving a very logical, well thought- out (he has given it much thought in the past) answer.

Maybe some diplomatic training will do him good.

I think his tone is a serious tell in this instance yes. He must have put some thought into the idea on some level. The 02 show had to have begged the question. IMO, while I'd love to see something new, or for the 3 members to work together again, I do not want to see a shell of it's former self. Just as Robert points out. I still think you will see Robert work with Jimmy again. He has said on more than one occasion he would like too. Time will tell.

I think the wheel may well turn, and in a year or two his musical relationship with Jimmy may be different again--the wheel has constantly spun with those two.

But

I hope Robert realizes that he will only be remembered as "Led Zeppelin" and not his solo career. I don't understand why he doesn't embrace the facts. Just an opinion.

while it's true he's usually identified as "Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant," and realizes that himself, I don't think that alters the fact that he feels the need to sing new and different music. I don't think he's performing with Alison just as a career move, to give himself a higher public profile or something. He's all about the music (which is what he was saying in that much-misunderstood comment about LZ not being about the fans).

In other words, and also just my personal opinion, I think he does embrace the facts, and says So what? :D

I don't think he's performing with Alison just as a career move, to give himself a higher public profile or something. He's all about the music (which is what he was saying in that much-misunderstood comment about LZ not being about the fans).

He said it himself that he doesn't have a career. It's just another great adventure among those. :D

Good on them :D

I didn't hear any change in tone personally (not to say it wasn't there!).

I hope Robert realizes that he will only be remembered as "Led Zeppelin" and not his solo career. I don't understand why he doesn't embrace the facts. Just an opinion.

Robert is very proud of his time with Zep but to him, that time ended when Bonzo passed. He has chosen to continue that spirit of Zep which is musical exploration, only he's doing it on his own. He likes to be challenged by new adventures and the idea of being put in positions of being uncomfortable. He seems to thrive on that and more power to him! He never set out to recreate or carry Zep on but to embark on a series of experiences which is why he answered that he really doesn't have a career. But his decision not to reform Zep has nothing to do with not embracing his past. I think he very much does IMO.

Archived