Robert Plant and Alison Krauss interview tonight

Robert when talking about Zeppelin and why he doesn't want to do it all again:

"The reason it ended is because we were incomplete, and we've been incomplete for 28 years now"

"(Led Zeppelin) It was fired by youth and a different kind of enthusiasm from now"

I had long since given up on an LZ reunion tour, but these two quotes cemented it for me.

I managed to capture some of the same stuff, bigzep fan, as follows (wish I could type faster too!):

Robert when talking about Zeppelin and why he doesn't want to do it all again:

"You need to guard the discretion of what you did in the past"

"The reason it ended is because we were incomplete, and we've been incomplete for 28 years now"

"To visit old ground is a delicate thing to do."

"(Led Zeppelin) It was fired by youth and a different kind of enthusiasm from now"

Also - the presenter confirmed that the interview will be made available online so you can listen to it again.

It was not a sedate environment.

The interview is still there as I listened to it yesterday.

I suppose there is always the possiblity of the three of them working together. Obviously, under a different name. I suppose along the lines of what Robert has been doing with Alison. Roots based music and blues too with more crunch if Jimmy comes along. That could be good.

I hope Robert realizes that he will only be remembered as "Led Zeppelin" and not his solo career. I don't understand why he doesn't embrace the facts. Just an opinion.

Yet you present it as a fact. Interesting.

I've been musing on Robert's comments over the past few days, and I have to say that his remarks ring entirely true with me. I thought back to the sort of things I used to do (and be able to do :rolleyes: ) in my twenties, and not only can I not do them any more, I really don't want to do them now.

Now, I was never the lead singer of the greatest band of all time in my twenties, but the same logic still applies, I suspect. I do look back on those "days of my youth" with affection and they were great at the time, but I have moved on. Let's face it, I'd be pretty sad if I hadn't! :D

So whilst Robert's feelings of not wanting to revisit the past disappoint me (for lots of very obvious reasons, not least the fact that Jimmy so obviously wants to), I can't really blame him for feeling the way he does. He clearly enjoys what he's doing now, so who am I or anyone else to criticise him for that?

However, if Robert ever finds a way to revisit the past but with a different frame, so to speak, I'll be there! The O2 gig showed that the new version of Led Zeppelin in the 21st century is still the best band in the world - not the same band they were previously, but still the greatest of our current time.

All IMHO, and just my tuppence-worth. :)

I've been musing on Robert's comments over the past few days, and I have to say that his remarks ring entirely true with me. I thought back to the sort of things I used to do (and be able to do :rolleyes: ) in my twenties, and not only can I not do them any more, I really don't want to do them now.

Now, I was never the lead singer of the greatest band of all time in my twenties, but the same logic still applies, I suspect. I do look back on those "days of my youth" with affection and they were great at the time, but I have moved on. Let's face it, I'd be pretty sad if I hadn't! :D

So whilst Robert's feelings of not wanting to revisit the past disappoint me (for lots of very obvious reasons, not least the fact that Jimmy so obviously wants to), I can't really blame him for feeling the way he does. He clearly enjoys what he's doing now, so who am I or anyone else to criticise him for that?

However, if Robert ever finds a way to revisit the past but with a different frame, so to speak, I'll be there! The O2 gig showed that the new version of Led Zeppelin in the 21st century is still the best band in the world - not the same band they were previously, but still the greatest of our current time.

All IMHO, and just my tuppence-worth. :)

That's it! Who we were in our 20s or 30s or whatever past decade it may be, we aren't that person now. We grow, evolve, change. Things that I loved in my 20s I may not be that into not necessarily because I can't do whatever it may be, but my interests/tastes/ changed. That's life and Robert is no different, just because he's famous. Doesn't mean people can't wish for things to be different but as you said, you respect his decision and that's all we can do. As I've said before, I'd just like at this point to see Jimmy in SOME form get out there and play!

Good to hear they are still having fun and I can't wait to hear the new stuff.

I really do think Raising Sand was a breath of fresh air.

Anyone else notice the irony in Penny Lane's statement?

I found it quite amusing :)

Good to hear they are still having fun and I can't wait to hear the new stuff.

I really do think Raising Sand was a breath of fresh air.

Anyone else notice the irony in Penny Lane's statement?

I found it quite amusing :)

Me too! Some people just need to accept that Robert has moved on SINCE Zeppelin. I find it sad that many cannot. Oh well, more for us to enjoy of his solo projects. :D

Archived